Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/2/2023 3:22 pm  #26

Re: Asghar's latest interview

[url]//associationofsportingdirectors.com/tony-asghar-dundee-united-creating-the-togetherness/[/url]

An interesting read.  I'll give Asghar credit for the appointment of Courts and to a lesser extent Mellon. I will also give him credit for some signings and loan deals (Mulgrew, Levitt and Fletcher), however, I do think he has made a big mistake in thinking we can have a consistent output of top talent from the academy. It really doesn't work that way. You may have 2-4 "fallow" years before you have the next top talent. If you blow the budget and don't make provision for these fallow years, you then have to account to the "stakeholders"

14/2/2023 5:13 pm  #27

Macbonzo wrote:

[url]//associationofsportingdirectors.com/tony-asghar-dundee-united-creating-the-togetherness/[/url]

An interesting read.  I'll give Asghar credit for the appointment of Courts and to a lesser extent Mellon. I will also give him credit for some signings and loan deals (Mulgrew, Levitt and Fletcher), however, I do think he has made a big mistake in thinking we can have a consistent output of top talent from the academy. It really doesn't work that way. You may have 2-4 "fallow" years before you have the next top talent. If you blow the budget and don't make provision for these fallow years, you then have to account to the "stakeholders"

Great article, thanks for sharing.

14/2/2023 7:46 pm  #28

That is years old, he talks about being transparent with the fans and about his recruitment strategy.
He will leave a legacy alright- walofs

14/2/2023 11:52 pm  #29

To quote Ashgar interview:
" Mr. Asghar. “We have created our own platform for internal communications so medical, sport science, coaching, academy can have all the information online. This platform allows us to understand how the young left-back is doing and compare him to the left-back at the first team, and then compare both with the one we want to recruit. Comparable data is huge for me.”As described by Tony Asghar, ultimate success comes in various ways. It might be to convert DUFC into profitable business or to bring more home-grown players into the first team. “I want to leave Dundee some day with a feeling that I have left legacy, that I have made the club a lot more sustainable.”

.... Blah blah blah blah blah blah     ....you'd have been better served going into politics mate,  or maybe CV writing.

For all your woffle all I care about is Dundee United.
Results mean success, anything else abject failure.
I don't want legacy, I want a win on Saturday.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (14/2/2023 11:57 pm)

16/2/2023 11:28 pm  #30

For this to happen you need to have good coaches and we don't. It requires good coaches all the way down the ages groups. I struggle to understand how coaches with so much inexperience of coaching and playing are suddenly going to produce players for the Dundee United lab. 

It would help to have a successful or competitive youth team. The youth team seems to struggle most weeks and has done for a season or so. You need a half decent platform for the boys to make the jump into the first team squad. Plenty other clubs in the our division are manging to bring through youth players we seem to have stalled massively. Our under 18 coach hasn't played professional football before. 

Board footera