Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/2/2023 12:20 pm  #76

Re: January Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Pawlett was finished years ago.  I think he only managed over 30 games in a season twice.  Good player who unfortunately saw his fitness issues determine his career.  Renewing his contract was just further proof that our management team do not know how to run a football club.  Agree a mutual parting and get him off the books...

19/2/2023 11:41 pm  #77

20/2/2023 1:10 am  #78

No doubt this will be  celebrated as the model working by MO and TA - Just wish they had the same level of commitment to actual success on the pitch for the first team!!!

20/2/2023 3:30 am  #79

Good signing for the Fulham Under 17s. 

They loan a player to Hibs during the window not us and we sell out only half decent youngster to them!

Cant make it up

20/2/2023 12:49 pm  #80

Rumour is that McLeod knocked it back.

I appreciate we are a selling club, but this strategy of selling academy players once they make the first team just seems like the club are desperate to make a quick buck.

Can you imagine if this was our clubs strategy when the likes of Goodie, Russell, Gauld and Armstrong were coming through?

20/2/2023 5:24 pm  #81

Don’t think he’s knocked it back, seen photo of him at Craven Cottage today.

20/2/2023 6:15 pm  #82

Rick Dagless wrote:

Rumour is that McLeod knocked it back.

I appreciate we are a selling club, but this strategy of selling academy players once they make the first team just seems like the club are desperate to make a quick buck.

Can you imagine if this was our clubs strategy when the likes of Goodie, Russell, Gauld and Armstrong were coming through?

I think you are spot on. We are desperate for cash. I recall reading a few weeks back that West Ham rated MacLeod at £4m. I saw through that one as Asghar’s ex business partner was Kenny Moyes (brother of David)

As you say imagine if we had done that with Duncan Ferguson or Christian Dailly or Maurice Malpas.

20/2/2023 7:42 pm  #83

Any news on the goalkeeper situation?

Do the rules say that we need to recall Ericson from his loan, or can we look at other options like asking Celtic for an ameremergency loan of Benji?

20/2/2023 9:37 pm  #84

kiwiarab wrote:

Any news on the goalkeeper situation?

Do the rules say that we need to recall Ericson from his loan, or can we look at other options like asking Celtic for an ameremergency loan of Benji?

read today can’t recall Ericson cos the loan is abroad but would qualify for an emergency loan as we only have one keeper over 21 fit.

emergency loans are only a week at a time I believe, also think Benji is injured 

20/2/2023 11:08 pm  #85

Only boys I can think we could potentially sign on emergency load are Robbie  mcrorie or Conor hazard from both sides of the erse cheeks

Fucking farce to find ourselves in

13/4/2023 10:30 am  #86

Rory McLeod to Fulham deal is now OFF

Hmmmmmmm 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Board footera