Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/10/2022 3:25 pm  #26

Re: Utd vs Motherwell - Saturday 29th October

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I disagree with your assertion that to finish 10 points clear, we "must" win on Saturday. If we draw 0-0 and the teams around us all lose heavily, then it has been a positive day.

My confidence is based on the following :

1) Transfer window - The Ogrens have heavily backed the manager, and I am certain they will again in January. We have the added bonus that, due to the World Cup, there will be more games after the window opens than usual, so the new signings will have longer to make an impact.

2) Recent performances - the showings against Aberdeen and Hibs at home were superb, not the sort of performance to be expected from a team likely to be relegated. We need lots more of these performances.

3) Liam Fox. Great manager and even better person. Once he is truly settled in, we'll win more than we lose under him.

So I fully expect us to beat Motherwell, but a draw wouldn't be a disaster.

Ok please answer one more,
FYI I have the 🍿 out in anticipation of what I'm sure will be a belter of an answer

Explain how ALL the teams around us can lose heavily when the bottom 6 are all playing each other?

I didn't say "all the teams around us", I said "if the teams around us all lose heavily"

The teams around us are Kilmarnock and Ross County. They aren't playing each other, so if they all lose heavily and we draw, it's been a cracking day.

Your question was rather pedantic, if you don't mind me saying so.

You actually said....... If we draw 0-0 and the teams around us all lose heavily, then it has been a positive day.

27/10/2022 4:35 pm  #27

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I disagree with your assertion that to finish 10 points clear, we "must" win on Saturday. If we draw 0-0 and the teams around us all lose heavily, then it has been a positive day.

My confidence is based on the following :

1) Transfer window - The Ogrens have heavily backed the manager, and I am certain they will again in January. We have the added bonus that, due to the World Cup, there will be more games after the window opens than usual, so the new signings will have longer to make an impact.

2) Recent performances - the showings against Aberdeen and Hibs at home were superb, not the sort of performance to be expected from a team likely to be relegated. We need lots more of these performances.

3) Liam Fox. Great manager and even better person. Once he is truly settled in, we'll win more than we lose under him.

So I fully expect us to beat Motherwell, but a draw wouldn't be a disaster.

Ok please answer one more,
FYI I have the 🍿 out in anticipation of what I'm sure will be a belter of an answer

Explain how ALL the teams around us can lose heavily when the bottom 6 are all playing each other?

I didn't say "all the teams around us", I said "if the teams around us all lose heavily"

The teams around us are Kilmarnock and Ross County. They aren't playing each other, so if they all lose heavily and we draw, it's been a cracking day.

Your question was rather pedantic, if you don't mind me saying so.

Some folk suck it up when they been caught out but still you try to worm your way out. You need to read your replies, wobble the head and stop posting during classes.
Why would we be wanting teams around us to get hammered, last time I looked goal difference wont matter if according to you we'll finish 10 pts ahead of them?
A cracking day is we win and the other 2 games in bottom 6 draw.
Consider yourself pedanticised

27/10/2022 4:38 pm  #28

Not sure myself either guys but couldn't be arsed finding a dictionary,
I won't be quoting him anymore or it will end up one post a page

27/10/2022 6:05 pm  #29

Canna believe Ehm reading this on a United forum.

If the teams round us lose and we get a drah, it's been a good day? C'mon to phuck.

Ahight, so as lang as we are able to get a point here or there and Killie and Coonty loss, then its a brah day?

Oh and what aboot drappin TWA points against the teams that baet Killie and Coonty.

27/10/2022 6:36 pm  #30

Can't fathom it myself hence why I asked.

AU will be along soon with a positive or 10 re the dropped 2 points, just give him time to finish his homework first

27/10/2022 9:57 pm  #31

Billy_Hainey wrote:

As always I hope I get some leeway for stating the obvious.

We should be trying to win every game. But for the majority oe this Season we ain't been trying near hard enough. The results and the performances on the park show that.

So we need to try harder to win the remaining games because if we don't, each game we don't win makes it harder to make up places in the League. Let's be honest we ain't gonna win the League, but ATM we canna even keep up we St Mirren.

So on that note, this match, and every match is a must win.

101%
If a player is taking the field with anything other than must win attitude there's a problem.

28/10/2022 2:45 pm  #32

There is something far wrong with the attitude that every game is not necessarily a "must win." Because every game lost is another nail in the coffin....

28/10/2022 5:43 pm  #33

orcajun wrote:

There is something far wrong with the attitude that every game is not necessarily a "must win." Because every game lost is another nail in the coffin....

Is Celtic away a must win?

28/10/2022 7:22 pm  #34

orcajun wrote:

You are 100% correct that should be our aim  I get what you are saying.

28/10/2022 10:23 pm  #35

AlwaysUnited wrote:

orcajun wrote:

Duuuuaaaaahhh !

28/10/2022 10:52 pm  #36

Will someone please ban him??

Too much commotion

29/10/2022 1:33 pm  #37

Vars debut at Tannadice.  Can't say I'm looking forward to the confusion it will create.
If a goal is ruled out we won't know why, that can't be good for the paying punters.

29/10/2022 5:13 pm  #38

AlwaysUnited wrote:

orcajun wrote:

What? Because it's Celtic would you have us say we won't win anyway so what's the point in trying? I say again - every game is a must-win. Otherwise don't turn up and forfeit the three points?

29/10/2022 5:17 pm  #39

orcajun wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

orcajun wrote:

What? Because it's Celtic would you have us say we won't win anyway so what's the point in trying? I say again - every game is a must-win. Otherwise don't turn up and forfeit the three points?

I didn't say any of these things. These are all your own words.

All I did was ask if it is a game United "must" win?

29/10/2022 5:18 pm  #40

Just home.

United were robbed by an abysmal VAR decision.

If Tony stays on, we win that game.

29/10/2022 5:34 pm  #41

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Just home.

We were better when watt got sent aff, speaks volumes.

29/10/2022 5:37 pm  #42

Games against Celtic are not must wins, I'd be tempted to rest our best because games against bottom 6 teams are 6 pointers and are almost must wins but definitely must not lose.

Today's was just like previous manager, the man in charge can't motivate from the get go and can't inspire a comeback, our last 5 defeats have been by 1 goal.
One of these days we'll start fast, getting sick and tired of opposing teams opening scoring in 1st half.

We won our last 2 home games with a clean sheet but Fox decides to dump Eriksson who if you remember saved a pen and kept a clean sheet  the last time we played Motherwell.
Fox has done nothing to get balance and fight into this team and what little confidence Eriksson had grown will have been shot.
If Celtic are in any way goal hungry I hate to think what the score will be.

29/10/2022 5:46 pm  #43

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Just home.

Before he got sent off I’m sure Tony still thought he was playing for Motherwell.

29/10/2022 8:09 pm  #44

Ootdone beh a fluke goal and VAR.

Beh fluke, Eh mean the goalie shoulda had it. And the Tony Watt incident was right in front oe me and Eh thought he pulled oot and didna touch the boy.

Oor finishing in the box let us doon tae. EG. Anybody remember the chance we had when McGrath had the ba in the box 8 Yards fae the Goal Line. Instead oe walloping it, he passed toward the by-line and the ba goes oot for a Goal kick.

Thought we were the better team for the 1st 20 mins and Eh thought we played no bad considering we were doon to 10 efter 40 mins. But efter that TBH didna think we were gonna get anything fae the gehm.

Refereeing was poor the day. EG. There was a point in the 2nd half whar he let 3 fouls go, right efter ane anither.

Beaten beh Beaton.

MOTM for me Sibbald.

30/10/2022 12:11 pm  #45

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Just home.

Shut your puss eh.

30/10/2022 1:53 pm  #46

I'd get sacked for sacking both keepers, Smith, Mulgrew, Harkes, Asghar....

30/10/2022 3:13 pm  #47

I'm not sure we would have picked up anything yesterday even with 11 men on the park against a poor Motherwell side which is worrying.On the positive I thought both Jamie and Craig were good.

31/10/2022 1:36 pm  #48

United Arab Emarite wrote:

BMT wrote:

I'm not sure we would have picked up anything yesterday even with 11 men on the park against a poor Motherwell side which is worrying.On the positive I thought both Jamie and Craig were good.

Do you not think we could have got a draw?
I hope never to see John Beaton refereeing another of our games this season.
That was the 1st time we've had him & I hope it's the last.

Hard to say as we were already 1-0 down and after the first 10 minutes we didn’t create much when we had 11 men on the park.

31/10/2022 5:08 pm  #49

Wasn't at the game, so didn't get a real life view.  As stated before I'm not going back to Tannadice until Fat Tony has sung his last song.  However, having seen the Watt tackle from a variety of still and moving angles, it is pretty clear to me that Watt has given the ref/VAR a decision to make.  I am not sure that there is intent, but I do think a red is in the list of potential outcomes.  For me a yellow would have been about right, but it doesn't look good (I may be influenced if they boy who was tackled got up and played on like he wasn't touched/had to run it off but was clearly hobbling).

But, in any event, why are we wasting more money with an appeal?  Would it not be better to take the medicine in the Celtic game and be available for the next one.  It's not as if Watt is going to score at Parkhead.

31/10/2022 5:44 pm  #50

VAR not the problem, Beaton not the problem (until he goes to the screen)... a cheating footballer is the problem rolling around on the deck like he's broke his leg......
Nothing will fix football until the 22 cheats involved in every game get taken to task

Board footera