Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/12/2014 7:41 pm  #1

United game you wished you had been at

The playoffs vs Partick.

Didn't get to go to either of them. 

08/12/2014 8:10 pm  #2

Re: United game you wished you had been at

Good topic boab, sure it will get response, for me it would be Old Trafford for the 2-2 game, the story's from those who went was of frustration over the fact they couldn't do what they wanted, but also there were many who did, would have loved to attended this game if i wasn't studying for professor in law and martial Arts degree at the time

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

08/12/2014 8:23 pm  #3

Too many to count, didnt get to go to games until 1990.

But will have to say the league win at Dens in '83. Even if I would have only been 3 years old!

Post 1990 when I did start going, would probably be the last time we won at Celtic Park in 92. I have been lucky to have went to most of the important ones since.

08/12/2014 8:28 pm  #4

Barca at Camp Nou in 1987, just unthinkable now to even play there in a competitive game, let alone win.

08/12/2014 8:40 pm  #5

The game we beat Rangers 0-3 at Ibrox in December 1993 (Bowman,Connolly,Brewster).

Nobody came to Ibrox and spanked the Huns at that time but we blew them away that day.

08/12/2014 8:48 pm  #6

old trafford and the nou camp...and wembley 77 (non utd)

08/12/2014 9:11 pm  #7

For obvious reasons Dens 83, thinking of that game is the only time I wish I was a few years older. Old Trafford, Nou Camp, even the Roma semi, league cup wins are all on the list. Since I started going in 85 then I'd say the game at Parkhead in 96(I think) when McSwegan got the late winner.

08/12/2014 9:23 pm  #8

Born in 88 wish it was yeard earlier and managed to make matches throughout europe and also that memorable game at dens in 83!

have seen us kiss silver twice hope for more

08/12/2014 10:43 pm  #9

The Shed wrote:

For obvious reasons Dens 83, thinking of that game is the only time I wish I was a few years older. Old Trafford, Nou Camp, even the Roma semi, league cup wins are all on the list. Since I started going in 85 then I'd say the game at Parkhead in 96(I think) when McSwegan got the late winner.

That game was at Tannadice.

08/12/2014 10:44 pm  #10

UEFA cup semi 2nd leg.

Old Trafford in 84.

08/12/2014 11:09 pm  #11

TEK wrote:

The game we beat Rangers 0-3 at Ibrox in December 1993 (Bowman,Connolly,Brewster).

Nobody came to Ibrox and spanked the Huns at that time but we blew them away that day.

Had the highlights on tape, nearly wore it out. Enjoyed Petric giving Ian Ferguson a sore one before he got sent off for spitting at and missing Petric. All round good day out.

08/12/2014 11:13 pm  #12

shedboy wrote:

TEK wrote:

I feel very priviledged - have been at our 5 trophy wins, barca, gothenburgh (well it may never happen again), both play offs vs patrick and roma home game...at celtic park in 96 and old trafford away but have been to 9 losing finals also including stenhousemuir!

You must be one of very few who have seen all that, impressive.

I missed the Stenny game, thank fuck.

09/12/2014 12:11 am  #13

european_bob wrote:

TEK wrote:

Had the highlights on tape, nearly wore it out. Enjoyed Petric giving Ian Ferguson a sore one before he got sent off for spitting at and missing Petric. All round good day out.

I had the highlights on tape anaw.

Nearly wore oot the tape....and ma knob tbh 

09/12/2014 11:37 am  #14

Missed the Scottish Cup final in 2010 which was a killer.

However i have been to a few classics including TEK's 3-0 win at Ibrox, we battered them that day, outstanding game!

09/12/2014 1:14 pm  #15

cup final In 94, was only 1 then. play off at tanny In 96 as well would've been amazing.

09/12/2014 1:43 pm  #16

TEK wrote:

european_bob wrote:

TEK wrote:

I had the highlights on tape anaw.

Nearly wore oot the tape....and ma knob tbh 

Thank the lord we have Youtube!  Actually managed to get copies of extended highlights of many United wins over the 80's and early 90's about 10 years ago. Personal archive.

I remember that match well, my dad went but I was still at an age where he didn't want to take me because it was Ibrox basically. Git never took me to the playoff matches either.

Board footera