Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/7/2022 4:11 pm  #1

Where is the hottest place you've ever been?

This mini heatwave we are currently experience is some of the hottest weather i've ever experienced in Scotland in my 42 years on this planet.

Got me thinking though. What is the hottest weather i've ever experienced.

I think it would undoubtedly be Toronto, Canada in the Summer of 2001.

Went for a lads holiday there for 2 weeks. Every single day for days it was pushing 40°C and the humidity was genuinely sapping.

It was ok if you were in an air conditioned bar right enough, so spent a lot of time doing that. Just to hide from the Sun, you understand.😉

19/7/2022 5:28 pm  #2

Re: Where is the hottest place you've ever been?

Experienced low-mid 40s when I lived in Saskatchewan and mid-high 40s in the southern Okanagan in British Columbia. Have a house near the US border in BC and last summer it was 45. Watching the water bombers scoop water from the lake and bank up over the top of our house to dump water on the massive fire a couple of miles from us. 😳 Have experienced temperatures that felt similar in San Diego, LA and inland from Melbourne, but don't know what the actual values were.
At the other end of the scale I've been waiting for a bus at -57. So my temperature range experience covers more than 100 degrees.

20/7/2022 8:11 am  #3

Not sure what temperature was but been to Madrid a few times to watch atletico and always been really hot can hardly catch a breath at times when I was there but unbelievable city best city I have ever been to

22/7/2022 12:32 pm  #4

My backies!! High 30s low 40s fir the best part of 6 weeks. Chuck in torrential downpours on top of that and you can imagine the humidity. Hardly cools down at night either. 25-30c at midnight. Great if you're lounging around a pool in Speedos with a Pina colada but a bit keech with a shirt and breeks on heading to work (with a mask for good measure).

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

24/7/2022 11:46 am  #5

Walgett. Inland New South Wales.
45 Celsius.
Local shopowner Yung Noble's party trick was to fry an egg on pavement.
- Cooked up a treat.

Along would come a red headed Aborigine by the name George Hansen.
- Scrape up the eggs and get a feed to wash down his Brasso

Not a thing you forget .

25/7/2022 2:55 am  #6

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Walgett. Inland New South Wales.
45 Celsius.
Local shopowner Yung Noble's party trick was to fry an egg on pavement.
- Cooked up a treat.

Along would come a red headed Aborigine by the name George Hansen.
- Scrape up the eggs and get a feed to wash down his Brasso

Not a thing you forget .

Class.

45C....Now that is hot 

25/7/2022 9:29 pm  #7

Been in Seville at over 40, that’s probably hottest I’ve experienced

Been in Beijing and Thailand in very hot conditions but the humidity makes it worse

17/8/2023 3:55 pm  #8

Valley of the Kings in Egypt. Was 50° 🥵

18/8/2023 4:16 pm  #9

Arbuckles berries 28°

20/8/2023 10:10 pm  #10

I was in Palermo about 8 years ago. It hit 46 degrees. I remember thinking that the car had air conditioning, hence going for a drive might be a good idea. On the way back to Palermo both the central reservation and verge of the autostrada were in flames. At one point, I just drove into an inferno not knowing if and when I would come out.

21/8/2023 5:49 pm  #11

Macbonzo wrote:

I was in Palermo about 8 years ago. It hit 46 degrees. I remember thinking that the car had air conditioning, hence going for a drive might be a good idea. On the way back to Palermo both the central reservation and verge of the autostrada were in flames. At one point, I just drove into an inferno not knowing if and when I would come out.

Just back from BC, where I was watching the wildfires from the deck of my house - the fire was so hot that trees 40 or 50 yards from the fire's front were just exploding in flames just because of the heat. Not sure if that counts for this thread but probably around 1200 C. 
I have photos but I don't see a way to post them here.
I drove through Kelowna at 5am on Saturday morning (2 days ago) - a city around the size of Dundee, which is currently in the UK news. Many residents evacuated and one half of the city is surrounded by wildfire. It was like a nuclear winter - completely deserted, poor visibility and ash falling from the sky.
Next time you meet some right wing twat claiming that climate change is a hoax, give them a good hard rap in the pus.

Edit: Forgot to mention - the fires have been so hot that when people's houses have burned down, the ceramic toilets are gone - reduced to ash.

Last edited by Canadian Arab (22/8/2023 10:35 pm)

Board footera