Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/7/2022 1:32 pm  #1

Well off-topic!

First let me explain that when it comes to computers I am a complete dumpling. There is a book somewhere titled "Computing for Dummies" I believe it was written with me in mind....

I had a load of photos on my laptop, but they have disappeared. I read somewhere that they can be retrieved, but I haven't a clue how. In fact I don't really know if there is any truth in that claim.  Can anyone enlighten me, please?

02/7/2022 8:13 pm  #2

Re: Well off-topic!

If they were deleted from your computer, try and install Disk Drill, then get it to scan your computer.

It might be able to relocate them and let them store them on to a new device (computer to phone via USB lead).

Good luck.

03/7/2022 7:04 pm  #3

Assuming you may have simply "Deleted" them by accident, the Image Files might be listed in the Recycle Bin. The Icon / Shortcut for it should be on your Windows Desktop.

Try there 1st. If they are listed, you can simply Restore them.

04/7/2022 10:13 pm  #4

You've no doubt been told this till you're sick to the back teeth of hearing it mate but golden rules:
- Always do backups (I never get round to doing this.)
- Rename the files as you go (as distinct from having filenames a million digits long- always helps finding files in any case far less in the event of recovery.   ( I do do this one).

Good luck, all or at least some of them will be in there somewhere.

.... grrrr grumble grumble, bring back photo albums.

06/7/2022 5:51 pm  #5

Thanks to all for the replys.

Board footera