Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/6/2022 2:27 pm  #1

New Manager Thread

All media now reporting we want Jack Ross and it could be announced this week.

14/6/2022 2:33 pm  #2

Re: New Manager Thread

Happy enough. Don't think he is an outstanding manager by any stretch of the imagination but he is (probably) a safe pair of hands.

Is it right that he is a 4231 merchant? Cant say I ever watched Hibs closely enough, just from what I've read.

4231 works like a charm if you have the right players. But at the moment we'd need to recruit in at least 5 out of 10 outfield positions for that to work well.

Last edited by LarsErikKjell (14/6/2022 2:33 pm)

14/6/2022 2:59 pm  #3

I think Jack Ross would be a stunning, and brave appointment. Don't believe me? Just ask Tony Fitzpatrick.

14/6/2022 3:19 pm  #4

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I think Jack Ross would be a stunning, and brave appointment. Don't believe me? Just ask Tony Fitzpatrick.

I don’t like Tony Fitzpatrick.

14/6/2022 3:33 pm  #5

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Stunning and brave?

Mate, come on, quit the shit.

14/6/2022 3:36 pm  #6

When replacing Mellon last season we would have jumped at Ross, most of us anyway i think, so this could be a great move for both parties now.??

14/6/2022 4:05 pm  #7

Not sure if it's a thing or not but just before Robbie Nielsen went we had the owners son bigging him up on some interview and now we have Tam gone just after Tony's interview doing the same!

14/6/2022 4:30 pm  #8

Aside from recent Scotland results, Steve Clarke has a really good pedigree and record at club sides. He has taken a lot of flak recently and is on record about not wanting to raise his family in the "atmosphere" of west coast football. He could be tempted?

14/6/2022 4:34 pm  #9

Canadian Arab wrote:

Aside from recent Scotland results, Steve Clarke has a really good pedigree and record at club sides. He has taken a lot of flak recently and is on record about not wanting to raise his family in the "atmosphere" of west coast football. He could be tempted?

Lol

14/6/2022 4:47 pm  #10

Thumbs up for me if its Jack Ross, good manager who knows a bit about football and should add much needed knowledge when it comes to recruitment.

14/6/2022 5:38 pm  #11

AlonsMosely wrote:

When replacing Mellon last season we would have jumped at Ross, most of us anyway i think, so this could be a great move for both parties now.??

We’ll most of us anyway.

14/6/2022 10:00 pm  #12

Personally i'm not sold on Jack Ross at all. Far too many Hibs and Sunderland fans say the same things about him i.e. boring, negative football, and both seemed happy to see the back of him. After the past two seasons i for one cannot go anymore boring, negative football.

I'd like the club to take a breath, take stock for a few days and see who applies for the job before we make any shotgun appointments.

We are all desperate to get signings in the door, myself included. But think waiting a week to really identify a few targets would be preferable. In my opinion anyway.

14/6/2022 10:13 pm  #13

Spoke to few Hibs fans today and majority think he’ll be a good appointment and was harshly treated at Hibs.  Only one said the football was negative and boring and to be honest he expects to watch Brazil 1970 style football every week and moans like fuck at any pass that doesn’t go forward!

14/6/2022 10:35 pm  #14

Snacks94 wrote:

Spoke to few Hibs fans today and majority think he’ll be a good appointment and was harshly treated at Hibs. Only one said the football was negative and boring and to be honest he expects to watch Brazil 1970 style football every week and moans like fuck at any pass that doesn’t go forward!

Spoke to a few Hibs acquaintances too mate, and have to say it was the opposite i.e. they were all happy to see the back of him and thought the football was very dull and most said he would just defend a a 1-0 lead constantly.

Sounded a bit like Courts actually.

14/6/2022 11:07 pm  #15

Canadian Arab wrote:

That's not a silly idea.
Nonetheless think it'll be Ross.
Like the clarity we're getting from the club on this one.
P.S. - Good Luck Tam hope Rijeka works out for you. 

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (14/6/2022 11:10 pm)

15/6/2022 12:50 am  #16

From the KillieFC.com website:

Steve departs Rugby Park as a Killie legend, having twice broken our record points tally and leading the club to our highest league finish in 53 years and a place in the Europa League qualifiers.
Since joining in October 2017, Steve and his assistant Alex Dyer have led the team to back-to-back Top Six finishes but more importantly have helped restore a feeling of pride, passion and belief in Scotland’s oldest professional football club.
During his time in charge, Killie played 67 league matches, winning 34, drawing 18 and losing 15. In the League Cup, Killie won three games, drew once and lost once while in the Scottish Cup, the club won three matches, drew twice and lost twice.
Arriving when Killie were bottom of the Scottish Premiership, Steve proved to be the catalyst for a dramatic upturn in fortunes which saw the team finish in fifth place in the 2017/18 table. This season proved to be even better with the team briefly topping the table in December before ending 2018/19 in third position.

In 2019, when they finished 3rd, they won 67 points from 38 games, scored 50 and had a goal difference of +19. Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts were 4th, 5th and 6th. Killie finished 11 points behind the huns.
Clarke seems to me a more enticing option than Jack Ross, tbqh.

15/6/2022 1:17 am  #17

That win in Armenia will keep Clarke in his position as Scotland Manager until September at least.

15/6/2022 7:59 am  #18

So Scotland manager is going to leave as we are about to start a new qualifying campaign... to come to us...

Come on lads.

15/6/2022 9:00 am  #19

Who do you want, tek?

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

15/6/2022 9:16 am  #20

LarsErikKjell wrote:

So Scotland manager is going to leave as we are about to start a new qualifying campaign... to come to us...

Come on lads.

Well said.

Look guys, we all know who the new manager is going to be. It appears to be widely known.

I have a funny feeling there might just be an announcement today sometime.

15/6/2022 9:37 am  #21

AlwaysUnited wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Come on lads.

Well said.

Look guys, we all know who the new manager is going to be. It appears to be widely known.

I have a funny feeling there might just be an announcement today sometime.

This is boring. You are either someone who works for United (or is close to someone who does) in which case you should be engaging with fans through different channels, or you are a troll. Either way, it's just boring. 

15/6/2022 12:01 pm  #22

Tangy wrote:

Who do you want, tek?

It doesn't really matter who i want.

It's gonna be Jack Ross.

15/6/2022 12:36 pm  #23

Tek wrote:

Tangy wrote:

Who do you want, tek?

It's gonna be Jack Ross.

we could do worse i think

15/6/2022 2:58 pm  #24

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Come on lads.

One of the comments made by numerous international managers over the years is they miss the day-to-day interactions with their players. It's not inconceivable that Clarke feels that way, and recent criticisms have made him reconsider his future.

Not saying it's likely, LEK - just that it's not out of the question. Plus I think I'd rather we appoint Steve Clarke than Ross Jack. Just my opinion.

Edit: Jack Ross, not Ross Jack. And I'd rather have Steve Clarke than either of them!

Last edited by Canadian Arab (15/6/2022 2:59 pm)

15/6/2022 5:19 pm  #25

Tek wrote:

Tangy wrote:

Who do you want, tek?

It's gonna be Jack Ross.

Just interested. You said above your not convinced. Just curious who you want in the job.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Board footera