Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/6/2022 1:19 am  #1

Steve Clarke

Lose to Armenia on Tuesday and i think his time is up.

Been piss poor far too often in the last few big games.

12/6/2022 8:18 am  #2

Re: Steve Clarke

I honestly think our media and to some extent fans,have been hyping the players we have up way too much over the last couple of years banging on about how most of them play in the EPL etc.

Thon Adams?  Sorry just no seeing it.  McTomminay, McGinn- good, decent players but are they really Amy better than the likes of the players Ireland have at their disposal?

Hanley, has improved since he first got capped but again no better than any other team we’ll face has.  Thon Cooper fae Leeds?…

Hendry- by all accounts he’s done really well since moving to Belgium but every time I’ve seen him play, he looks like an absolute donkey.

Souttar probably our best CH but canna get a run.

Our best keeper is 40 year auld.

Robertson, Teirney and Gilmour for me are the only genuine top top players we have for me and even then Robertson seems half the player when he pulls on a Scotland top.

12/6/2022 2:13 pm  #3

The 5 at the back and him constantly playing his favourites over better players is killing us. Players like Mctominay and Cooper constantly shuffled about when they’re dog shit but because they play in England they must be good.

13/6/2022 11:34 pm  #4

After the shambles in Dublin there can be no repeat in Yerevan at all.

The perfonance on Saturday was totally unacceptable and pathetic against a side with a dreadful nations league record.

I can't think of a worse display maybe away to Kazakhstan albeit that was not under Clarke.

If Armenia do get a win and especially a comfortable win I gate to see the reaction from the support to Clarke understandable as it would be.

With the implications for Euro qualifiers by winning the group such as being seeded higher and having the back up playoffs then failure to win this Nations league group makes qualifying for Euro 2024 more difficult than it needs to be.

Especially regarding seeding for the qualifying group draw.

Last edited by ArabChris (13/6/2022 11:35 pm)

Board footera