Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/6/2022 1:38 am  #1

What colours should any 'European Strip' be?

If Utd are indeed going to issue a 3rd strip for us to play in European games. What colours would you like to see?

Any combos we've never used before you think would look good?

Or any other nod to a past strip (like we did with this seasons black and grey striped 3rd kit)?

03/6/2022 3:21 am  #2

Re: What colours should any 'European Strip' be?

Wouldn’t mind a totally blacked out kit or totally white(like the recent arsenal one). 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

03/6/2022 7:26 am  #3

We should play in Tangerine. That's what we're known for,that's what we should wear in our return to the European stage.

03/6/2022 11:52 am  #4

We aren't going to have a "European" kit so it's a moot point. The home/away/third strip will be modified for European games to comply with UEFA standards (sponsors, short colour clashes etc). We will play in tangerine wherever possible.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (03/6/2022 11:53 am)

03/6/2022 12:26 pm  #5

AlwaysUnited wrote:

We aren't going to have a "European" kit so it's a moot point. The home/away/third strip will be modified for European games to comply with UEFA standards (sponsors, short colour clashes etc). We will play in tangerine wherever possible.

Glad to hear it

03/6/2022 12:50 pm  #6

For conversation sake, I’d like to see us with tangerine, black with some green incorporated.

I saw a scarf hung up at the Jim McLean tribute with said colours and it looked good. Could be, if done properly.

03/6/2022 3:27 pm  #7

Strangely i had a dream last night Utd revealed a green, grey and black 3rd kit. Like camouflage colours.

Sounds horrendous, but in my dream it actually looked a topper.😂

03/6/2022 3:30 pm  #8

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Thanks for keeping us mere mortals abreast of all developments.

Be sure to let us know when we make our 1st Summer signing.

03/6/2022 4:21 pm  #9

The point of a kit is to make it easy for players to identify their team mates quickly and easily. I am not a fan of dark-coloured kits and I am not a fan of kits that have different colours or patterns from different angles. It reduces the effectiveness of what the kit is for.

Given many Euro games could be played under floodlights, all white, or white-black-white, would be my preferred away kit, which could be worn in Euro games. By the same token, the home top should be all tangerine, and so should the socks. White or tangerine socks are more easy to pick out when you're shielding the ball in limited space, compared with black socks.

03/6/2022 4:58 pm  #10

Should be tangerine kits when we play in Europe, that is part of our identity.

No European strips for me but don't mind a third strip for Motherwell, Hearts and Aberdeen away.

03/6/2022 6:55 pm  #11

Keep the 3rd kit from this season and actually make a load of them

Last seasons Eden Mill emblazoned shirts would be collectors items

03/6/2022 7:32 pm  #12

MockChop wrote:

Keep the 3rd kit from this season and actually make a load of them

Last seasons Eden Mill emblazoned shirts would be collectors items

I'd be in favour of that.

It's the best non-home kit we've had in years.

03/6/2022 11:43 pm  #13

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Should be tangerine kits when we play in Europe, that is part of our identity.

No European strips for me but don't mind a third strip for Motherwell, Hearts and Aberdeen away.

Isn't that just an away kit, rather than a third kit?

04/6/2022 6:12 am  #14

Yes I suppose you are correct , just the same as last year basically where we wore our white kit and grey kit randomly but wore Tangerine in the big games.

Most important part is that it's Tangerine where possible in Europe.

04/6/2022 2:25 pm  #15

Pretty sure we starred wearing the 3rd kit instead of the away kit because our record wasn't great in the away kit.

Too much commotion

Board footera