Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



29/7/2022 8:22 am  #926


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Snacks94 wrote:

Think we’ll see Middleton arrive in next day or so

You think? or you've heard? 

Edit: you heard then https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/cool.png

Last edited by LarsErikKjell (29/7/2022 8:54 am)

 

29/7/2022 8:39 am  #927


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Daily record saying we’ve agreed a fee with Newco for Glenn Middleton.

 

29/7/2022 9:19 am  #928


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Finally

A winger

Praise the lord.

 

29/7/2022 12:28 pm  #929


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Snacks94 wrote:

Think we’ll see Middleton arrive in next day or so

 
An additional to the squad in an area that should have been position one or two in our list of priorities.

Hopefully the lad can kick his career on and excite the fans.

Welcome to Tannadice young man.

 

29/7/2022 2:28 pm  #930


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Declan Glass signs a 1 year contract extension (taking him till Summer 2024).

Then immediately sent to Derry City on loan until November.

We are very light in central midfielders now. Surely McGrath incoming?

     Thread Starter
 

29/7/2022 2:53 pm  #931


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Tek wrote:

Declan Glass signs a 1 year contract extension (taking him till Summer 2024).

Then immediately sent to Derry City on loan until November.

We are very light in central midfielders now. Surely McGrath incoming?

jack Ross really hates our academy dosnt he ?
 

 

29/7/2022 2:57 pm  #932


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Puzzles me why someone who can score a goal like Declan Glass v Hibs on Boxing Day can't get a game.
It made Laurence's 50 yarder v St J look like a tappy-in.
 

 

29/7/2022 5:33 pm  #933


Re: Summer Transfer Window

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Puzzles me why someone who can score a goal like Declan Glass v Hibs on Boxing Day can't get a game.
It made Laurence's 50 yarder v St J look like a tappy-in.
 

That’s a bit of a stretch.

 

30/7/2022 12:49 am  #934


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Canadian Arab wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I know I'll get shot down for saying this, but I think it's been a BRILLIANT window so far.

The simple fact is the quality of players we have been tracking and subsequently signed were just not available earlier in the window . These guys have options to consider and are not in the least bit desperate to rush into anything.

The only way to get these players is either to offer huge wages, which we can't, or play the long game and persuade them their interests are best represented here.

The downside is they aren't in place for the start of pre season - for me that's a price worth paying.

It broke my heart to see some of the criticism of the club over the last few weeks, when in reality there have been massive efforts in the recruitment space that are now bearing fruit.

I can't wait to see which top player appears next!

You're not somebody from the club. You're either a dick from another forum trying to disrupt things here, or you're someone who can't read a room and needs to get out more. My money is on the former. You make some sensible points, as LEK pointed out, and you bury them in a a massive pile of wank designed to piss people off. Intentionally, IMO.

Away back to eastfootball, or wherever it is you come from.

 
Thats hurtful, to be honest.

I'm just a fan who expresses their opinion. No more, no less.

 

30/7/2022 1:04 am  #935


Re: Summer Transfer Window

AlwaysUnited wrote:

 
Thats hurtful, to be honest.

I'm just a fan who expresses their opinion. No more, no less.

If you're legit, I apologise.

But I don't believe you're legit. I consider myself a bit of a "happy clapper", but even the most deluded of happy clappers trying to put a positive spin on things wouldn't try and claim that a transfer window that, to the point of your post, had failed to address weaknesses we've had, and have been talking about, for years, was "BRILLIANT".

Last edited by Canadian Arab (30/7/2022 1:10 am)

 

30/7/2022 1:06 am  #936


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Hot off the press:

While you lot were in your beds, United have signed Glenn Middleton!

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7411/DUNDEE-UNITED-SIGN-GLENN-MIDDLETON.html

A real, actual winger!

Have to say, this transfer window is shaping up to be absolutely BRILLIANT!

 

30/7/2022 5:37 am  #937


Re: Summer Transfer Window

... Have to say he does talk some sense.
Shame about the 66% drivel and the 100% condescending.

 

30/7/2022 5:43 am  #938


Re: Summer Transfer Window

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I know I'll get shot down for saying this, but I think it's been a BRILLIANT window so far.

The simple fact is the quality of players we have been tracking and subsequently signed were just not available earlier in the window . These guys have options to consider and are not in the least bit desperate to rush into anything.

The only way to get these players is either to offer huge wages, which we can't, or play the long game and persuade them their interests are best represented here.

The downside is they aren't in place for the start of pre season - for me that's a price worth paying.

It broke my heart to see some of the criticism of the club over the last few weeks, when in reality there have been massive efforts in the recruitment space that are now bearing fruit.

I can't wait to see which top player appears next!

You're not somebody from the club. You're either a dick from another forum trying to disrupt things here, or you're someone who can't read a room and needs to get out more. My money is on the former. You make some sensible points, as LEK pointed out, and you bury them in a a massive pile of wank designed to piss people off. Intentionally, IMO.

Away back to eastfootball, or wherever it is you come from.

 
Thats hurtful, to be honest.

I'm just a fan who expresses their opinion. No more, no less.

 
So why the need for the condescending attitude towards other posters? And what's this bollocks about a broken heart? If reading stuff on a football message board breaks your heart then I don't think the internet is really your cup of tea do you?

 

30/7/2022 8:31 am  #939


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Canadian Arab wrote:

Hot off the press:

While you lot were in your beds, United have signed Glenn Middleton!

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7411/DUNDEE-UNITED-SIGN-GLENN-MIDDLETON.html

A real, actual winger!

Have to say, this transfer window is shaping up to be absolutely BRILLIANT!

 
Good to finally get someone in on a 3 year contract to give a bit of stability. Noticed most of these out of contract signings only commit for 2 years.

 

02/8/2022 6:28 pm  #940


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Jamie McGrath inside Tannadice tonight by all accounts, loan deal until the end of the season imminent.

 

02/8/2022 6:50 pm  #941


Re: Summer Transfer Window

So signed 2 x Australia, 1 x Welsh and 1 x Ireland internationals...

I've seen worse transfer windows


If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
 

02/8/2022 6:53 pm  #942


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Tangy wrote:

So signed 2 x Australia, 1 x Welsh and 1 x Ireland internationals...

I've seen worse transfer windows

 
Scottish International Steven Fletcher too 😉

 

02/8/2022 7:24 pm  #943


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tangy wrote:

So signed 2 x Australia, 1 x Welsh and 1 x Ireland internationals...

I've seen worse transfer windows

 
Scottish International Steven Fletcher too 😉

 
Middleton’s Scotland U-21 captain too I think.

Say what you want about Asghar, but he’s done some really good business this summer. A ball winner in the middle (Shinnie?) and we’ve got a real chance of finishing 3rd and competing for cups. Hard to imagine that it was just a few year ago we were signing boys like Lyng, Nichols and Mikkelsen.

Squad’s pretty bloated now though, don’t see where guys like Pawlett, Clark and Chalmers fit in anymore. Done a job in getting us where we are, but they’re no at the level we require now.

 

02/8/2022 7:28 pm  #944


Re: Summer Transfer Window

JerryDungle wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tangy wrote:

So signed 2 x Australia, 1 x Welsh and 1 x Ireland internationals...

I've seen worse transfer windows

 
Scottish International Steven Fletcher too 😉

 
Middleton’s Scotland U-21 captain too I think.

Say what you want about Asghar, but he’s done some really good business this summer. A ball winner in the middle (Shinnie?) and we’ve got a real chance of finishing 3rd and competing for cups. Hard to imagine that it was just a few year ago we were signing boys like Lyng, Nichols and Mikkelsen.

Squad’s pretty bloated now though, don’t see where guys like Pawlett, Clark and Chalmers fit in anymore. Done a job in getting us where we are, but they’re no at the level we require now.

 
Pawlett and Clark will still do a job for us at this level. Agree with the post though, and just shows how ridiculous some of the stuff that's been aimed at Tony Asghar actually is. Would literally be our best window ever if we can persuade Shinnie to join up too

 

02/8/2022 7:38 pm  #945


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Steven Fletcher
Dylan Levitt
Glenn Middleton
Jamie McGrath

4 signings worthy of playing for United.

Well done Tony Asghar.

 

02/8/2022 7:47 pm  #946


Re: Summer Transfer Window

As always it's better waiting until we se the scarf above the head picture before getting carried away.
Some of the absolute childish nonsense that was directed at TA and the club on this thread was an embarrassment.

 

02/8/2022 7:50 pm  #947


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Arabdownsouth wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:


 
Scottish International Steven Fletcher too 😉

 
Middleton’s Scotland U-21 captain too I think.

Say what you want about Asghar, but he’s done some really good business this summer. A ball winner in the middle (Shinnie?) and we’ve got a real chance of finishing 3rd and competing for cups. Hard to imagine that it was just a few year ago we were signing boys like Lyng, Nichols and Mikkelsen.

Squad’s pretty bloated now though, don’t see where guys like Pawlett, Clark and Chalmers fit in anymore. Done a job in getting us where we are, but they’re no at the level we require now.

 
Pawlett and Clark will still do a job for us at this level. Agree with the post though, and just shows how ridiculous some of the stuff that's been aimed at Tony Asghar actually is. Would literally be our best window ever if we can persuade Shinnie to join up too

 
We could get much better mate, Pawlett doesn’t need replacing, we’ve plenty options in the attacking midfield positions, and Pawlett would be way down the list now, especially considering he’s out till October so will be playing catch up fitness wise. Clark, we could defo upgrade on, I wouldn’t be too comfortable with the idea Clark as our starting centre forward if Fletcher gets injured.

Hearts and Aberdeen will be our competition for 3rd/4th, if we were to release Clark and Pawlett now, do you think either of they clubs would be falling over each other to try and sign them? Me neither.

 

02/8/2022 9:15 pm  #948


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Could AU have had a point.... ? 
If all signings come to fruition it's a great statement of intent.

- Albeit a fortnight too late.
- Lets wait till we see the scarf above with McGrath.   Indeed I'll no be 101% certain about Behich until I see him on bench or running on.     .. Edit ADS on other thread saying Work Permit sorted for Behich - good one.
- As for Clark, Pawlett, Chalmers.   Clark for me's a keeper, others down to TA/JR bearing in mind that Mulgrew & Fletcher will you'd think pick up injuries. 

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (02/8/2022 9:21 pm)

 

02/8/2022 10:28 pm  #949


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Ooo Ah, Jamie McGrath.
Can't find anywhere why he only played 2 games for Wigan last season, anyone know?
 

 

02/8/2022 11:01 pm  #950


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Could AU have had a point.... ? 
If all signings come to fruition it's a great statement of intent.

- Albeit a fortnight too late.
- Lets wait till we see the scarf above with McGrath.   Indeed I'll no be 101% certain about Behich until I see him on bench or running on.     .. Edit ADS on other thread saying Work Permit sorted for Behich - good one.
- As for Clark, Pawlett, Chalmers.   Clark for me's a keeper, others down to TA/JR bearing in mind that Mulgrew & Fletcher will you'd think pick up injuries. 

5'10" is pretty short for a keeper.
 

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum