Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/6/2020 12:21 am  #51

Re: Who would you want as new Manager?

Tek wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Tek, I hope this site runs on better servers than the Utd website. Canna mind it being this busy at midnight on a Sunday before 😂 cheers Robbie.

Honestly I was sitting eating my tea 6 hours ago and laughed off a text from a mate saying "Hearts want Neilson"

What a mental night. Scottish fucking football. Dundee fucking United.

Same. Seen the story about tea time and thought 'surely no?'.

All happened very very quickly. Seen a lot of things in Scottish football over the past 30+ years but this one really shocked me. Particularly as the team he's went to is the very team trying to usurp our Promotion (the promotion he delivered)!

Our season kicks off in 6 weeks time (maybe).

We currently have no First Team Manager, no Managing Director, no new signings and no new strips 😂😂

All joking aside, there's much work to do at the club starting tomorrow morning.

Time for Orgens to show us what they are made of. I have a bit of faith in that respect.

Wanted new kit out for Fathers Day but understand the priority was maybe having skint fans buy season tickets and that happened. Understand we need a new managing director but have a feeling he fucked up and was rightly punted el pronto.

Understand and like if true RN was punted the same rapid style for wanting tae speak tae Hearts for not being 100% commited.

The constant so far is that the Ogrens are committed and take nae shite.

22/6/2020 8:39 am  #52

The S*n reporting "United coaches Gordon Forrest and Lee McCulloch have yet to leave Tannadice but will follow Neilson to Tynecastle this week"

22/6/2020 8:39 am  #53

TREEFELLERS WANTED
Do you know that joke?
Couple of Irish guys, Paddy & Mick of course, looking for a job with the Forestry Commission.
Paddy sees the ad in the paper, TREEFELLERS WANTED, says to Mick, 't'at would have been perfect but there's only the two of us'.

I digress...anyway...DALY, DILLON, FLOOD.
Could be a Dream Team.

22/6/2020 8:49 am  #54

smedDUm wrote:

TREEFELLERS WANTED
Do you know that joke?
Couple of Irish guys, Paddy & Mick of course, looking for a job with the Forestry Commission.
Paddy sees the ad in the paper, TREEFELLERS WANTED, says to Mick, 't'at would have been perfect but there's only the two of us'.

Could be a Dream Team.

If they all go then I would like to see Daly back at the club as a coach. Not sure how or why he left Hearts but definitely someone I'd like to see involved.

The potential of Forrest and McCulloch leaving does open up the candidates a bit more I feel. Most managers will want to choose their own staff. Forrest and McCulloch were both chosen by Neilson.

22/6/2020 9:15 am  #55

LarsErikKjell wrote:

smedDUm wrote:

TREEFELLERS WANTED
Do you know that joke?

Could be a Dream Team.

If they all go then I would like to see Daly back at the club as a coach. Not sure how or why he left Hearts but definitely someone I'd like to see involved.

The potential of Forrest and McCulloch leaving does open up the candidates a bit more I feel. Most managers will want to choose their own staff. Forrest and McCulloch were both chosen by Neilson.

Neither of them were

22/6/2020 9:19 am  #56

Lilley01 wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

smedDUm wrote:

TREEFELLERS WANTED
Do you know that joke?

Could be a Dream Team.

Neither of them were

They were. Neilson literally interviewed Forrest.

22/6/2020 9:40 am  #57

Take Robinson from Motherwell.

Its an attractive job for someone at this time

22/6/2020 10:05 am  #58

smedDUm wrote:

I'm amazed that RN is getting written off so readily.
I think when we wake up tmrw it might hit us a bit harder.
We were on a wee journey with Robbie & Co.
Hit the buffers, the carpet's been pulled from under our feet.

Disagree, waking up this morning reminded me of Alloa in pishing rain on a Friday night. Anybody whose head can be turned so easily by the first hoor to lift her skirt was obviously the wrong fit. Hopefully we now the the Wright fit.... 

22/6/2020 10:10 am  #59

AlonsMosely wrote:

smedDUm wrote:

I'm amazed that RN is getting written off so readily.
I think when we wake up tmrw it might hit us a bit harder.
We were on a wee journey with Robbie & Co.
Hit the buffers, the carpet's been pulled from under our feet.

Disagree, waking up this morning reminded me of Alloa in pishing rain on a Friday night. Anybody whose head can be turned so easily by the first hoor to lift her skirt was obviously the wrong fit. Hopefully we now the the Wright fit.... 

I think the main point isnt about how good or bad Robbie was for us as a coach. It's the stability element that is of most concern to many expressing disappointment about this. Especially if the backroom staff go with him. Its an entire rebuild needed.

22/6/2020 11:23 am  #60

bowers wrote:

Take Robinson from Motherwell.

Its an attractive job for someone at this time

My choice too

22/6/2020 11:31 am  #61

Tobias Smollett wrote:

I think McCulloch will be our next manager.

I think he'll end up at Hearts too tbh mate. He has mentioned in one or two interviews that he prefers being behind the scenes as Coach/Assistant though. But never say never.

22/6/2020 11:46 am  #62

Tobias Smollett wrote:

I think McCulloch will be our next manager.

That wont happen

22/6/2020 11:54 am  #63

Tobias Smollett wrote:

Re:  McCulloch

He's already at the club.  He knows the players.  Plus, he happens to be on very friendly terms with our SD - who will likely have a massive influence on who becomes the next manager.

Would anyone here be completely against McCulloch getting the job?

Yeah me mate. I think he is a good coach. But he failed at Killie. Failed abroad and then came back and has been quoted numerous times now saying he wouldnt want to go back into management. So thats probably cemented in my head that I dont want him to be the manager.

On top of that, I fully expect to see him join Robbie at Hearts.

22/6/2020 12:03 pm  #64

McCulloch to Hearts, cannae see him able to work below new manager.
Forrest interim.
Hope it's Wright.
Christ knows what I'll wake up to.

22/6/2020 3:26 pm  #65

LarsErikKjell wrote:

The S*n reporting "United coaches Gordon Forrest and Lee McCulloch have yet to leave Tannadice but will follow Neilson to Tynecastle this week"

Good.

The new Manager needs his own men. 

22/6/2020 3:39 pm  #66

Was the Forrest guy not more of an Asghar signing than a Neilson one?  Is there any chance he could be elevated?  I struggle to see how anyone who is 'established' is going to want to work under Asghar.

22/6/2020 3:40 pm  #67

Finn Seemann wrote:

Was the Forrest guy not more of an Asghar signing than a Neilson one?  Is there any chance he could be elevated?  I struggle to see how anyone who is 'established' is going to want to work under Asghar.

Neilson interviewed Forrest.

22/6/2020 3:42 pm  #68

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Neilson interviewed Forrest.

OK - in which case he'll be off too.

22/6/2020 3:59 pm  #69

So the guy who has taken M'well to 3rd is going to up sticks and come to us - doubt it.

22/6/2020 4:36 pm  #70

For me it depends on these two factors: 

1/ Are we continuing the club structure (Ashgar)? 
2/ What division will we be in? 

Barry Robson, John Collins, Alan Archibald, Ian Cathro, Jon Daly. They would all work under the structure with Ashgar. 

Can't see Wright being interested with the structure nor can I see Levein coming back.  Derek Adams is a control freak.  Stuart McCall would be ok (Safe pair of hands, nothing exciting though). 

22/6/2020 4:44 pm  #71

Finn Seemann wrote:

So the guy who has taken M'well to 3rd is going to up sticks and come to us - doubt it.

As said previously its an attractive job. There has been alot of change at Tannadice since Ogren took over and imo the club is on the way up. There will be some cash to spend on players.

22/6/2020 4:54 pm  #72

UniDundee wrote:

For me it depends on these two factors: 

1/ Are we continuing the club structure (Ashgar)? 
2/ What division will we be in? 

Barry Robson, John Collins, Alan Archibald, Ian Cathro, Jon Daly. They would all work under the structure with Ashgar. 

Can't see Wright being interested with the structure nor can I see Levein coming back.  Derek Adams is a control freak.  Stuart McCall would be ok (Safe pair of hands, nothing exciting though). 

Totally agree.

Levein or Wright would (you imagine) be the type of men who would want total autonomy over all aspects of the 1st team. Would they work with (or essentially) under Asghar? Would they be able to work at a club where the Chairman/owner is not easily accessible in the same building or on the end of a telephone at anytime? 

I have my doubts.

I think it'll be a younger Manager we appoint. 

22/6/2020 5:15 pm  #73

bowers wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

As said previously its an attractive job. There has been alot of change at Tannadice since Ogren took over and imo the club is on the way up. There will be some cash to spend on players.

I don't think there is any cash to spend. 99% of clubs in Scotland are feeling the strain of this economic climate. Ogren has put in cash around £7m (stadium purchase, gussie, more staff, players), £5m of that is via a loan (see accounts). 

Last year we made huge loss £3m, would have be over £4m if it wasn't for Robertson instalment. Shankland price will have dropped as Covid as changed the transfer market, many clubs that might have been interested won't have the funds now. So technically we are overspending.  We did gamble based on going up (tick) & more away fans (X) and TV money (Semi tick) - that is why, if Hearts stay up and we go down to the championship it will be catastrophic for the club. 

We will be going through money like no tomorrow just now and really need to start to plugging the gaps plus we now have legal fees and still don't know what division we are in. As stated Ogren has put in money based on SPL football with crowds, we have no crowds and still don't know about SPL. How much does he want to put in or able to put in now. Remember he has other business interests which will be in the same boat and need his attention to. 

We asked the Foundation the other week for 100k to help the club. That will have been swallowed up now. 

22/6/2020 5:33 pm  #74

UniDundee, it's not the SPL.

I'm not in the least concerned that we won't be in the top league this coming season: Hearts know we'll be there too.

They've leaked their own document for a reason: to put pressure on the SPFL, as their aims are twofold,

They are still hoping for reconstruction, which might happen if the clubs collectively fold* to avoid having to pay compensation; alternatively a large amount of compensation will have to do.

The SPFL are failing the three member clubs, United, Raith and Cove, by not offering financial support for legal costs. But these might not come to much if a compromise, which is what Hearts are after, can be agreed.

I'm looking on the bright side, and feel some posters across forums are far too negative about the situation, almost gleefully predicting gloom and doom.

EDIT: By 'fold', I'm meaning back down on resitance to changing league structures.

Last edited by PatReilly (22/6/2020 5:35 pm)

22/6/2020 5:57 pm  #75

Tobias Smollett wrote:

Compensated for what, exactly?

It's not the other clubs' fault that Hearts spunked millions on an over-aged, over-paid squad that only managed four league wins from thirty games.  Or that a viral pandemic shut down the league early.

The SFA can, and should, be involved.  They should hammer Hearts with bringing the game into disrepute by taking other member clubs to court.

I don't want them to get compensation: they believe they've been hard done to and deserve cash for that.

Think the SFA compliance officer is involved.

Board footera