Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/3/2020 11:09 pm  #1

Lockdown

It's happened. Stay safe everyone.

23/3/2020 11:18 pm  #2

Re: Lockdown

Anyone struggling to cope with being shut in, need a chat etc, post here or drop us a PM if u like.  This is an emotional rollercoaster and it’s just starting.  I’m away up the lift to dig up the old vhs player and see if the goal and the glory video still works.

25/3/2020 11:20 am  #3

Notice that folk are having to wait 10 days for supermaket home deliveries. I know they're all recruiting delivery drivers &c ATM.

I've got a few mates that are taxi-drivers, and they're taking a huge hit just now. Basically earning Zilch. Most of them fall under this self-employed bracket.

Why not get them to deliver folks shopping for them, I dont know at say 8 quid a delivery. Keep them all working and earning something, better than phuck-all, and it would shorten the wait for home deliveries. ( there are 900 licenced Taxis in Dundee alone).

I know the insurers would have to be agreeable to this, but the is a National Emergency, and now MOTs are suspended until July, and all Police Testing of Taxi Vehicles is suspended anyhow, so come on to phuck Boris.

25/3/2020 11:38 am  #4

That's actually a very good idea Bill.

25/3/2020 11:53 am  #5

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Notice that folk are having to wait 10 days for supermaket home deliveries. I know they're all recruiting delivery drivers &c ATM.

I've got a few mates that are taxi-drivers, and they're taking a huge hit just now. Basically earning Zilch. Most of them fall under this self-employed bracket.

Why not get them to deliver folks shopping for them, I dont know at say 8 quid a delivery. Keep them all working and earning something, better than phuck-all, and it would shorten the wait for home deliveries. ( there are 900 licenced Taxis in Dundee alone).

I know the insurers would have to be agreeable to this, but the is a National Emergency, and now MOTs are suspended until July, and all Police Testing of Taxi Vehicles is suspended anyhow, so come on to phuck Boris.

Great idea.

25/3/2020 12:21 pm  #6

That idea, Bill, should be rolled out throughout the country.

Maybe you should stand for Parliament, you've got a better grasp of reality than many politicians. 

25/3/2020 2:37 pm  #7

Well if there's someone on here reading this who knows a supermarket manager or head of a big taxi company, then put it to them.

27/3/2020 1:17 pm  #9

Well BoJo has it now.

Bet he wishes he'd shut Heathrow twa month ago.

27/3/2020 3:55 pm  #10

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Well BoJo has it now.

Imagine if you'd volunteered to help the NHS, and the job allocated job is taking Johnson his tablets and transporting him to medical appointments.

However, it's got me wondering: do you think he and Chuck actually have tested positive, or it's a ploy to ensure we believe we are all really in this together. 

For if Johnson has tested as having Covid-19 symptoms, all the Tory front bench were huddled together patting backs and discussing affairs with the Speaker at the conclusion of PMQ just two days ago. It'll be interesting to see if Patel and Gove, to name but two, also self isolate.

27/3/2020 4:27 pm  #11

Hancock's got it tae.

27/3/2020 6:15 pm  #12

PatReilly wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Well BoJo has it now.

Imagine if you'd volunteered to help the NHS, and the job allocated job is taking Johnson his tablets and transporting him to medical appointments.

However, it's got me wondering: do you think he and Chuck actually have tested positive, or it's a ploy to ensure we believe we are all really in this together. 

For if Johnson has tested as having Covid-19 symptoms, all the Tory front bench were huddled together patting backs and discussing affairs with the Speaker at the conclusion of PMQ just two days ago. It'll be interesting to see if Patel and Gove, to name but two, also self isolate.

Don’t believe a word of it.  Fine excuse to stay out of sight.

27/3/2020 6:39 pm  #13

It would be easy for them to lie.

Doctor's hippocratic oath would mean that they were sworn to secrecy even if BoJo was lying about his result (assuming he even had a test).

27/3/2020 6:53 pm  #14

Tek wrote:

It would be easy for them to lie.

Doctor's hippocratic oath would mean that they were sworn to secrecy even if BoJo was lying about his result (assuming he even had a test).

They’re prob being tested every 2nd day.  Priorities and all that.  Still don’t believe he’s got it.

27/3/2020 8:03 pm  #15

Hancock and the senior medical advisor  in self isolation now...

01/6/2020 10:47 pm  #16

05/10/2020 1:45 pm  #17

Sturgeon hinting strongly that a new lockdown could be coming.
Personally I've now heard enough from the politicians.
Margaret Covid Ferrier remains in position while she should be serving time or at least slapped with a heavy fine.
My moral code and respect for others is at a far higher level than these self serving politicians.
So before you even tighten restrictions I will tell you fuck right off you hypocritical bastards.
And breathe

05/10/2020 5:02 pm  #18

I'm supposed to be away to Pitlochry for a few days with the wife and kids for a well deserved break in middle of next week. Guaranteed we'll go into lockdown and I'll have to cancel. But of course I'll still be expected to go back into the schools the following week where safety measures are basically non-existent compared to the outside world. No holidays, just go to work and sit in the house. Welcome to the new normal. Lovely stuff.

Last edited by lifesanocean (05/10/2020 5:41 pm)

Too much commotion

05/10/2020 6:03 pm  #19

lifesanocean wrote:

I'm supposed to be away to Pitlochry for a few days with the wife and kids for a well deserved break in middle of next week. Guaranteed we'll go into lockdown and I'll have to cancel. But of course I'll still be expected to go back into the schools the following week where safety measures are basically non-existent compared to the outside world. No holidays, just go to work and sit in the house. Welcome to the new normal. Lovely stuff.

Just go and come back and apologise for your error of judgement  and carry on as normal
That's the way it works I believe

06/10/2020 6:49 pm  #20

Really can’t see there being another full lock down unless deaths get to the level they were in April.

Indeed Sturgeon has ruled that out today.

Can see pubs getting closed for a couple of weeks though.  Feel so sorry for folk that own and run pubs.  Wouldn’t have an impact on me, I would usually be in a pub 2 or 3 times a year these days.

06/10/2020 10:36 pm  #21

Beharder wrote:

lifesanocean wrote:

Just go and come back and apologise for your error of judgement and carry on as normal
That's the way it works I believe

Indeed - the politicians have really screwed this up.  One world for them one world for us.  Power corrupts....

06/10/2020 10:42 pm  #22

SlatefordArab wrote:

Really can’t see there being another full lock down unless deaths get to the level they were in April.

Indeed Sturgeon has ruled that out today.

Can see pubs getting closed for a couple of weeks though. Feel so sorry for folk that own and run pubs. Wouldn’t have an impact on me, I would usually be in a pub 2 or 3 times a year these days.

We do need to worry though about who is running the show here.  Nicola seems to be denying that the leaks are true - you'd like to think they could manage this better.  I actually think Sturgeon has done an OK job generally.  However the decision to keep her on the box every day when there was really fuchs all of an issue has backfired now there actually is an issue.  People have switched off - did she never read the boy who cried wolf when she was wee?  Seems that the unis and colleges going back has been a massive trigger who'd have thought it...  Probably not those uni lecturers who's job being interviewed for TV surely can't last forever...they would never have a conflict of interest in the students going back....Governments (of all types) should have been better prepared.

07/10/2020 6:29 pm  #23

I'm dreaming of a Sh1te Christmas.

11/10/2020 9:38 am  #24

Margaret Covid Ferrier has announced she will not , I repeat not be resigning.
This is completely taking the piss out of all of us who have stuck diligently to the rules.

Sturgeon claiming that she can't force her to go.  She and her husband are the SNP and could easily turn the screw and force her out.

Because the SNP could do without the bad publicity this will all be swept under the carpet and Sturgeon appears at her lecturn
and says we MUST comply with the restrictions.

Not good enough for me but I'm sure people will continue to vote for this sort of hypocrisy.

11/10/2020 2:39 pm  #25

Beharder wrote:

Margaret Covid Ferrier has announced she will not , I repeat not be resigning.
This is completely taking the piss out of all of us who have stuck diligently to the rules.

Sturgeon claiming that she can't force her to go.  She and her husband are the SNP and could easily turn the screw and force her out.

Because the SNP could do without the bad publicity this will all be swept under the carpet and Sturgeon appears at her lecturn
and says we MUST comply with the restrictions.

Not good enough for me but I'm sure people will continue to vote for this sort of hypocrisy.

Sorry mate but that’s an incredible take on this.  You are clearly using your hatred of Sturgeon and the SNP to cloud your judgement here.

Ferrier is using the rules of good old Westminster to keep her 80k a year job.  She’s been removed from the SNP whip and has been asked to resign by Sturgeon.  To say they don’t want bad publicity over this - I think the horse has already bolted on that one.

If Leonard, Ross or anybody else was at the lecturn they’d be telling you exactly the same things re restrictions.

Last edited by SlatefordArab (11/10/2020 2:39 pm)

Board footera