Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/11/2014 12:58 am  #51

Re: 'Well V's Dundee Utd (Scottish Cup 4th Round) Sat 29th Nov 3pm

We get beat tomorrow and I'll be fucked right off.

29/11/2014 1:09 am  #52

Motherwell are beyond hopeless. We might lose now I've posted everywhere we'll piss it. AH well. We've got a semi to look forward to if that's the case.

Rado; DIllon, Souttar, Fojut, Townsend; Paton; Telfer, Armstrong; GMS, Connolly, Erskine

He'll probably play Dow but I think Erskine will hold the ball up better.

29/11/2014 6:20 am  #53

Well thats me up and raring to go

Comon utd 

29/11/2014 11:35 am  #54

1550 tickets sold for those that care with only top tier available in the shop as of 09:00 this morning. We'll fill the bottom tier at least.

29/11/2014 7:52 pm  #55

Just hame...KNACKERED.

What an exciting game and inparticular 2nd half that was.

Rado - Done everything asked of him.Had no chance with their goal which was a peach.Caught a couple of dangerous crosses when we were under pressure.Good handling. 7/10

Watson - Thought he really came on to a decent game in the 2nd half.Cracking finish for the winner.Textbook header intae the bottom corner. 7/10

Souttar - A 'coming of age' performance fae him today.Soapy was immense.His ability on the ball coming out of defence for an 18year old is outstanding.Great powerful header to equalise. 9/10

Dillon - Few shaky clearances,but all-in-all a good solid performance from our Captain. 7/10

Townsend - Competed very well.Starting to really grow on me. 7/10

Paton - Good combatitive performance 7/10

Telfer - Tried his best and had some nice touches and passes but was playing too deep for me in the 1st half 5/10

GMS - Another poor performance from him which was summed up by his awful finish straight at the keeper when 1 on 1.Not deserving of a starting jersey at the moment and seeing out his Utd career with a bit of a whimper sadly. 5/10

Armstrong - Game passed him by a bit in the 1st half and missed a sitter (though i think he was flagged very late on).2nd half much better once Butcher dropped in beside Pates.Gave him the licence to get forward and he looked strong on the ball.His 2nd 1 on 1 miss though ...dear oh dear. 6/10

Erskine - 1st half he was our best player by a mile.Decent 2nd half too but he ran out of steam a wee bit after doing a power of work.Unlucky with his 2 shots that nearly got equalisers. 7/10

Dow - Bit of an empty shirt for me tbh.NEVER a forward but that's not his fault.Did come into it a wee bit late on and a good cross for the winner.Hopefully him being the 1 uptop is something we don't see again for awhile though. 6/10

Subs -

Butcher - Really added some much needed steel.Motherwell over-ran us in midfield in the 1st half.Second half once he came on?They barely had a sniff.Excellent slide challenge to set hiself up to score,but his finishing is sadly as bad as Armstrong and GMS's when 1 on 1.Looking a very good option in Defensive midfield now though happily 8/10

Connolly - You know the highest compliment i can play this lad?I think he's every bit as good as Ryan Gauld.I watch him very carefully indeed and i am delighted to say he had a 100% pass completion once he came on.Never once gave it away and always looked dangerous.Didn't give 'Well defenders a minute when they had the ball either.A real wee buzzbomb and nuisance to play against. 7/10

Adeyemo - Only on late and i'm not sure he even touched the ball tbh.Looks to have a real bit of pace about him though judging by the balls over the top he attempted to hunt down 4/10

Great comeback win and we should really have won that 4 or 5 -1.Someone is gonna take a beasting the day we get our shooting boots on.

Wee word for our support FANTASTIC.2,661 Arabs in a crowd of 4,800 odds We had the majority of the crowd and we were very vocal and colourful today.Great day out.

Right time for a beer.

29/11/2014 8:25 pm  #56

Good account sir. 

Cheers for that TEK

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

29/11/2014 8:37 pm  #57

Cant disagree with that summary. We stood off them far too much 1st half but 2nd half we really stepped it up and showed some fight.

Agree 100% about John Souttar who was absolutely superb even without the goal. The best Ive seen him play.

Think 7/10 is low for Conner Townsend who I though was excellent covering at the back post when we were under pressure and was a real outlet 2nd half and it was his cross for the 2nd goal.

Butcher made the difference when he came on and should be a real contender to start in away games in particular.

Fir Park clubby is braw tae.

Too much commotion

29/11/2014 8:49 pm  #58

Glad Souttar played well. Maybe time to put the "he's not a defender" line that some spout to bed

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

29/11/2014 9:02 pm  #59

Just in mate

Ooooooyf what a 2nd half ;-)

29/11/2014 9:04 pm  #60

Can't believe that some people still spout that nonsense.  The guys got the potential to be the best CH we've had since Narey.  The  problem last year was Gunnings severe lack of positional sense and Souttar constantly having to cover him and do his own job.

Thought Dillon was outstanding today also, except the wee dodgy spell late on of duffed clearances.

Said in the summer it would be best all round for GMS to go then and unfortunately that's proving right, just not giving us anything right now. Shame.

That's the last 2 games we should have scored six - not the best at 1 on 1s are we?

29/11/2014 9:09 pm  #61

Somebody is going to get it from us.

Last edited by lifesanocean (29/11/2014 9:10 pm)

Too much commotion

29/11/2014 9:20 pm  #62

Wee man when he came on was electric

29/11/2014 9:22 pm  #63

The Shed wrote:

Can't believe that some people still spout that nonsense.  The guys got the potential to be the best CH we've had since Narey.  The  problem last year was Gunnings severe lack of positional sense and Souttar constantly having to cover him and do his own job.

Thought Dillon was outstanding today also, except the wee dodgy spell late on of duffed clearances.

Said in the summer it would be best all round for GMS to go then and unfortunately that's proving right, just not giving us anything right now. Shame.

That's the last 2 games we should have scored six - not the best at 1 on 1s are we?

1on1 stretch was 1on 1 and should have killed it off but the whole team persavired and woow 2-1

29/11/2014 9:34 pm  #64

lifesanocean wrote:

Think 7/10 is low for Conner Townsend who I though was excellent covering at the back post when we were under pressure and was a real outlet 2nd half and it was his cross for the 2nd goal.

You know what?I actually thought it was him who crossed it but i read in 2 different post-match reports it was Dow.

Should just trust my on eyes eh?

29/11/2014 10:44 pm  #65

Thought Armstrong had a weird performance. Some excellent stuff and then one horrific attempt of a pass and shite finishing.

Watson was pretty crap, to be honest. Souttar was a bit of a don. Notice how Sutton ended up peeling onto Dillon instead of him? Also: love the header.

29/11/2014 10:58 pm  #66

Harsh on Watson that IMO Waffelz.

Agree it was a mixed bag of a performance fae Armstrong though.

29/11/2014 11:03 pm  #67

Thought Watson was poor first half, much better 2nd tho IMO

30/11/2014 10:14 am  #68

great day

30/11/2014 11:09 am  #69

the kids are really stepping up to the mark now...souttar,connelly,spittal etc

Butcher tae...he's cementing a claim...Townsend and erskine stick ons tae

30/11/2014 11:19 am  #70

just watched the goals on the zone...watsons haider was joe jordanesque

30/11/2014 11:22 am  #71

Did you see the SSBA?

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

30/11/2014 11:55 am  #72

was just telling bugsy at the game how good dillon was after gettin the call at the 11th hour to play centre-half,a credit to the club a true professionalstretch 2nd half performance was outstanding more like the old stretch
on gms i dont think he will end up doon sooth got a sneaky feeling aboot the mutton molesters ,they do have previous

30/11/2014 12:01 pm  #73

30/11/2014 1:03 pm  #74

Where's the fanny with the drum?

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

30/11/2014 1:28 pm  #75

Lolarab wrote:

was just telling bugsy at the game how good dillon was after gettin the call at the 11th hour to play centre-half,a credit to the club a true professionalstretch 2nd half performance was outstanding more like the old stretch
on gms i dont think he will end up doon sooth got a sneaky feeling aboot the mutton molesters ,they do have previous

😜

Board footera