Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/12/2014 4:45 pm  #26

Re: charlie telfer

Still no word on the Official website but i guess the one i go on is a we bit behind others nowadays. Any other recommendations or any word otherwise?

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

09/12/2014 4:49 pm  #27

Panel consisted of Neil Doncaster,Iain Blair and Tony Higgins (who was also on the Jason Scotland panel.)

Wankers.

09/12/2014 4:51 pm  #28

We offered 80k,Huns wanted 200k = a diiference of 120k

Even if you're meeting in the middle that's only 140k.

Always ALWAYS side in the favour of the fucking scum and try and squeeze more cash for them.

09/12/2014 5:01 pm  #29

Wonder what the Club will do, appeal or accept it?

09/12/2014 5:06 pm  #30

St Obswell wrote:

Wonder what the Club will do, appeal or accept it?

Under the new rules, there are no grounds for appeal.

09/12/2014 5:24 pm  #31

We can take it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Not sure it would be worth the hassle though tbh.

Utd statement to follow soon apparently.

09/12/2014 5:35 pm  #32

204k it actually was ffs.

What a disgrace.

Telfer made ONE sub appearance for them in the 2nd division.

09/12/2014 5:35 pm  #33

CLUB STATEMENT
___________________________________________________________________________________
“Choose Your Clubs Carefully” - December 9, 2014

Dundee United Chairman Stephen Thompson today issued a warning to parents of all young Scottish players to “choose their clubs very, very carefully”.Thompson was reacting to the decision by an SPFL Tribunal that compensation of £204,000 was due to Rangers Football Club following Charlie Telfer’s decision to leave the Ibrox club for Dundee United in the summer.His decision was influenced by the fact that he had made only one substitute appearance for Rangers in a competitive match; lasting only 20 minutes in League One when victory was already assured.

However, with guidance and development received at Dundee United the player has broken through into the first team and was awarded the SPFL Young Player of the Month in a more senior league.The Dundee United Chairman said: “This judgement in our opinion will have a serious impact on the freedom of movement of some young players through no fault of their own.“Today’s decision protects clubs even in the event that those clubs are responsible for players’ careers being stifled at a critical stage in their development.“It will restrict the opportunities for some of our most promising young players to gain regular first team football and act as a deterrent to any Scottish football club which wishes to take such players on. Today’s decision is completely at odds with the stated aims of our football authorities in respect of encouraging our most promising young players to play first team football at the highest level.“It highlights the need for parents and young players to choose their clubs very, very carefully. Today’s judgement now sets a dangerous precedent that means some of our most promising young players will be deprived of the opportunity to secure a contract at a club where they have been offered a genuine first team opportunity and to improve their earnings purely because the compensation has been set at a ridiculously prohibitive level. The sum awarded to Rangers is almost seven times the amount offered to the player under the terms of his new contract with the Glasgow club.

“In recent years Dundee United has successfully developed the careers of players such as Andy Robertson, Ryan Gauld, Stuart Armstrong, Gary Mackay-Steven, Craig Conway, Paul Dixon, Johnny Russell and David Goodwillie, all of whom benefitted from regular professional coaching and first team football at Dundee United and went on to play at full international or Under 21 level for Scotland

09/12/2014 5:39 pm  #34

STV reporting it's £170,000 + VAT  = £204,000

F'kn Wankers  surely we canny let them get away with this,
corrupt Bastards the lot o'  them !

edit .....  sorry TEK,  so angry coudnay type right so made me repeat your
post about £204,000

Last edited by doontheroadarab (09/12/2014 5:50 pm)

We don't give a damn what the others say
We'll cheer on United all the way
For we are the Terrors of Tannadice

09/12/2014 5:49 pm  #35

Kinell.

Reading between the lines he was offered £600 a week to stay at Sevco, assume he's on nearly double that with us.

Corrupt as expected from the SFA, Sevco were obviously told to hold out for the compo as it would be much more than what we would ever offer.

09/12/2014 5:51 pm  #36

He'll not be on double what Sevco offered him here.

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

09/12/2014 5:52 pm  #37

Can anyone tell me the fee we had to pay for Craig Conway?

09/12/2014 5:53 pm  #38

Morgaro Gomis for that matter?

09/12/2014 5:53 pm  #39

Fucking disgusting shafted again by the corruption and bully boy system which is the scottish FA

09/12/2014 6:02 pm  #40

huntedbyafreak wrote:

He'll not be on double what Sevco offered him here.

Why not?  £1000 - £1200 wouldn't be over the top for a young first team player at United.

He's moving city, leaving home, leaving the team you support, if he was offered £600 you're not going to do that for an extra £200 a week, losing 40% of that in tax.

I wouldn't be surprised if they £170k is "coincidentally" what we're paying him over the 3 years of his contract with us, which would be £1100 a week.

09/12/2014 8:10 pm  #41

Big brother bites back, will we ever rid our society of these goat shagging union jack waving knuckle ticklers?

09/12/2014 8:13 pm  #42

ach..so fuck...its the same as we paid for scott mculloch

09/12/2014 8:47 pm  #43

Cool, didn't realise that's all he cost! along with what we shelled out for Damian Casalinouvo we've been quite lucky then 

09/12/2014 9:10 pm  #44

see the huns have changed their club statement saying we were wrong to keep banging on about them being a newco...when actually utd never mentioned it..they've now removed it

seems like they're the one's banging that drum, telling lies about utd (again) until after the decisions been made then acted like they've never said fuck all

absolute wankers

09/12/2014 9:11 pm  #45

200 grand is a huge amount of money for utd to be handing over but what ive seen of telfer the laddie is worth ever penny and for what its worth " the rangers " that dosh will keep them going for a day or 2 

09/12/2014 9:23 pm  #46

No too bothered by it TBH, think it's a decent bit of business, when you consider we got 400k for Scott Allan, who had played a bit more and for Scotland 21s it's not far off being right, and forget the vat money it's irrelevant in the long run.

09/12/2014 9:28 pm  #47

TEK wrote:

Panel consisted of Neil Doncaster,Iain Blair and Tony Higgins (who was also on the Jason Scotland panel.)

Wankers.

Tek, Tony Higgins is one of the good guys in Scottish football that I can absolutely guarantee.  Fuck knows what Doncaster knows about developing players worth tho.

09/12/2014 10:17 pm  #48

The Shed wrote:

No too bothered by it TBH, think it's a decent bit of business, when you consider we got 400k for Scott Allan, who had played a bit more and for Scotland 21s it's not far off being right, and forget the vat money it's irrelevant in the long run.

That crossed my mind as well, but Allan was with Utd for 10 years, how long was Charlie with "the rangers"?

Appreciate our board don't want to go down that line but, personally, it would've been my first point.

Anyway, the VAT shouldn't affect the net outgoing of 170k, but para 1 still fucking applies.

09/12/2014 10:31 pm  #49

arabugsy wrote:

The Shed wrote:

That crossed my mind as well, but Allan was with Utd for 10 years, how long was Charlie with "the rangers"?

Appreciate our board don't want to go down that line but, personally, it would've been my first point.

Anyway, the VAT shouldn't affect the net outgoing of 170k, but para 1 still fucking applies.

He was with a club in Glasgow for 10 years....

I get the anger of some BTW, and the 2 year argument, but at the end of the day, I think it's a decent piece of business at that price.

Key is handling him right and getting the best return from him now, maybe financially in the long run, but particularly on the park. If we don't do that then my decent piece of business argument is complete bollocks!

09/12/2014 10:41 pm  #50

He was with them two years.

They're a new club.

That is an indesputable fact.

Fucking shameful that the media+authorities kow tow round this simple fact.

We've been shafted and whether Tony Higgins is a nice guy or not that's twice he has sat on a panel that have fucked us over.

Board footera