Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/7/2014 12:34 pm  #1

IF Robertson departs..

And it is looking sadly inevitable...We need TWO left back's.

Who would you like to see us go for ?

The boy Shinnie at Caley seems to be a rated player,cannae say i see the hype tbh.

Maybe we'll go in for the boy Lenko who was on trial (as a back-up).He seemed to have a decent left peg watching the Arabzone 4 minute matches.

We have a worrying lack of left footed players in the team at the moment.Need a better balance.

23/7/2014 12:37 pm  #2

Re: IF Robertson departs..

Spittal and Dillon and watson and wilson to cover full back?

23/7/2014 12:39 pm  #3

stobievulture wrote:

Spittal and Dillon and watson and wilson to cover full back?

At a push i would play Dillon at LB mate.

And i would only expect him to be a back-up (at best).Watson inparticular is ridiculously right footed.

If Robbo exits i hope Thommo gets the cheque book out and we get 2 brand new fullbacks in as a matter of urgency.

23/7/2014 12:42 pm  #4

I'm really surprised we haven't signed even a back-up option for left back yet.

We rode our luck a lot last year at AR being fit for the whole season, and only getting suspended the once, if I have remembered that right.

23/7/2014 12:45 pm  #5

It's pretty depressing like. At least we know we'll get serious wedge for him. 

I'm not a fan of loan deals but some young English guy might be an option. I rate the boy Shinnie but he'll command a fee and Aberdeen are sniffing about as well apparently.  

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

23/7/2014 12:46 pm  #6

JonBonJovisYas wrote:

I'm really surprised we haven't signed even a back-up option for left back yet.

We rode our luck a lot last year at AR being fit for the whole season, and only getting suspended the once, if I have remembered that right.

Totally agree.

There were games ARob looked fucking knackered around March onwards.

23/7/2014 2:41 pm  #7

Shinnie's decent, would cost money tho, can't see us paying that much, even with a healthy bank balance.  There's not a lot of/any obvious replacements in Scotland.

Curtis Good can play there, although not sure Newcastle would be happy to loan him out to play LB.  Is Euan Spark not a LB, heard good things about him, but not sure if he's ready.

23/7/2014 3:01 pm  #8

Would be a masterstroke if we got 3 million for robo and curtis good back on loan for a season imho

24/7/2014 10:25 pm  #9

Done deal by the looks of it 2.75m + add ons, hopefully the replacement is lined up

24/7/2014 10:52 pm  #10

Fucking gutted.

If GMS goes next i'll be spewing.

24/7/2014 11:08 pm  #11

Got to take the positives from it, completely debt free and still got a great batch of youngsters to come. There comes a point when we can afford to turn down all bids and pay enough to keep hold of them and seriously mount a real challenge, if we keep investing further into the academy.  Think there's a couple more years of sales to come before we're there but I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

24/7/2014 11:22 pm  #12

At the moment i see no positives tbh,i WILL feel different soon,maybe even tomorrow.

I go to watch Utd put the best team out on the park we possibly can,i don't celebrate a healthy bank balance,i celebrate the team winning games and achieving success (and i am aware before anyone chips in that the latter can't happen if the former's not taken care off).

Just fucking a bit gutted aff the back of wee Gauldy going tbh.Felt we were really starting to build something special and really expected both to still be here this season (thought Armstrong might be the one to depart).

Two left backs needed ASAP please Jackie.

24/7/2014 11:28 pm  #13

Don't get me wrong, feel exactly the same, but can see we needed the albatross of debt round our neck gone for good before it really can move forward to mount a real challenge to the top of the table.

Definitely should have a good replacement lined up tho, they've known long enough this was coming.

24/7/2014 11:50 pm  #14

The Shed wrote:

Definitely should have a good replacement lined up tho, they've known long enough this was coming.

We needed a LB even if Robbo stayed.

Options remaining are

Dillon
Rankin
Spark

Spark looks quite a good prospect but is he ready for the step-up ?I suspect not.

25/7/2014 12:00 am  #15

Heard a lot of good things about Spark, only seen him once tho and that was a year ago. Probably back up this year to ?

I like Dillon, but not at LB, and Ranks while good for cover during a game if injuries happen , not for me in there full time.  I reckon Curtis Good could be the answer, depends on 1 his injury and 2 if Newcastle would be happy loaning him to play LB.

Shinnie would be a good option, but honestly think Inverness will want 500k at least, after that I don't really know who's out there.

Fuck it bring back Pedersen

25/7/2014 12:20 am  #16

Stobie was saying bring back Curtis tae.To play at LB do you mean ?

Can he play there ?

Heard he's actually still injured believe it or not.

Last edited by TEK (25/7/2014 12:22 am)

25/7/2014 12:30 am  #17

TEK wrote:

Stobie was saying bring back Curtis tae.To play at LB do you mean ?

Can he play there ?

Heard he's actually still injured believe it or not.

Yeah, he can play LB, but if Newcastle think he has a future with them at CB then can't see them going for it, firstly depends on his injury tho.

26/7/2014 6:47 pm  #18

i think lewis stevenson at hibs would be decent if we could get him, i know his form dipped in poor hibs teams of last few seasons but always felt he was a very decent player who has went bit stale at hibs due to beng played in diffrent positions 

26/7/2014 11:09 pm  #19

Linked with some boy from Celtic I've never heard of. Chalmers or something!?

26/7/2014 11:11 pm  #20

Lenko, the previous trialist also being mentioned, think as soon as Robbo deal is finalised, we'll find out the replacement pretty quick.

Board footera