Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/11/2019 10:53 pm  #51

Re: Q+A with Ronny + Paul (Dode Fox Podcast) TONIGHT!

kingdomarab wrote:

Evening boys.

Favourite United player to come from outwith the UK and Ireland?

Another beezer of a question.

I guess people are wanting me to say Ian Harkes here, huh.  Bassas!!!

I don't think I have one, so I'll giv you a few. Gordan Petric because he was unbelievable. Jimmy Gomis because he was brilliant first time round and the song. Erik Pederson because I loved him when he played for us.

Apologies to Markus Skoldmark, Armand Benneker, Tony Mols, Walter Rojas and Jean Jacques Misse Misse.

30/11/2019 10:54 pm  #52

lifesanocean wrote:

Out of all the ScottishCup finals we've lost, which one would you like to have won tbe most?

I mentioned 1991 earlier but it was my first game and looking abck and watching it back we should have won that... but how the hell did we get beat in 2014 with the team we had!?!?!?

30/11/2019 10:55 pm  #53

Any final questions for the Lads, get them in in the next 5 minutes please folks.

30/11/2019 10:55 pm  #54

All time favourite United songs? Top 3 recorded & top 3 sung?

30/11/2019 10:56 pm  #55

PatReilly wrote:

Thanks for the answers so far, Ronnie and Paul, and welcome to the forum Raphael!

I know one of you boys is into the food sold at grounds (whilst not pointing at anyone being a fat bastard). Over all the years you’ve been going to games
a) what ground served up the best fare (and what was it) and
b) what is the best thing you’ve ever had to eat at Tannadice?

I love the Dunfermline Steak Bridies and the Steak cheeseburger that I had at Stenhousemuir this season was sensational.

I tend not to buy anything at the home games but I was at hospo last year, Ayr United match (2 - 1 The Good Guys) and the cheese cake was amazing. Does that count? Dinnae get me started on the Chilli and Cheese hot dogs!!!

30/11/2019 10:57 pm  #56

Apart from Mrs McNicoll and Mrs Costello, who are your ideal celebrity women?

30/11/2019 10:57 pm  #57

Ronny, are you ever in a position to (or tempted to) voice your opinion Utd players or the manager. I'd have struggled to bite my toungue with Laszlo for sure!

Last edited by lifesanocean (30/11/2019 11:23 pm)

Too much commotion

30/11/2019 10:57 pm  #58

Tek wrote:

The Boy McNicoll wrote:

and in a freak show kinda way I'd love to see Jon Jones v Brock Lesnar.

It would be amazing, in a voyeuristic sort of a way.

A bit like when McGregor boxed Mayweather.

It would be, Tek, but it'll never happen. If it did though, I'd pick Jones to win.

30/11/2019 10:58 pm  #59

Arabnophobia wrote:

The Boy McNicoll wrote:

Arabnophobia wrote:

I've found as a lifelong Arab that it's a different experience bringing yer bairns intae our Tangerine world that's already a rollercoaster of emotions.

What's yer bairn's best game/tangerine experience since you started bringing him intae oor world?

If you had of asked me this in the Summer it would have been the St Mirren match in last seasons Scottish Cup. He loved that......as did I.

If you had of asked me before that it would have been the Irn Bru Cup Final. He loved that.

Now though, it would have to be the 6 - 2 Derby win this season. He was a flag bearer on the pitch pre-match, with the rest of his CPD Football buddies, he was then on the pitch at half time, and scored, and then we went on to win 6 - 2.  For Leo, it was a damn near perfect night.

💛 it. Lucky wee lad in so many ways experiencing all that in a Derby match at his age.

Wee spoilt erse!

30/11/2019 11:00 pm  #60

Tek wrote:

Favourite Utd goal versus Dundee?

When I read that question the first thing that jumped into my head was the Johnny Russell thunderblaster, so I'll say that one.

30/11/2019 11:01 pm  #61

The Boy McNicoll wrote:

I love the Dunfermline Steak Bridies and the Steak cheeseburger that I had at Stenhousemuir this season was sensational.

I tend not to buy anything at the home games but I was at hospo last year, Ayr United match (2 - 1 The Good Guys) and the cheese cake was amazing. Does that count? Dinnae get me started on the Chilli and Cheese hot dogs!!!

Ah, you're the food critic….  I had a great mushroom wellington in hospo at Tannadice, fantastic.

What is the most treasured bit of United memorabilia which you possess, and what is the oddest souvenir you’ve ever collected from attending games?

30/11/2019 11:05 pm  #62

Arabnophobia wrote:

Old school for me. I've always loved the "It's United" and "The Terrors of Tannadice". The Hamish song is absolutely brilliant too. We've been blessed to have they 3 associated with our club.

Favourite match chant would have to be "Please Release Me" closely followed by the Jimmy Gomis song. I'm also loving singing our Lawrence Shankland song this season as it invariably means that he's just scored again.

30/11/2019 11:06 pm  #63

I know Ronny had to nick off sharpish for work so I think he's away.

I will let Paul finish off the questions he hasn't had a chance to answer yet.

Thanks to both Lads for their hour. Some great answers.

30/11/2019 11:08 pm  #64

Tek wrote:

Celebrity woman would be Charlize Theron or possibly Sofia Vergara.

30/11/2019 11:12 pm  #65

PatReilly wrote:

The Boy McNicoll wrote:

Ah, you're the food critic….  I had a great mushroom wellington in hospo at Tannadice, fantastic.

What is the most treasured bit of United memorabilia which you possess, and what is the oddest souvenir you’ve ever collected from attending games?

I still have my old VG top but it wouldn't even fit my son now. I also still have my match ticket, as I'm sure a number of folk do, from the 1994 Cup Final. I treasure them.

I'm not sure that I have any odd memorabilia.

30/11/2019 11:18 pm  #66

lifesanocean wrote:

Ronny, are ever in a position to (or tempted to) voice your opinion Utd players or the manager. I'd have struggled to bite my toungue with Laszlo for sure!

Ronny has done a bunk so I'll do my best to channel my inner Rondo and answer this question on his behalf.

I'm sure that like all of us there will have been times when Ronny has thought "well that was fu**in shite" but he's not the sort of person to air that opinion publicly. After the Queen of the South match (the away one) Ronny was just as pissed off as I was when we recorded the podcast but he just let me say everything whilst nodding his head and laughing at the other side of the table.

From speaking to him, he doesn't shy away from venting when there is something to vent about but it's just not his style.

Hope that answers it LAO.

30/11/2019 11:19 pm  #67

Boys, well done, the love for the club shines through.
And plaudits to Tek for getting these media stars onto the forum to answer the pundits!   

30/11/2019 11:24 pm  #68

I think that's all the questions answered. Thank you very much for taking time to ask a couple of dafties a number of questions. When Tek first mooted this idea I didn't think anyone would ask anything so it's been a pleasant surprise.

Also to any of you reading this, that actually listen to the podcast, thank you very much. If no one listened, we wouldn't do it, so it means a lot that plenty of Arabs actually give us an hour, or an hour and a half, of their time each week.

Thanks again lads and thanks Tek. Big fan of this forum, even if I don't post much on it. I'm on it most days.

30/11/2019 11:34 pm  #69

Tek wrote:

If a movie was made about your lives.

Which actor would play you both?

David Hasselholf would play Paul and James Corden would play me!

30/11/2019 11:37 pm  #70

PatReilly wrote:

Thanks for the answers so far, Ronnie and Paul, and welcome to the forum Raphael!

I know one of you boys is into the food sold at grounds (whilst not pointing at anyone being a fat bastard). Over all the years you’ve been going to games
a) what ground served up the best fare (and what was it) and
b) what is the best thing you’ve ever had to eat at Tannadice?

The best food I've had at a game was at Anfield but in Scotland, I'm stuggling to see past the two steak bridies I had last season!

The original nicoll's pehs from back in the day were so greasy and sooooo good!

30/11/2019 11:39 pm  #71

Tek wrote:

Favourite Utd goal versus Dundee?

Telfer hitting number 6 will always be special, as will GMS and Butch's double... but Badgers hat-trick in his final game will take some beating!

30/11/2019 11:41 pm  #72

kingdomarab wrote:

Evening boys.

Favourite United player to come from outwith the UK and Ireland?

Petric, Pederson or Guido for me were the first names as I read the question. There will be many more and I make no apology for not mentioning Roger Boli.

30/11/2019 11:44 pm  #73

Arabnophobia wrote:

It's United will always be my favourite and it felt right re introducing it a year or so back and when fans sing it after a win at Full Time, it's that magic feeling for me!

Please Release Me will always be a favourite and Shanks is special, especially when I manage to play it quick enough after he scores. Again.

30/11/2019 11:46 pm  #74

Tek wrote:

Margot Robbie... 

01/12/2019 12:05 am  #75

PatReilly wrote:

The Boy McNicoll wrote:

Paul is def the critic... I just step in when needed!

I used to keep all my programmes and the most important one is when I was a mascot vs Hibs in 1993 I'm sure it was.

Board footera