Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/11/2019 10:23 pm  #26

Re: Q+A with Ronny + Paul (Dode Fox Podcast) TONIGHT!

Arabnophobia wrote:

What 3 United matches in the history of our club you missed for whatever reasons (too young/working etc.) do you wish you had been at the most?

1983 League win - too young!
1994 Semi Final Replay vs Aberdeen - was grounded for smashing my Mum's window as I was playing golf in the Living Room
2010 Scottish Cup Final - Working... took an extended lunch and watched it in the trades. SEEK!

30/11/2019 10:26 pm  #27

PatReilly wrote:

Good of you lads to do this.

Either or both of you: I’m thinking you might have met the Ogrens. Even if you haven’t, what are your thoughts on the guys, and how do you think they will be able to make cash out of running a football club?

I've been lucky enough to meet both of them and they are both nice guys but at the end of the day, they are businessmen looking to make some cash.

I've no doubt they have the best interests of the club at heart and will be in it for the long haul... and a certian lad that wears 24 might just give them a nice payback in the summer. 

In my opinion, being in business in the Sports Industry is two fold; you are in it to win and to make money and you need both to happen to be really successful and hopefully under the Ogren's we'll be good for it.

30/11/2019 10:27 pm  #28

Hi guys.
If the shed was ever renamed (Carling stand doesn't count), what United connection would deserve it renamed on their honour the most. Obviously Fox, McLean, Thompson, Kerr already have there spots.

30/11/2019 10:27 pm  #29

Tek wrote:

Good Evening Ronny and Paul.

What was the first Dundee Utd match you both attended?

Mines was the 1991 Cup Final! I think I mentioned it on our first ever episode actually. I won a competition on Radio Tay to go to the game. Got a Limo there, a meal somewhere then to the game.

Alan Main was fouled.

30/11/2019 10:27 pm  #30

lifesanocean wrote:

Out of all the ScottishCup finals we've lost, which one would you like to have won tbe most?

I have two, for completely different reasons. The first one would be the St Mirren Final. I believe that if we'd have won that final we'd have beat Gothenburg a few days later. The whole history of the club would have been completely rewritten and Jim McLean's statue may have been commissioned to be 20 feet tall.

The other final would be the Motherwell one. People all speak so highly of that final and it is often talked about as the greatest Scottish Cup Final ever. It pisses me off that we were the losers that day.

If you had of asked about The League Cup, I'd have said the 2008 one. The Mark bastarding Kerr game. Pass back disaster aside we should have had a penalty in that match when Cuellar clearly fouled Kalvenes in that second half and that was a time when we actually scored penalties. I was absolutely gutted after that match.

30/11/2019 10:28 pm  #31

If a movie was made about your lives.

Which actor would play you both?

30/11/2019 10:29 pm  #32

Evening boys.

Favourite United player to come from outwith the UK and Ireland?

30/11/2019 10:29 pm  #33

lifesanocean wrote:

Will you be doing any best of's as the decade ('The Bipolar Years' 😉) comes to an end??

In a word... Yes! I'm just trying to work out the best way to do it but it'll likely appear at the end of December, start of January. 

The Scottish Cup Winning XI was a huge success so a similar format would be fun.

30/11/2019 10:31 pm  #34

Tek wrote:

Any plans going forward to film the podcast?

Naebody needs to see our mugs on a Monday morning... but yes, it has been discussed... we just need a better backdrop than my kitchen. Maybe something for 2020.

30/11/2019 10:31 pm  #35

Tek wrote:

Good Evening Ronny and Paul.

What was the first Dundee Utd match you both attended?

October 16th, 1982. Dundee United 6 - 0 Greenock Morton.

My second match was December 11th, 1982. Dundee United 7 - 0 Kilmarnock.

No bad starty to MY United career.   😄

30/11/2019 10:31 pm  #36

Tek wrote:

ronnydodefoxpodcast wrote:

and my new visits to Hobbycraft

👀

Episode 22 has a lot to answer for...

30/11/2019 10:32 pm  #37

Thanks for the answers so far, Ronnie and Paul, and welcome to the forum Raphael!

I know one of you boys is into the food sold at grounds (whilst not pointing at anyone being a fat bastard). Over all the years you’ve been going to games
a) what ground served up the best fare (and what was it) and
b) what is the best thing you’ve ever had to eat at Tannadice?

30/11/2019 10:34 pm  #38

Tek wrote:

You both (like me) are big fans of the UFC as well the DUFC.

Favourite ever UFC fighter?

And what would be your ideal match-up in future?

Loved Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell. Both brilliant in their day.

Really looking forward to Khabib v Tony Ferguson and in a freak show kinda way I'd love to see Jon Jones v Brock Lesnar.

30/11/2019 10:36 pm  #39

lifesanocean wrote:

Will you be doing any best of's as the decade ('The Bipolar Years' 😉) comes to an end??

Not sure buddy. We loosely plan the episodes so that they kinda have a little bit of a structure but we haven't spoken about that yet.

In fact, Christ knows what we'll be speaking about tomorrow.

30/11/2019 10:40 pm  #40

Arabnophobia wrote:

I've found as a lifelong Arab that it's a different experience bringing yer bairns intae our Tangerine world that's already a rollercoaster of emotions.

What's yer bairn's best game/tangerine experience since you started bringing him intae oor world?

If you had of asked me this in the Summer it would have been the St Mirren match in last seasons Scottish Cup. He loved that......as did I.

If you had of asked me before that it would have been the Irn Bru Cup Final. He loved that.

Now though, it would have to be the 6 - 2 Derby win this season. He was a flag bearer on the pitch pre-match, with the rest of his CPD Football buddies, he was then on the pitch at half time, and scored, and then we went on to win 6 - 2.  For Leo, it was a damn near perfect night.

30/11/2019 10:43 pm  #41

Raphaelmeade wrote:

Would the 2 of you be up for doing the arabzone commentary for a derby ?...

Hmmmmm, no sure.

I like to be at the game with my boy and my auld man and Rondo works at the home games. Also, no sure I could trust myself not to swear if we score, are denied a clear foul, or Paul McGowan is playing.

30/11/2019 10:43 pm  #42

The Boy McNicoll wrote:

and in a freak show kinda way I'd love to see Jon Jones v Brock Lesnar.

It would be amazing, in a voyeuristic sort of a way.

A bit like when McGregor boxed Mayweather.

30/11/2019 10:45 pm  #43

Raphaelmeade wrote:

Tek wrote:

9-10pm.

Who would be tour top 3 podcast guests?

Oh this list changes frequently, if you're talking absolute dream DUFC guests for me it would be Paul Sturrock (because of how much a legend he is), Ivan Golac (I would love to hear the story of the 1993/94 season) and Craig Brewster (My absolute hero back then when I first got my season ticket).

But ask me next week and I'll probably give you 3 different names and reasons!

30/11/2019 10:46 pm  #44

The Boy McNicoll wrote:

Arabnophobia wrote:

I've found as a lifelong Arab that it's a different experience bringing yer bairns intae our Tangerine world that's already a rollercoaster of emotions.

What's yer bairn's best game/tangerine experience since you started bringing him intae oor world?

If you had of asked me this in the Summer it would have been the St Mirren match in last seasons Scottish Cup. He loved that......as did I.

If you had of asked me before that it would have been the Irn Bru Cup Final. He loved that.

Now though, it would have to be the 6 - 2 Derby win this season. He was a flag bearer on the pitch pre-match, with the rest of his CPD Football buddies, he was then on the pitch at half time, and scored, and then we went on to win 6 - 2.  For Leo, it was a damn near perfect night.

💛 it. Lucky wee lad in so many ways experiencing all that in a Derby match at his age.

30/11/2019 10:46 pm  #45

Glasgow is tangerine wrote:

Hi guys.
If the shed was ever renamed (Carling stand doesn't count), what United connection would deserve it renamed on their honour the most. Obviously Fox, McLean, Thompson, Kerr already have there spots.

Great question. Haven't a clue!

Maybe the 1983 Stand. Hmmm, that sounds a bit shite actually. One thing that I will say though, I don't think that a stand should be named after Eddie Thompson. That is nothing personal against Eddie, rest his soul, but I feel that there are far more deserving people that should have had a name on a stand before him.

Only my daft wee opinion though.

30/11/2019 10:47 pm  #46

Raphaelmeade wrote:

Would the 2 of you be up for doing the arabzone commentary for a derby ?...

Oh aye I would be well up for that, especially at Dens!

30/11/2019 10:48 pm  #47

Tek wrote:

If a movie was made about your lives.

Which actor would play you both?

Keanu Reeves would play me and Dame Edna Everidge would play Rondo,

30/11/2019 10:50 pm  #48

Tek wrote:

You both (like me) are big fans of the UFC as well the DUFC.

Favourite ever UFC fighter?

And what would be your ideal match-up in future?

I've watched UFC for about 10 years now but it's only been the last 2 or 3 years I've really got into it and having actual favourites... and right now it's Masvidal, I love the man and I would love to see him knock McGregor out. Holloway is up there as well, he's just so good. I like Khabib but can appreciate people think he's boring. And how can you look past Izzy... I'd like to see him take on Jon Jones!

30/11/2019 10:50 pm  #49

Favourite Utd goal versus Dundee?

30/11/2019 10:52 pm  #50

Glasgow is tangerine wrote:

Hi guys.

The Shed is the Shed and it should always be called that... but the ET should be renamed. Nothing against Eddie, he went all in with his United dream but there are others who deserve it more. If anything it should be names after Jim McLean with the current JMcL stand just being the Away Stand (or sponsored by something, Carling etc)

Board footera