Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/11/2019 6:54 pm  #1

Q+A with Ronny + Paul (Dode Fox Podcast) TONIGHT!

9-10pm.

30/11/2019 7:29 pm  #2

Re: Q+A with Ronny + Paul (Dode Fox Podcast) TONIGHT!

Going to see Shed 7 tonight, the shows great but and I know the guys have jobs, a wee 20 minute terrors episode on a Friday would be perfect with a shorter one on a Monday.

30/11/2019 8:28 pm  #3

I love that oor club is so much mair banter than bigotry.

I've followed United for roughly the same amount of time as you pair and had some amazing times with great Arabs at matches & on route to places near & far as fuck.

What are your memories that stand out as the best for Arab craic?

Thought I better ask early as you need time for this type of question.

30/11/2019 8:53 pm  #4

Mibbies mair for Ronnie working at Tannadice, who are the most United daft players/ex players you've met over the years?

Feel free to answer Mr McNicoll, not ruling you out bud.

Edit tae spell yer name right.

Last edited by Arabnophobia (30/11/2019 9:51 pm)

30/11/2019 9:24 pm  #5

Arabnophobia wrote:

Mibbies mair for Ronnie working at Tannadice, who are the most United daft players/ex players you've met over the years?

Evening Arabnophobia, I haven't met many players/ex players but of the few that I have I'd say that Garry Kenneth and Paul Dixon absolutely love United.

30/11/2019 9:36 pm  #6

Arabnophobia wrote:

I've followed United for roughly the same amount of time as you pair and had some amazing times with great Arabs at matches & on route to places near & far as fuck.

I'm no much of a drinker, and a bit of a boring so and so, so I tend to drive to games which cuts down on a fair amount of banter with fellow Arabs to and from games.

Going back a number of years I can remember there being a great atmosphere through at Gayfield in a Scottish Cup game. We won, although I cannae mind the score, and there were a number of songs about Josimar as we were linked with him in the papers around about the time of the match.

I also look back fondly on a derby, a midweeker, at Dens when I'm sure we won 3-2. Think Jim Lauchlan scored for us. That was the drunkest that I've ever been at a match and I've nae idea how they let me in.

Come to think of it, when I was at secondary school (1992/3ish) we played Dundee at Dens in another midweeker and me and my mates were in the TCKeay end. We won 4 - 0 that night and it sticks in my mind because of the sheer mayhem at each goal. The result of this mayhem was that one of my mates went home with only one shoe that night.

Closer to these days the Scottish Cup Final weekend of 2010 was simply sensational. I again drove through to Hampden on my own but I headed for The Shed as there were a massive amount of Arabs congregating there. Great time had by all, won the cup, drove home, and then headed straight out once I got home. An absolutely magic day and the day after wasnae bad either. A lot of alcohol was consumed that weekend.

The Rangers in the semi at the "neutral" Ibrox is also up there with one of my favourite United memories.

30/11/2019 9:52 pm  #7

What 3 United matches in the history of our club you missed for whatever reasons (too young/working etc.) do you wish you had been at the most?

30/11/2019 10:00 pm  #8

Good of you lads to do this.

Either or both of you: I’m thinking you might have met the Ogrens. Even if you haven’t, what are your thoughts on the guys, and how do you think they will be able to make cash out of running a football club?

30/11/2019 10:01 pm  #9

Good Evening Ronny and Paul.

What was the first Dundee Utd match you both attended?

30/11/2019 10:02 pm  #10

Will you be doing any best of's as the decade ('The Bipolar Years' 😉) comes to an end??

Too much commotion

30/11/2019 10:04 pm  #11

Tek wrote:

9-10pm.

Who would be tour top 3 podcast guests?

30/11/2019 10:05 pm  #12

Evening all! Looking forward to this - thanks to Tek for asking us to do it.

30/11/2019 10:06 pm  #13

Any plans going forward to film the podcast?

30/11/2019 10:07 pm  #14

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Going to see Shed 7 tonight, the shows great but and I know the guys have jobs, a wee 20 minute terrors episode on a Friday would be perfect with a shorter one on a Monday.

Hello! Thanks for the question. In an ideal world, we'd love to put out a couple of episodes with different things but work, family and my new visits to Hobbycraft when United aren't playing get in the way. We currently record at 1pm on a Sunday for the Monday episode which has been more popular than we could ever imagine so all our focus is on that at the moment... but never say never!

30/11/2019 10:09 pm  #15

Arabnophobia wrote:

What 3 United matches in the history of our club you missed for whatever reasons (too young/working etc.) do you wish you had been at the most?

Oooooft, great question.

Well, number 1 would have to be the second time we beat Barcelona in the Nou Camp. I was only ten but my old man allowed me to stay up past my bedtime to watch the match on TV. The memory of him celebrating they goals will live with me forever. My old man is usually fairly reserved when it comes to celebrating goals but that night, jeezy peeps, he went absolutely mental. What a historic night that was for our club so that would be top of my list.

Number 2 would be the match at McDiarmid when we won 3-2 to stay up that season. EVERYBODY that I have spoken to, that was there that day, speaks so fondly about it. I played amateur football at that time and was playing for the Kelso that day. When our match finished I was told that it was 2 - 0 St Johnstone. Coulda cried. Went for my shower, got changed, then headed for The Tay Bridge Bar to watch the scores coming in. When that third goal flashed up on the TV I let out a primal roar the likes of which I have never done since. Most of my mates in that team were Dees so I was celebrating on my own but I couldnae have cared less. I was happy as f u c k!!! I'd have loved to have been there though.

Number 3..........honestly cannae think of another one at this moment. My apologies for no fully answering the question.

30/11/2019 10:10 pm  #16

Tek wrote:

Any plans going forward to film the podcast?

Absolutely not. Have you seen me and Ronny? The world does not need that.

30/11/2019 10:11 pm  #17

ronnydodefoxpodcast wrote:

and my new visits to Hobbycraft

👀

30/11/2019 10:13 pm  #18

Raphaelmeade wrote:

Tek wrote:

9-10pm.

Who would be tour top 3 podcast guests?

Cannae speak for Ronny but my Top 3 would probably be:

1) Davie Narey
2) Paul Sturrock
3) Any other ex Dundee United player with a winners medal (Irn Bru Cup doesnae count)

30/11/2019 10:13 pm  #19

You both (like me) are big fans of the UFC as well the DUFC.

Favourite ever UFC fighter?

And what would be your ideal match-up in future?

30/11/2019 10:14 pm  #20

I've found as a lifelong Arab that it's a different experience bringing yer bairns intae our Tangerine world that's already a rollercoaster of emotions.

What's yer bairn's best game/tangerine experience since you started bringing him intae oor world?

30/11/2019 10:15 pm  #21

Arabnophobia wrote:

Cheers for the Question! The best bit of banter is definitely with up the road, mates before and after the game, give and take in equal measures!

The last two playoff finals (I know...) have been brilliant in terms of actual days out. I went to Hamilton on the Arctic Arab bus and you would have thought we won the World Cup given the journey home, it was exactly what was needed after the low of the full time whistle. It was a day of highs and lows that one, the journey there and back was amazing, the game honking and got the news that night my Granda had been admitted to hospital who we lost 5 days later.

St Mirren I was with the A90 and the bus back consisted of straight vodka and buckfast... dinna ask!

Apart from Cup Finals, which have played with emotions, the Ibrox game with big mad Nadz scoring is up there with one of the best days I've ever had following Utd. Absolutely Superb!

30/11/2019 10:16 pm  #22

Out of all the ScottishCup finals we've lost, which one would you like to have won tbe most?

Too much commotion

30/11/2019 10:19 pm  #23

Arabnophobia wrote:

Edit tae spell yer name right.

A lot of the legends really do have the club at heart, especially The Goalie, Heggie etc but recently and because we spent near 3 hours with him both recording and before and after but Paul Dixon is 100% an arab and is also one of the nicest guys you will meet.

I agree with Paul as well, Kenza is up there and the times I've met Sean Dillan he rarely has a bad word to say and has a right soft spot for the club.

30/11/2019 10:21 pm  #24

PatReilly wrote:

Good of you lads to do this.

Either or both of you: I’m thinking you might have met the Ogrens. Even if you haven’t, what are your thoughts on the guys, and how do you think they will be able to make cash out of running a football club?

Honestly Pat, I think it'll be difficult to make money from United. I guess their model will be to make our own players and then sell them on but that, as we all know, is easier said than done. In Scottish Football it seems like only Celtic make money *maybe Hearts too but that is due to their Fans Foundation* so I don't think that it'll be easy.

I'll qualify that by admitting that I am a complete buffoon however and The Ogrens are clearly not. They appear to be very astute business people so hopefully they have a better idea of how to do it than me.

FWIW, as long as they keep my club afloat, and fairly prosperous, as a fan, that'll do me. I want to watch a decent Dundee United team play each and every Saturday and now and again have a shot at winning something. How much the club makes or how much a particular player is worth doesn't really put me up nor down. Just put a decent team on the park and I'm happy.

30/11/2019 10:22 pm  #25

Would the 2 of you be up for doing the arabzone commentary for a derby ?...

Board footera