Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/11/2019 9:33 am  #1

Favourite DUFC Match of the 10's - Round 1/Game 4

4 numbers from 1 to 52 please.

23/11/2019 11:15 am  #2

Re: Favourite DUFC Match of the 10's - Round 1/Game 4

10,20,30,40 please

24/11/2019 1:28 am  #3

Thank you for the numbers Mockchop.

The 3rd game of Round 1 witnessed victory registered for 'Match 2' which was Rangers 0 v 2 Dundee Utd (5/2/12).

Round 1/Game 4 -

Match 1)

Rangers 3 (Boyd pen 34, Boyd pen 43, Novo 48)
Dundee Utd 3 (Shala 24, Whittaker O.G. 63, Kovacevic 80)
Sunday 14th March 2010
Attendance : 24,096
Manager - Peter Houston

V's

Match 2)

Kilmarnock 4 (Ford 20, Kyle 41, Pascali 55, Bryson 64)
Dundee Utd 4 (Buaben 16, Conway 28, Conway 33, Daly pen 66)
Saturday 30th January 2010
Attendance : 4,587
Manager - Peter Houston

V's

Match 3)

Dundee Utd 1 (S.Robertson 21)
Celtic 0
Sunday 6th May 2012
Attendance : 9,144
Manager - Peter Houston

V's

Match 4)

Dundee United 4 (Goodwillie 33, Goodwillie 44, Dow 87, Goodwillie 90)
Partick Thistle 1 (Elliot 89)
Wednesday 25th September 2013
Attendance : 3,778
Manager - Jackie McNamara 

👆 Utd v Partick footage starts - 15:50

Voting Closes Later Today (Sunday 24th November) AT 11PM
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Matches Eliminated in Round 1 -

1. Dundee Utd 5 v 1 Motherwell (26/4/14)
2. Dundee Utd 5 v 1 Kilmarnock (23/1/16)
3. Dundee Utd 3 v 2 St.Mirren (15/3/14)
4. Dundee Utd 4 v 1 Partick Thistle (23/11/13)
5. Dundee Utd 3 v 1 Aberdeen (7/3/11)
6. Dundee Utd 3 v 2 Slask Wroclaw (21/7/11)
7. Dundee Utd 3 v 0 Motherwell (27/3/10)
8. Celtic 1 Dundee Utd 1 (20/11/11)
9. St.Johnstone 1 v 5 Dundee Utd (11/2/12)

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Matches Through Round 1.

1. Rangers 2 v 3 Dundee Utd (4/4/11)
2. Motherwell 1 v 2 Dundee Utd (29/11/14)
3. Rangers 0 v 2 Dundee Utd (5/2/12)

24/11/2019 3:57 am  #4

Match 3 by a whisker over Match 1.

24/11/2019 9:25 am  #5

Match 3, it’s such a rare occurrence beating them.

24/11/2019 11:22 am  #6

Match 3 please Tek.

24/11/2019 1:07 pm  #7

Match 3. Beating them is good enough but to score when their attention-seeking cunt supporters were doing the Poznan and had their backs to us then stopped and turned around when we scored was pure gold.

Last edited by lifesanocean (24/11/2019 1:07 pm)

Too much commotion

24/11/2019 7:24 pm  #8

Match one

24/11/2019 7:43 pm  #9

Match 3. Any victory against the great unwashed is good for me.

25/11/2019 2:34 am  #10

Match 1 for me.

Rangers 3 DUFC 3 (14/3/10)

Utd had to overcome MAJOR (and i mean major) adversity in that match.

We were already without our main 2 goal scorers in David Goodwillie and Fran Sandaza (the latter only just fit enough to make the bench). So we started with Damian Casalinouvo upfront, in light of Danny Cadamarteri also being injured.

Casalinouvo then get's injured after just THREE minutes. So we are left with no other option but to bring on the much maligned Andis Shala who is our SIXTH choice Striker. So it's Daly and Shala upfront. FUCK!

24th minute the magnificent Jon Daly wins a 50/50 and plays a great through ball for Andis Shala that put's him through on Rangers goal. He then only goes and confidently strikes the ball past Allan McGregor into the corner of the Rangers net to put Utd into a shock 0-1 lead.

Fucking Hell!! 

The rest of the 1st half is fairly uneventful with Utd holding their own until in the 34th minute, when the complete cunt of a Referee that is Dougie McDonald decides 'enough is enough' and hands Rangers a penalty kick for absolutely fuck all. Dusan Pernis clearly getting a hand to the ball in his attempt to snatch the ball from the on-rushing Kenny Miller. No matter. penalty Rangers decides Mr McDonald.

Kris Boyd takes the resultant penalty, and naturally buries it.

1-1

Mr McDonald then in his infinite wisdom decides just 9 minutes later in the 43rd minute to give Rangers a nice wee chance at a half time lead and the opportunity too 'end all this nonsense about Dundee United winning today, thank you very much'. Sean Dillon was penalised for, well, challenging for the ball with Kris Boyd shoulder to shoulder.

Cunt Boyd scores his pen. Of course he does.

So from a game we have played well in and more than held our own in, we go in at the break down. Completely unjustly and everyone of a DUFC persuasion is rightfully utterly deflated (players/supporters).

Just 2 minutes into 2nd half and BOOM 3-1 Rangers. Little Rat King himself Nacho Novo shoots past Dusan after our defence dithers and the ball breaks rather fortuitously for him to lace his shot across the static Pernis and into the corner of our net.

Fucking GAME OVER.

I was watching at home that Sunday afternoon. With only my young Son for company that day. He was about 1 yr old and 3 months at that time (so just at the toddling stage).

See about 20 minutes later when wee Morgaro's deflected volley surprisingly found the net I loudly cheered and clapped my hands and yelled 'C'maaan Utd' or something similar (can't quite remember what i actually cried out, but it was something like that).

The Wee man looking at me a bit scared and bug-eyed at this weird and alien response from his Dad.

When Shala's header hit the bar and Kova headed in I admit I lost it (in a parental capacity) and absolutely ROARED the house down. As you can imagine wee Tek absolutely jumped out his skin and there were instant tears etc etc. So I spent the next minute or two rather surreally trying to soothe him and calm him down, rocking him on my shoulder, whilst simultaneously looking over his shoulder of replays of the equaliser and internally thinking 'OH fucking YES'.

I fucking loved that match. We had been no joke under Levein/Houstie for the previous 2 years. But had always came up a wee bit short in big games (sometimes just unluckily).

But that day despite all the adversity that could be flung at us we found a way to fight back and get a result for the club.

That same day i recall i wrote on Utd Mad a thread title of 'Today Means Nothing' and the resultant post was 'Unless we smash these Hun bastards in the replay' and to my surprise my fellow Arabs responded with things like 100% and 'let's fucking do them' etc.

There was a real belief growing in the team and the club again. And that we could actaully win something.

What times.

25/11/2019 8:17 am  #11

Tough one, we have very few wins against Celtic to savour so it should probably be match 3.

However, after reading TEK's very personal reflection of match 1, I thought I would share my own.

I watched that game in my living room in Auckland at 3am in pitch dark, with no sound on as the wife was asleep upstairs. The early positive start and some really good football, then McDonald steps in. The first one wasn't a penalty but trying to be fair, I could see why he gave it as it happened quite fast and Miller was in a good position. The second one, FFS, I nearly opened my back door and threw my laptop into the garden.

Second half started with the Novo goal and bad memories of the previous game at Ibrox, kept watching just in case. The Gomis goal changed everything, I kept quiet to not wake the wife, but was quietly confident as momentum was with us. The equalising goal,  either my live stream froze or it seemed to happen in slow motion, when big Kova's header hit the net I absolutely lost it. 

After that, I felt it was our year. I actually thought we would win 4-3 at Ibrox as they looked knackered add Boyd had been subbed. Couldn't watch the replay as I had to work, within minutes of the final whistle I had booked flights to Glasgow for the cup final, something just felt right

TL:DR Match 1

25/11/2019 9:36 pm  #12

Match 1.

I’d say it was my favourite ever away day.

‘name on the cup’ stuff

25/11/2019 9:38 pm  #13

you see McGregor trying to grab Kovacevic’s leg after his goal.

26/11/2019 1:42 am  #14

Match 1.

Crazy day away with a crazy away support. Memorable to say the least.

26/11/2019 12:16 pm  #15

Close one for me too.  Any result against an old firm team with Andis Shala in the team from kick off is a triumph, but it's so rare that we beat the 'tic that it's match 3 for me.

26/11/2019 3:18 pm  #16

Winner -

Match 3)
Dundee Utd 1
Celtic 0
6/5/12

Board footera