Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/11/2019 7:33 pm  #1

Favourite DUFC Match of the 10's - Round 1/Game 2

4 numbers from 1 to 60 please.

19/11/2019 7:48 pm  #2

Re: Favourite DUFC Match of the 10's - Round 1/Game 2

12, 17, 33, 48 please Tek.

20/11/2019 1:29 am  #3

Thanks for the numbers Pat.

The opening match of the tournament witnessed an easy victory registered for 'Match 1' which was Rangers 2 v 3 Dundee United (4/4/11). The match that witnessed David Goodwillie's last minute winner down at the away end of the ground. To give us yet another famous win down in Govan for the Terrors.

Round 1/Game 2 -

Match 1)

Dundee Utd 4 (GMS 2, A.Robertson 70, GMS 77, Graham 85)
Partick Thistle 1 (Muirhead pen 57)
Saturday 23rd November 2013
Attendance : 6,700
Manager - Jackie McNamara 

V's

Match 2)

Dundee United 3 (Douglas 29, Conway 33, Swanson 60)
Aberdeen 1 (Magennis 51)
Monday 7th March 2011
Attendance : 7,416
Manager - Peter Houston

V's

Match 3)

Dundee United 3 (K.Watson 2, Goodwillie 5, Daly pen 44)
Slask Wroclaw 2 (Elsner 14, Dudek 74)
Thursday 21st July 2011
Attendance - 11,306
Manager - Peter Houston

V's

Match 4)

Motherwell 1 (Ojamaa 7)
Dundee Utd 2 (J.Souttar 66, K.Watson 82)
Saturday 29th November 2014
Attendance - 4,827
Manager - Jackie McNamara

Voting Closes Later Tonight (Wednesday 20th November) at 11PM
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Matches Eliminated in Round 1 -

1. Dundee Utd 5 v 1 Motherwell (26/4/14)
2. Dundee Utd 5 v 1 Kilmarnock (23/1/16)
3. Dundee Utd 3 v 2 St.Mirren (15/3/14)
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Matches Through Round 1.

1. Rangers 2 v 3 Dundee Utd (4/4/11)

20/11/2019 9:10 am  #4

Match 2 for the Swanson goal, absolutely sublime

Slask is the one that got away, I loved Jon Daly but that last minute chance had to go in...

20/11/2019 10:09 am  #5

Apologies for not spotting this (preparing reply to JD at roughly same time as you posted, Tek):

Tek wrote:

Leave out Best Game please chaps.

We are running our own competition on the Forum regards that very topic and it would derail the discussion on there if we were all just to post on this thread.

But I don't think it will detract in any way from the competition, in fact it'll be interesting to see the variations in responses. And mind, the 'favourite' game may well be different from opinions on the 'best' game.

To this round: I enjoyed the day down at Motherwell and the win, but always take delight in beating Aberdeen, anywhere, so the evening game that was match 2 please. The Dons were, in my view, a very dirty side at that time, and that match took us into the top six where we stayed, and got stronger, as the season progressed.

20/11/2019 10:38 am  #6

Match 2 - Swanson's goal is one of my favourites and it came at the perfect time, when Aberdeen were coming back into the game.

20/11/2019 12:46 pm  #7

Really tough but has to be GAME 4. The away end that does was absolutely mental that. It wins it for that alone.

20/11/2019 6:18 pm  #8

Match 3.  European nights at Tannadice are always the best nights.

20/11/2019 7:05 pm  #9

Match 4

Great away day in the train, could've been a  proper hiding for Motherwell.

That would have been one of Watson's last games.

McNamara is a cunt.

20/11/2019 8:28 pm  #10

Was at both the Slask game and the Motherwell away in the Scottish.

Both matches had some of the best limbs I've ever been involved in.

The Slask match leaves a bad taste in the mouth (even though we won the game on the night) as we really let them off the hook. At half time we had a real stranglehold on the tie and really should have added to our goals in the 2nd half but we weirdly went into our shell until the last 5 minutes by which time we were getting desperate. They were no great shakes either and their fans were utter cunts as their actions after the match showed.

I am going for Match 4 Motherwell away at the Scottish Cup at the tail end of 2014.

We were really good on the day and only 'Well's Goalie and some really poor finishing from us saved them from taking a real hammering. The atmosphere that day was one of the best (if not they best) I have experienced in a Utd away end. Constant singing all day and the ticker tape etc made it feel like a South American game or something. 

The explosion when Watson headed that in was superb.

And Rocky that was one of Watson's last games for us. He also punted Townsend not long after. Even though both were brilliant on the day (and Townsend again was in the Tannadice victory over Celtic 3 weeks later).

McNamara played his own part in his and our own downfall. Both of these players should have remained at Utd.

20/11/2019 9:25 pm  #11

Group of death. Gauld was sensational v Partick. It was a great team performance v Motherwell especially second half. Slask was brilliant but their cunt fans smashing the lounge windows and trying to get in the Sung for a rammy after the game when I was in there put a dampner on it.

So, I'm going for a classic Houston-era performance v Aberdeen. Danny Swanson's finest hour.

Last edited by lifesanocean (20/11/2019 9:29 pm)

Too much commotion

20/11/2019 10:02 pm  #12

Thistle game. Was at hospo for it.

Otherwise it would have been the Aberdeen game for Swansons strike

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

20/11/2019 10:46 pm  #13

So many factors make voting hard. Whether you were there, what the outcome meant, how impressive we were etc.

Tough call but I will go for Well away.

If we'd beaten the Poles overall it would have been that ain especially after dain the away leg with a 24 hour cheap travel bus, plane n' train afore KO that was a killer.

Actually missed the 1st goal n' limbs at Tannadice due to late pub exit which I still regret looking at the east stand mayhem.

20/11/2019 11:09 pm  #14

lifesanocean wrote:

Group of death. Gauld was sensational v Partick. It was a great team performance v Motherwell especially second half. Slask was brilliant but their cunt fans smashing the lounge windows and trying to get in the Sung for a rammy after the game when I was in there put a dampner on it.

So, I'm going for a classic Houston-era performance v Aberdeen. Danny Swanson's finest hour.

Gauld with all 4 assists for Utd in that Partick game.

And set-up other chances.

Best young player i've ever seen at Utd. 

I really hope he doesn't regret his career when he hangs up his boots, but i have a feeling he may sadly.

20/11/2019 11:23 pm  #15

Tek wrote:

lifesanocean wrote:

I really hope he doesn't regret his career when he hangs up his boots, but i have a feeling he may sadly.

That was prob the best attacking individual performance I’ve seen from a United player.  The wee man was superb that day.

20/11/2019 11:56 pm  #16

TheShed wrote:

Tek wrote:

lifesanocean wrote:

That was prob the best attacking individual performance I’ve seen from a United player. The wee man was superb that day.

He made the game look easy.

Strolling about. Getting the ball and threading defence splitting pass after pass.

Magic wee player.

21/11/2019 12:43 am  #17

Match 4.

A great day out

21/11/2019 1:04 am  #18

Winner - 

Match 4 )
Motherwell 1
Dundee Utd 2
29/11/14