Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/11/2014 8:41 pm  #1

Charlie Miller's autobiography

Think this might be on my Santa list.

Anyone else reading it?

16/11/2014 8:46 pm  #2

Re: Charlie Miller's autobiography

May get it through time, ordered big Dunc's one the other week.

Got the Ian Rrdford one last Christmas and started to read it just before of the news he passed away and never got back into it,  proper player, real hero of mine back in the day.

16/11/2014 8:50 pm  #3

I fancy the Big Dunc one tae mate.

Don't think i could read Reddo's book the now tbh.Still gutted about his death

16/11/2014 8:52 pm  #4

If ever the world was waiting on a footballers autobiography it was Duncan Fergusons.

Hopefully all is told about everything.

16/11/2014 8:58 pm  #5

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

If ever the world was waiting on a footballers autobiography it was Duncan Fergusons.

Hopefully all is told about everything.

It is an 'unofficial' autobiography,so doubtful.

Alan Pattulo is a good writer though.

Still a BNB right enough.

16/11/2014 9:04 pm  #6

Not really into autobiographies official or unofficial. Still not read the Morrissey one despite getting it at Christmas. Don't think Charlie's one will be great. Will be a bit, "Had it all. Pished it up against the wall."

He was a very good player but there is nae danger he can write

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

16/11/2014 9:08 pm  #7

huntedbyafreak wrote:

Not really into autobiographies official or unofficial. Still not read the Morrissey one despite getting it at Christmas. Don't think Charlie's one will be great. Will be a bit, "Had it all. Pished it up against the wall."

He was a very good player but there is nae danger he can write

I just mainly want to read it for any Utd related stuff.

Nae interest in hearing any Gazza anecdotes or that.

Would quite interesting if he mentions in anyway being only the 2nd Catholic to play for Rangers though and touched on the bigotry issue (he probably won't though).

16/11/2014 9:10 pm  #8

Apparently he loves Gazza ,betted heavily when at United and used to have Super Sunday bevvy sessions with his mates at his house which was close to Simon Donnelly's and they used to go in the park and have a kick about with Donnelly to kick fuck out of him because he played for Celtic

you'll not need to buy it now.

Oh, what came of the things we once believed?

16/11/2014 10:39 pm  #9

Great player. Mind seeing him getting carried out of the Mardi Gras one night. I was standing blethering to Jim Paterson at the time. Jim didn't even bat a eyelid. Charlie would be some player in our current team. Will probs get his book. Andy McLaren's book is excellent. He accepts responsibility for everything he did wrong in his life even though the abuse he suffered probably played a big part in shaping his personality. The complete opposite of Ralph Milne's book who is in denial I'm afraid.

Too much commotion

16/11/2014 11:09 pm  #10

lifesanocean wrote:

Great player. Mind seeing him getting carried out of the Mardi Gras one night. I was standing blethering to Jim Paterson at the time. Jim didn't even bat a eyelid. Charlie would be some player in our current team. Will probs get his book. Andy McLaren's book is excellent. He accepts responsibility for everything he did wrong in his life even though the abuse he suffered probably played a big part in shaping his personality. The complete opposite of Ralph Milne's book who is in denial I'm afraid.

I enjoyed Ralphie's book but was quite dismayed that he just wanted to blame Wee Jim for the destruction of his career when,infact,it was Ralph's decision to piss it away.And his only.

16/11/2014 11:29 pm  #11

Ralph got a huge second chance with Man Utd. Ferguson clearly believed he could still recapture his old magic. If Ralphie had got himself fit and more importantly got help he would have radically changed Man Utd fans perceptions of him as a player. There was too many bevvy merchants already at Man U though, Ralph was never going to be able to resist sadly.

Last edited by lifesanocean (16/11/2014 11:29 pm)

Too much commotion

16/11/2014 11:36 pm  #12

Miller acted like a bit of a cunt during the death of Oldco. He was a good player but he wouldn't be in my top 20 all time favourite United players. 

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

16/11/2014 11:40 pm  #13

Thats because our wonderful club has been blessed with so many great players.

Too much commotion

17/11/2014 9:30 am  #14

huntedbyafreak wrote:

Miller acted like a bit of a cunt during the death of Oldco. He was a good player but he wouldn't be in my top 20 all time favourite United players. 

He stuck up for the team he supports.Whatever i think of Rangers,i have no problem with that.At least he never resorted to sticking the boot into other clubs like a few of their ex-players.

As a player for Utd i loved him.He was the main reason we stayed up in 2001.Him and Derek Lilley arriving was the injection of class a severely ailing club needed desperately.

17/11/2014 11:23 am  #15

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Got the Ian Rrdford one last Christmas and started to read it just before of the news he passed away and never got back into it, proper player, real hero of mine back in the day.

didnt know big dunc had book out mate whats it called? need to get that

17/11/2014 11:32 am  #16

TEK wrote:

Think this might be on my Santa list.

Anyone else reading it?

i am definetly gona get charlies book mate, many people say he ruined his career through drink etc but he in my opinion was an excellent player for us and is now helping kids through a coaching academy him and andy mclaren help run,to people who say he acted like a cunt in papers after rangers went bust thats bollochs he never once blamed other clubs like goram hateley gough did by blaming united, charlie simply stuck up for rangers which i have no problem with as its the club he supports

17/11/2014 12:33 pm  #17

motherwellarab wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Got the Ian Rrdford one last Christmas and started to read it just before of the news he passed away and never got back into it, proper player, real hero of mine back in the day.

didnt know big dunc had book out mate whats it called? need to get that

"In search of Duncan Ferguson, the life and crimes of a football enigma"

17/11/2014 5:11 pm  #18

Wee snippet fae Charlie's book.

He is bang-on here.How could Berti overlook him and call-up some of the dross he did like Kevin Kyle,Robbie Stockdale,Scott Dobie etc etc?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-hero-charlie-miller-better-4641247

17/11/2014 6:06 pm  #19

maybe bertie knew a bad attitude when he saw one.

17/11/2014 6:33 pm  #20

lifesanocean wrote:

McLaren's is one I have been meaning to read.

I found Milne's a frustrating read. A player before my time, but similar to many.

17/11/2014 6:46 pm  #21

Beardy23 wrote:

How could Berti possibly know the personality/attitude of a Dundee Utd player?

17/11/2014 7:36 pm  #22

TEK wrote:

Beardy23 wrote:

How could Berti possibly know the personality/attitude of a Dundee Utd player?

There are tribes in the amazon who haven't been discovered yet that know Charlie had a poor attitude.

17/11/2014 7:41 pm  #23

Bertie never capped him because he played for Dundee Utd and not some Championship fodder like Charlton or Ipswich.

The End.

17/11/2014 7:55 pm  #24

TEK wrote:

Bertie never capped him because he played for Dundee Utd and not some Championship fodder like Charlton or Ipswich.

The End.

Don't disagree, still had a poor attitude tho.  Any player who's out drinking till 6 on the morning of a game doesn't deserve any better, and he wasn't the only one at the club guilty of this.

17/11/2014 9:13 pm  #25

Judging by some opinions and everyone is entitled to one of course. Did Jim Baxter, Jimmy Johnstone, Willie Johnston, Charlie Nicholas to name but a few not deserve a cap for Scotland because they liked a drink and carried a swagger!
Anyhow to answer the question. Yes, i'll read the book, hopefully it has it's lighthearted chapters characters like Charlie normally provide

Last edited by St Obswell (17/11/2014 9:24 pm)

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

Board footera