Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/12/2019 11:59 pm  #26

Re: New United Blog

I'd forgotten a lot of that stuff, LAO, thank you.

Seeing Scott Severin getting a mention, the lad had a few injury issues but I always thought he was a decent option in the back line. And in his second season he was beginning to look more important when he was 'involved' with Jim Goodwin in his last game for us, getting a triple leg break. It was widely reported as an unfortunate accident, but I wasn't convinced.

16/12/2019 12:04 am  #27

PatReilly wrote:

Seeing Scott Severin getting a mention, the lad had a few injury issues but I always thought he was a decent option in the back line. And in his second season he was beginning to look more important when he was 'involved' with Jim Goodwin in his last game for us, getting a triple leg break. It was widely reported as an unfortunate accident, but I wasn't convinced.

Agree Pat.  Always though Goodwin done Severin in that tackle.  He had a liking for injuring our players.  Mind his forearm smash on Armstrong too.

Last edited by SlatefordArab (16/12/2019 12:04 am)

16/12/2019 1:53 am  #28

SlatefordArab wrote:

PatReilly wrote:

Agree Pat. Always though Goodwin done Severin in that tackle. He had a liking for injuring our players. Mind his forearm smash on Armstrong too.

Goodwin was just an animal.

16/12/2019 8:34 am  #29

The injury to Severin was the result of one of the worst challenges I've ever seen.
It was totally brutal & any time I see Goodwin in the media now I'm angered.
As Slateford says the **** was handy with his forearm too.
Stayed on the park for that one too. He was in with the referees if you remember.

23/12/2019 1:35 pm  #30

23/12/2019 2:22 pm  #31

Good stuff. Enjoy the schools off(jammy bassa). Four days for us teachers here.

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

23/12/2019 2:47 pm  #32

Cheers and ouch.

Too much commotion

23/12/2019 6:28 pm  #33

Enjoyed that LAO: that was the season Severin got done in right enough, and there were a few crests and troughs.

I'd maybe have made more of the pumping of old Rangers in February, but that's an indication of my petty hatreds.

Strange how much I've forgotten about the relatively recent past, your blog brings it back, cheers.

23/12/2019 7:02 pm  #34

PatReilly wrote:

Enjoyed that LAO: that was the season Severin got done in right enough, and there were a few crests and troughs.

I'd maybe have made more of the pumping of old Rangers in February, but that's an indication of my petty hatreds.

Strange how much I've forgotten about the relatively recent past, your blog brings it back, cheers.

I forgot you don't do Twitter Pat:
I'm going to do a seperate installment for the next bit, "The The Rangers Trilogy: A tale of three football clubs".

Too much commotion

25/12/2019 1:39 pm  #35

Too much commotion

25/12/2019 2:33 pm  #36

Merry Christmas to you lifesanocean, this made my day.

25/12/2019 6:16 pm  #37

What a wonderful Christmas treat LAO: thank you!

25/12/2019 11:29 pm  #38

Thanks Nemo, brilliant bud!

Only scanned through rapid & played some of the YouTube vids during family day but loving what I've caught inbetween the Xmas mayhem.

Yer style is really good, different & improving each time bud. 💛

02/2/2020 9:59 pm  #39

Too much commotion

03/2/2020 12:45 am  #40

Great read mate, spot on.

03/2/2020 2:39 am  #41

Well said LAO.

A lot to digest there (again), but I agree with 99% of that, word for word.

Only slight thing I disagree with you on is your suggestion to play Pawlett just off of Shankland. I'd have Pawlett out the first team. Everytime he comes back into the starting XI our form suffers (see also Mark Connolly).

Time for Neilson to just own up to the fact that both (add in Osman Sow) were poor signings and are simply not good enough going forward (not good enough in the here and now either imo).

Strongly agree with one thing you say though. He (Neilson) must in the days before Alloa away recognise his strongest XI and formation and fucking play it. He is tinkering again. And you know what? If he can't see that we have been poorer since about December and never made moves to improve the squad in January then any poor results that come in this 2nd half of the season as a consequence of such a thin squad are entirely on Neilson.

03/2/2020 10:00 am  #42

Agree with the general substance, and it's perplexing that we haven't freshened up the squad during the window, but to be fair, a lot of cash has been spent over the last year to help us into the position we presently hold. I don't concur with all you've written LAO, but I'll send a PM with bits and pieces.

One thing here though: Reynolds was probably rested at Palmeston due to the plastic pitch, and he may well sit out the match at Alloa.

03/2/2020 2:52 pm  #43

Great read, spot on. Cmon United get this sorted.

03/2/2020 2:56 pm  #44

PatReilly wrote:

Agree with the general substance, and it's perplexing that we haven't freshened up the squad during the window, but to be fair, a lot of cash has been spent over the last year to help us into the position we presently hold. I don't concur with all you've written LAO, but I'll send a PM with bits and pieces.

One thing here though: Reynolds was probably rested at Palmeston due to the plastic pitch, and he may well sit out the match at Alloa.

That is a pity if it’s Reynolds that gets rested as our best 2 central defenders are Reynolds and Watson.

Last edited by kdyteejay (03/2/2020 2:56 pm)

03/2/2020 3:04 pm  #45

kdyteejay wrote:

PatReilly wrote:

That is a pity if it’s Reynolds that gets rested as our best 2 central defenders are Reynolds and Watson.

Have heard a few mention that with Powers now at the club, is Watson and Butcher a stronger pairing?

Powers and Harkes centre mid.

Could work at Alloa.

03/2/2020 3:20 pm  #46

LarsErikKjell wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

PatReilly wrote:

Have heard a few mention that with Powers now at the club, is Watson and Butcher a stronger pairing?

Powers and Harkes centre mid.

Could work at Alloa.

kdyteejay, I don't agree regarding Reynolds. He struggles on plastic, as if he doesn't trust himself on it. As an aside, there are presently three plastic pitches in the top league.

LarsErikKjell, 'yes' to trying Watson and Butcher in central defence, it's unnecessary to have two holding players in midfield in this league, especially given where we are in position at the top. 

03/2/2020 3:21 pm  #47

I like it. Haven't made it to many games myself but the trend of results and team selections definitely points to Neilson trying to be clever...god knows why.

Hopefully whoever from the club looks in here has a read of this as well.

03/2/2020 4:43 pm  #48

Agree with most of the blog and the comments would be interested to see a Watson and Butcher pairing now we have powers to cover the holding midfield role.

23/2/2020 6:17 pm  #49

Too much commotion

23/2/2020 7:49 pm  #50

Aye, a terrible season, no mistake.

But that long description of the Fraser involvement in Commons' goal at Tannadice, no matter if Tom English described it like that, it's not really what I recall. I'd go as far as saying you are being very unfair on Fraser, but it's hardly worth arguing about.

But to be fair, it's mostly a season I want to forget, although I enjoyed reading about it again, thanks!

Board footera