Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/7/2019 4:53 pm  #1

New United Blog

https://madnessistangerineincolour.blogspot.com/2019/07/betfred-crap.html?m=1

Written by me. Any feedback, thoughts appreciated. Yes, its long but it wont be weekly due to too many other commitments.

Too much commotion

24/7/2019 7:23 pm  #2

Re: New United Blog

Nice one. If you could link each release on here that’d be great, looking forward to the next one.

24/7/2019 7:48 pm  #3

Nice one LAO.

24/7/2019 10:07 pm  #4

Good stuff Nemo.

Alot of really good points although as you say, hard to know if some of them are bang on when the manager isn't questioned by the media on tactics so we are left wondering if what we saw was a deviation of the manager's plan and failure of the players to follow his plan or not.

Different angle and a very detailed honest read. Lookin forward tae the next ain whilst hoping it'll be after a good result or 2 bud.

25/7/2019 10:27 am  #5

well done mate, interesting for an overseas arab to read.

One suggestion is to be more concise, it's quite a long read.

On the managers not being questioned for their lack of game plan or tactics by mainstream media, this has been a pain point of mine for many years. I think it dates back to before the internet, when journalists were given "exclusive reveals" like transfer news, in exchange for going easy on managers after a defeat. Pish. 

25/7/2019 11:23 am  #6

Wee bit downbeat considering the league's not actually started yet

25/7/2019 11:51 am  #7

kiwiarab wrote:

One suggestion is to be more concise, it's quite a long read.

Yes, and thats the beauty of it.  Gives us plenty to think about.  FFS, theres always somebody who wants to "improve" things,... LAO, keep on as you are - writing from the heart.  Well done!

25/7/2019 10:52 pm  #8

Good stuff, LAO, agree with the general gist throughout.

31/8/2019 5:36 pm  #9

Part 2 has landed. No prizes for guessing what it's about:

https://madnessistangerineincolour.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-only-way-is-up-maybe.html

Too much commotion

31/8/2019 7:18 pm  #10

Thanks for a great blog. More power to your pen......

09/10/2019 3:29 pm  #11

Probably won't win any popularity contests for this one, but it is honest at least.

https://madnessistangerineincolour.blogspot.com/2019/10/viva-espana.html

Too much commotion

09/10/2019 3:29 pm  #12

Probably won't win any popularity contests for this one, but it is honest at least.

Too much commotion

09/10/2019 4:06 pm  #13

Last post from the shedgirl here.  That blog is amazing and i agree with everything in it.  A great read.  Ive had enough of messageboards and deleted my main account and will do this.  BUT that is a quality read LAO - keep it up.  Shedrule, goodnight and god bless x

09/10/2019 4:33 pm  #14

Agree with most of that.  Stanton and to a lesser extent Harkes were abysmal.  We lost the physical battle , the number of times I've said that over the years.
Neilson brought in Butcher & Connolly players who enjoy a 50/50 we need these 2 in the usually brutal 2nd tier.

09/10/2019 8:47 pm  #15

Agree with everything in the blog. Well done.

09/10/2019 8:59 pm  #16

LocheeFleet wrote:

Last post from the shedgirl here.  That blog is amazing and i agree with everything in it.  A great read.  Ive had enough of messageboards and deleted my main account and will do this.  BUT that is a quality read LAO - keep it up.  Shedrule, goodnight and god bless x

What an utterly embarrassing response Shedboy to me and Pat having a wee lighthearted joke (and that's all it was) at your expense.

Your decision, however.🖒

09/10/2019 10:26 pm  #17

lifesanocean wrote:

Yeah, this is my take on it too. There is work to be done clearly, and a few attitudes need to change, let’s hope in a few weeks this Alloa shambles is a distant memory

09/10/2019 10:41 pm  #18

lifesanocean wrote:

Very good.

10/10/2019 9:13 am  #19

LocheeFleet wrote:

I'm hoping I've not offended you, shedboy/LF, and you are chucking message boards as you have run your course with them. And I'm sure I've not upset you (apologies if I have), as you clearly have a fine sense of humour and would have picked up on that being reciprocated by others.

Take care.

10/10/2019 9:29 am  #20

lifesanocean: I'm not really agreeing with your assessment of where the Alloa game was lost.

Midfield was poor, as you recognise, but to say " the Alloa game was lost in midfield", I'd have to say it was lost because of Robbie's defensive selection just as much, and his lack of providing support for Shankland. It was a whole team effort to lose, in my eyes.

All four of the back four were poor with the ball at their feet, and Alloa recognised this early on, letting them make an arse of it themselves by having little clue what to do when they received the ball. It didn't help that Harkes and Stanton had shockers, but Robbie should have kept Liam Smith on the right, and perhaps paired Brown and Watson centrally. Sporle could have taken up the left berth, he was brought to Scotland as a full back from the Argentinian top league.

Also saying Robbie 'had to' substitute Sporle? No he didn't, again, only my opinion, but Pawlett would have been the first man off for me, not Sporle. As for last Friday being not Robbie's fault: the buck stops with the manager. We're allowed to disagree...............

I hope the holiday is great though! 🍺 

24/11/2019 9:15 pm  #21

Too much commotion

25/11/2019 1:10 am  #22

lifesanocean wrote:

https://madnessistangerineincolour.blogspot.com/2019/11/2010-2019-bipolar-years.html

Part 1 of a series until the new year.

Entertaining read LAO.

One wee thing though. 9th January 2010 v's Partick away. It wasn't a rainy day in Glasgow. It never rained at all.

It was in fact the coldest football match I've ever attended. See that way when you exhale and you can see your breath in a wee cloud of frosty air? You could have almost reached out and snapped off your wee frosty cloud of breath that day.

It felt like Antartica on that Saturday, not Maryhill.

It was the start though. The start of something special.

25/11/2019 7:58 am  #23

Cheers, I thought I'd remembered incorrectly last night about the weather. Edited it now.

Last edited by lifesanocean (25/11/2019 10:48 am)

Too much commotion

15/12/2019 5:01 pm  #24

https://madnessistangerineincolour.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-bipolar-years-part-2-2010-till.html

Please read and comment folks. Feel free to correct me, the memory is a bit hazy.

Too much commotion

15/12/2019 10:26 pm  #25

A lot to take in there LAO. But a good read.

I agree that Webster was a huge loss. Particulary as Wilkie had also retired as you pointed out. We really should have broke the bank to keep him. You seen the influence he had even at Hearts.

AEK were nothing special btw. That shot Swanson had in Athens that went inches wide was a heartbreaker.

P.s. you need to hit the 'Enter button' more often.😜

Board footera