Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/12/2019 10:38 am  #76

Re: The Dode Fox podcast

Episode 24 is now available wherever you get your podcasts and we're joined this week by John Holt! https://soundcloud.com/dodefoxpodcast/episode-24-with-john-holt

16/12/2019 10:17 am  #77

16/12/2019 4:44 pm  #78

ronnydodefoxpodcast wrote:

Episode 25 is out now - https://soundcloud.com/dodefoxpodcast/episode-25

excellent as per Ronny. Any chance you could get someone from DUSF on to help promote their efforts in supporting the club. It would be nice to get a few more members on board. I am suggesting this as an ordinary member and I in no way speak on their behalf.

19/12/2019 3:08 pm  #79

kdyteejay wrote:

excellent as per Ronny. Any chance you could get someone from DUSF on to help promote their efforts in supporting the club. It would be nice to get a few more members on board. I am suggesting this as an ordinary member and I in no way speak on their behalf.

It's been mentioned in the past but nothing has come of it so far.

19/12/2019 9:07 pm  #80

Listened to all 25(?) so far. Some good stuff, especially the Tom Cairns(worth multi listens), 6-2, Dickers, Holty, Andy McLaren ains especially.Even the Not Siggi & Joonas.

Better downloded tae play than radio driving when workin.

The Joonas ain Ronnie did on "These are the days", is worth a listen tae.

My luggs have bled too much due to my craving for Scottish fitba/United related snippits on radio.

Looking forward to more Dodefox podcasts & other similar United related podcasts that will surely pop up in future as this type of thing grows.

19/12/2019 9:44 pm  #81

Arabnophobia wrote:

Listened to all 25(?) so far. Some good stuff, especially the Tom Cairns(worth multi listens), 6-2, Dickers, Holty, Andy McLaren ains especially.Even the Not Siggi & Joonas.

My luggs have bled too much due to my craving for Scottish fitba/United related snippits on radio.

Looking forward to more Dodefox podcasts & other similar United related podcasts that will surely pop up in future as this type of thing grows.

On the topic of United related content; Neilson was on Sportsound tonight, along with McPake and Jim Spence. Could be worth a listen.

19/12/2019 10:31 pm  #82

kingdomarab wrote:

On the topic of United related content; Neilson was on Sportsound tonight, along with McPake and Jim Spence. Could be worth a listen.

Are you sure? Just zoomed through the download, couldn't find it.

19/12/2019 10:46 pm  #83

PatReilly wrote:

kingdomarab wrote:

Sorry bud, absolutely way out on that. They are booked in for the 16th of January, the Thursday before the Scottish cup ties. I only saw a post about it earlier today regarding tickets which had sold out and just assumed it was tonight.

Kenny Miller and Stephen Craigen tonight instead, yikes.

19/12/2019 11:31 pm  #84

kingdomarab wrote:

PatReilly wrote:

kingdomarab wrote:

Sorry bud, absolutely way out on that. They are booked in for the 16th of January, the Thursday before the Scottish cup ties. I only saw a post about it earlier today regarding tickets which had sold out and just assumed it was tonight.

Kenny Miller and Stephen Craigen tonight instead, yikes.

Ended up listening to that pile of shite too but don't worry bud.

I'm more relieved that we are NOT on the radio at this point in time.

Lead is magic but the majority of us that follow United know well not to give fodder to rivals in this situation.

Shut up and do what we need to do as staff.

Be loud and support in good numbers as fans. That is all we should do right now.

20/12/2019 2:37 pm  #85

Arabnophobia wrote:

Cheers mate - much appreciated! Joonas is a top man, some story!

22/12/2019 8:45 pm  #86

kdyteejay wrote:

Evening kdyteejay. I know that Ronny has answered this query but here's my tuppence worth.

Would we have someone on from the Supporters Foundation? Of course. We'll speak to any United fans. Ronny and myself are both just fans ourselves.

One thing that I'm, personally, not wanting to do however is to be a source of division. There are so many United supporters groups out there, too many for a club our size in my opinion, and I wouldn't want to be seen to be favouring any particular one over the other ones. Even though I feel we have too many I want them all to do well. There was a lot of bickering between groups in the last few years, for whatever reason, and I'd rather not have anything to do with reigniting that as the club is in a far more positive place at present.

I feel that if we had somebody on from one of the groups we'd probably have to have someone from all the other groups on too. I've never really bothered with the politics of our club and I'd rather not start now. For one, I'm simply not all that smart or interested in it. I just want to see  my team win games of football and then chat about it. All lightheartedly of course.

Myself and Ronny noticed today that it's been a while since we had an actual "fan" guest on the podcast so we'll try and get that sorted in the next few weeks.

Anyway, as I said at the beginning, that is purely my opinion, for better or worse.

To any of you that listen to the podcast, I can honestly say that it means the world to us. We've only been doing this for 6 months but it has surpassed anything that we ever thought it would do.

Last edited by The Boy McNicoll (22/12/2019 8:47 pm)

22/12/2019 9:36 pm  #87

The Boy McNicoll wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

Evening kdyteejay. I know that Ronny has answered this query but here's my tuppence worth.

Would we have someone on from the Supporters Foundation? Of course. We'll speak to any United fans. Ronny and myself are both just fans ourselves.

One thing that I'm, personally, not wanting to do however is to be a source of division. There are so many United supporters groups out there, too many for a club our size in my opinion, and I wouldn't want to be seen to be favouring any particular one over the other ones. Even though I feel we have too many I want them all to do well. There was a lot of bickering between groups in the last few years, for whatever reason, and I'd rather not have anything to do with reigniting that as the club is in a far more positive place at present.

I feel that if we had somebody on from one of the groups we'd probably have to have someone from all the other groups on too. I've never really bothered with the politics of our club and I'd rather not start now. For one, I'm simply not all that smart or interested in it. I just want to see  my team win games of football and then chat about it. All lightheartedly of course.

Myself and Ronny noticed today that it's been a while since we had an actual "fan" guest on the podcast so we'll try and get that sorted in the next few weeks.

Anyway, as I said at the beginning, that is purely my opinion, for better or worse.

To any of you that listen to the podcast, I can honestly say that it means the world to us. We've only been doing this for 6 months but it has surpassed anything that we ever thought it would do.

Good post. Probably best keeping with the initial to current style.

As soon as I read about having a DUSF lad on I thought he will be under pressure to do a good job, almost like a party political broadcast for them & it might not maximise their progression either.

23/12/2019 6:29 pm  #88

The Boy McNicoll wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

I feel that if we had somebody on from one of the groups we'd probably have to have someone from all the other groups on too. I've never really bothered with the politics of our club and I'd rather not start now. For one, I'm simply not all that smart or interested in it. I just want to see my team win games of football and then chat about it. All lightheartedly of course.

Absolutely no problems Paul. It was just a thought but the last thing I would want would be to cause any bother among the different groups. I also agree there are far too many groups. By the way I really enjoyed today’s episode.

23/12/2019 8:56 pm  #89

Best episode so far

23/12/2019 11:29 pm  #90

Kdyteejay and SuperMario..........thank you.

It was a longer than usual episode and we're never too sure how they'll be received but, so far, this one has went down very well. That's all down to the guest though, quite clearly.

23/12/2019 11:36 pm  #91

Enjoyed episode 26 there, Mr Asghar comes over very well.

Manny Panther played for a lot of lower level clubs north and south of the border, and has run various businesses more recently. He's from Glasgow, his dad was a professional boxer. Just for information......... 

30/12/2019 10:39 pm  #92

Episode 27 listened to good again

Keep it up lads

02/1/2020 11:09 am  #93

The Boy McNicoll wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

I feel that if we had somebody on from one of the groups we'd probably have to have someone from all the other groups on too. I've never really bothered with the politics of our club and I'd rather not start now. For one, I'm simply not all that smart or interested in it. I just want to see my team win games of football and then chat about it. All lightheartedly of course.

Always up for a good blether about utd if you're scraping the bottom of the barrel ha

17/2/2020 9:47 pm  #94

Fine interview with HAMISH on latest episode #34...

https://linktr.ee/dodefoxpodcast

17/2/2020 10:16 pm  #95

Listened to it throughout the day thought it was a really good episode

18/2/2020 11:44 pm  #96

I've an affy amount of respect for him as a player, person and ambassador for the club already.
Feelings for him are through the FKN roof after listening to that.

Fae seeing him start chants fae the Shed as a wee laddie to hearing his take on the game as it currently is, it's a crackin feeling to listen and agree with his take on fitba and Dundee United past and present.

What a man! 🧡

27/4/2020 8:44 pm  #97

Evening folks, been a long time since I’ve been on any forums but seeing as I’m here now it would be remiss of me not to mention that the great Paul Sturrock was the guest on this weeks Dode Fox Podcast.

An absolute hero of mines, and probably most people on this forum, and it was a more than decent conversation with him.

If you’re into podcasts, it’s Episode 44. Well worth a listen. Cheers.

10/5/2020 9:02 pm  #98

Andy Gray on tomorrow's episode.

10/5/2020 9:32 pm  #99

The Boy McNicoll wrote:

Some run of guests. Yer in a good position now to attract mair. Love having this stuff tae listen tae and appreciate it. Cheers.

10/5/2020 10:03 pm  #100

The Boy McNicoll wrote:

Great coup!

Looking forward to this one.

Board footera