Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/7/2014 6:38 pm  #1

new season

i think we will finish 3rd behind sheep and celtic and win the league cup

20/7/2014 8:20 pm  #2

Re: new season

Would be delighted wi that.

20/7/2014 8:36 pm  #3

Would be delighted with that myself. I have a sneaky wee feeling that this season we may just see some decent results, coupled with some consistency - imagine if we hadn't had the wee lull last season over the Xmas period? The team has matured a wee bit and the additions/young guns will give us a new dimension/competition for places (jmac is not scared to drop people and use the youth if required) canny wait for the Leeds trip, then onto the new season.

20/7/2014 9:38 pm  #4

Hopeful we can push for the second spot! The SSB's look strong but will their deluded fans be now expecting the league title which might heap some pressure if results don't go their way?

Looking at ArabZONE some of the new boys look like they will add to the squad and once the two new lads settle in we should be looking to compete.

EKarab you are correct if we can be more consistent that last year then we will have a great season ahead.

20/7/2014 9:55 pm  #5

Are we actually stronger at this point i wonder ?

Good + Gunning > Fojut+Morris

Gomis+Gauld > Spittal+Telfer

Farid > Bilate

There are no certainties the guys we've signed will be any better than those who have departed.

We also have question marks over whether 2 of our top stars (GMS+Robertson) will be here come the start of the season.You could maybe say we have a wee bit more depth with the return of guys like Erskine+Moore,but again there are huge question marks over whether or not these lads are capable of ading to the first team.

I can't say at the minute i am overly confident of finishing any higher than 4th,but we shall see.

Not a defeatist post (i am always hopefull we will punch above our weight going into a new season),but i am quite realistic over our squads talent/potential.

20/7/2014 10:25 pm  #6

Your absolutely right G. However, Farid v Bilate - Farid didn't do that much so can only hope that the boy is better (looks the part!)Telfer will have a point to prove after leaving sevco so I think he will be the real deal (fat Sally beeling that he didn't take the new sevco contract!) Spittal - time will tell. The 2 new CH  - I can only hope that jmac knows what he is doing, good only had a handful of matches don't forget (he was the bollox though!) Overall, more to be upbeat about than downbeat - although let's get aboard the DUFC rollercoaster!

20/7/2014 10:50 pm  #7

..........Rado..........

Watson.....Fojut.....Dillon....Robbo

Rankin.....Paton

Amo.....Dow.....GMS (no particular order)

.........Nadir.........

Mccallum, Morris, Telfer, Connolly, Spittal, Mario and Graham bench.

Looking for a top 6 place and another good up run, Europe would be amazing.

I'll go for 3rd place, good league cup run, Connolly to breakthrough and Nadir to hit 20 goals.

20/7/2014 10:56 pm  #8

motherwellarab wrote:

i think we will finish 3rd behind sheep and celtic and win the league cup

3rd is my gut feeling just now aswell, still a bit early too say tho as I'm sure there'll be more comings and goings yet to come. IF aberdeen made group stages of europa that might well help our challenge for 2nd.

Top 6 of celtic, aberdeen, utd, well, st j, ross co.

As for winning a cup, who knows!

21/7/2014 12:33 pm  #9

What would you take as a good start over the first three games against Sheep, Motherwell and the Tic?

21/7/2014 2:58 pm  #10

Mass Debates wrote:

What would you take as a good start over the first three games against Sheep, Motherwell and the Tic?

I'd be happy with 4 points from the first 3 games. 

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

21/7/2014 3:39 pm  #11

Playing Celtic in the first few weeks of the season is the best time to get them so hopefully we can take something from them.

Motherwell & Aberdeen could go either way.

Board footera