Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/11/2014 12:09 am  #1

Mario Bilate - Torn hamstring

Is to receive a scan and will be out 'for weeks',according to Jackie.Who also revealed he's had a previous problem with his hamstrings.

Not looking like a very good signing at all unfortunately.

Leaves us with just Ciftci now.

Given that,would we not meet the criteria that would allow us to get an emergency loanee in?

That's the Scandinavian season now up (finished on Sunday).I would like to see Utd scour that market to see if there are any out of contract players to snap up who could play immediately.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/hamstring-tear-sees-mario-bilate-facing-weeks-on-the-sidelines-1.662774

05/11/2014 12:15 am  #2

Re: Mario Bilate - Torn hamstring

I always thought the emergency loan only applied to a goalkeeper TEK?

Bilate looks like a promising risk that's backfired, but tbf we've had much more good than bad luck with signings.

We deffo need another striker now though, I think we can sign any player who is out of contract that hasn't played for more than two clubs in the last 12 months, even outside the window, which would open up the Scandinavian/Irish market.

05/11/2014 12:22 am  #3

Andy wrote:

I always thought the emergency loan only applied to a goalkeeper TEK?

That is what my understanding was too,Andy.

But i could be wrong.

We need someone in badly.

I hope if we have cash available for signings (or even 1 signing) McNamara acts as soon as the January window opens,or even sooner if poss.

05/11/2014 3:03 am  #4

Billy McKay Is out of contract In the summer, either pre contract or offer ICT 350K for him and shinnie.

05/11/2014 9:34 am  #5

Everyone knew we had a striker shortage before the season started aswell 

Last edited by bowers (05/11/2014 9:35 am)

06/11/2014 4:12 pm  #6

Not overly fussed. We have been scoring without him. Erskine can play up front and we have other players capable of playing as a forward. I don't really think it suits our style anyway to have big centre forwards as we just end up lumping the ball up the park. 

I agree we needed a new striker in the summer and to be fair we did sign one. A club our size couldn't really afford to have Ciftci, Graham, Bilate and A.Nother on the books. The problem we had was that the manager hadn't planned to have a major fall-out with BG thus having to loan him out to keep harmony within the dressing room, nor that Bilate would keep getting injured. Keeping harmony amongst the stikers when we only play one up was hard enough with just three on the books.

Right now if we are looking for a stiker, there is only one place we should be looking and that's in the U/19s.

07/11/2014 1:11 am  #7

Odeyamo let's be havin yi.

20/11/2014 11:24 am  #8

News today that he will be out for a minimum of another 2 weeks.

Dissapointing,was hoping he'd be back in the squad this weekend and maybe playing against Motherwell next week.

Leaves us with very few attacking options for the Cup match.

20/11/2014 11:35 am  #9

Not ideal, needing to get the boy totally sorted as it will happen again if it's not healed right and we will need him later in the season as Nad's bookings start to add up again!

20/11/2014 11:43 am  #10

Struggling to find an answer as all other possible candidates to fill this role are either to lightweight or not quick enough to do it alone in Jackies favourite system. Here's an idea, system, hmmm,  how about he adopts a former manager's vision and go 4-6-0 

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

20/11/2014 11:48 am  #11

St Obswell wrote:

Here's an idea, system, hmmm, how about he adopts a former manager's vision and go 4-6-0

For my money we actually did do that in the last match against 'Well.

Never started with a recognised forward and Dow was rarely even in the penalty box.

20/11/2014 11:49 pm  #12

Still can't believe we don't have a recall clause with BG?

If we're going to send him out on loan in the last year of his contract with no chance of calling him back why didn't we agree to terminate his deal?

If he's desperate to leave allow him to get fixed up with Saints then say we'll not demand a fee. If he moves to them for less money then that's his choice.

Fucking bizarre deal likes.

Board footera