Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/11/2014 12:05 am  #51

Re: Motherwell V Dundee United - Friday 7th November 7.45pm

I think i would find somewhere in the team for Dillon.

He has been solid this season and done nothing to merit being dropped.

More often than not when he plays,we keep a clean sheet.

08/11/2014 12:07 am  #52

for my 500th post...all that was..was as typical a Dundee utd  performance/result, due to circumstance as you'll see lol

08/11/2014 12:18 am  #53

stobievulture wrote:

arabugsy wrote:

baldyeagle wrote:

Looked the part tonight and gave us more attacking options than we have had for weeks.

Better option than Dillo at LB, due to offensive capabilities well demonstrated when he could've notched a couple.

But is Pates any better at RB than Dillo?

got forward mair than Dillon imo

Is he any better at RB defensively and offensively?

Not a criticism of Pates, playing out of position, and, if I was to make an unique criticism of Jackie - Stretch should never be 1 of the 2.

08/11/2014 12:20 am  #54

TEK wrote:

I think i would find somewhere in the team for Dillon.

He has been solid this season and done nothing to merit being dropped.

More often than not when he plays,we keep a clean sheet.

This ^^^^, but not only this season.

08/11/2014 12:20 am  #55

Stretch shouldnae be one of the 11 at the mo.

08/11/2014 12:21 am  #56

arabugsy wrote:

stobievulture wrote:

arabugsy wrote:

Better option than Dillo at LB, due to offensive capabilities well demonstrated when he could've notched a couple.

got forward mair than Dillon imo

Is he any better at RB defensively and offensively?

Not a criticism of Pates, playing out of position, and, if I was to make an unique criticism of Jackie - Stretch should never be 1 of the 2.

agree mate...but..if the chances go in its a masterstroke

Armstrong is better coming aff the bench at the moment to add pace into a game..starting he's no in it

08/11/2014 12:37 am  #57

Big problem is, I've been touting Stretch as our best prospect for almost 5 years and for the last six months, for a variety of reasons, he's no been.

That includes tonight when he was played in his 6th least favourite position.

08/11/2014 12:42 am  #58

Compared to some stuff I've seen this season we actually played ok. Score the first goal and it's a comfortable victory. Motherwell had a 10 min spell. They scored. We didnae after creating loads of chances. A very United performance.

Frustrating . Where do we go from here?

Tannadice in a fortnight

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

08/11/2014 1:04 am  #59

Disagree 'Well had a 10 minute spell.

Thought they looked dangerous on the counter attack a few times tonight.

They rattled the inside of the post fae Ainsworth and also had a perfectly good goal chopped off fae the same player.Ojaama should also have buried that at the end.

Ultimately they were more clinical than us for all our pretty passing.

08/11/2014 2:07 am  #60

1st half we played well, 2nd half stinking.

08/11/2014 8:26 am  #61

Having slept on it my reflections are:
We played excellent stuff 1st half but unlike the Hibs game were just not clinical enough.
Having to change half the team around to try and accommodate one under-performing player who looks like he's not that interested anyway is not worth the bother.
The one and only time Souttar and Rankin let Sutton get the better of them we lost a goal.
GMS should just go in January.
We will hammer Motherwell in the cup game.

If Brian Graham had been still with us we'd have won last night. Not a popular point of view but its the truth.

Last edited by lifesanocean (08/11/2014 12:26 pm)

Too much commotion

08/11/2014 12:15 pm  #62

Never even got to see it out here got the zone for first half but couldnt second.
Sounded good first half.

Over 900 arabs there which is good for the friday night

08/11/2014 12:39 pm  #63

Andy wrote:

Really fortunate there, boy well onside.

Yep...Ainsworth was well onside and Connoly was indeed 'just' offside (when he hit the poist anyways).

Going by that, and the several other chances that Motherwell had......I would have to conclude that Motherwell were by far the more dangerous side and deserved to win the match overall.

08/11/2014 2:09 pm  #64

Didn't get home till the early hours, after stopping at Stirling for tea an toast.

How many near misses was that in the 1st half. Dowser Erskine Spittal Townsend. We should had the result in the bag. We did our best impersonation of Arsenal except in the box. Miles better by far.

Similar 2nd half Motherwell perked up bit, but more near misses by Erskine Paton Shifty and headers by Townsend. As Andy says, no doubt Septic wll be at least 10 above us by early next year.

Still canna figure out why Vigurs wasna being marked. Paton / Soapy. Anybody comment that saw it TV? Also  should've taken Dow off instead of Connolly.

Thought we thoroughly deserved at least a point out the game. Gutted if truth be told.

08/11/2014 3:28 pm  #65

lifesanocean wrote:

Having slept on it my reflections are:
We played excellent stuff 1st half but unlike the Hibs game were just not clinical enough.
Having to change half the team around to try and accommodate one under-performing player who looks like he's not that interested anyway is not worth the bother.
The one and only time Souttar and Rankin let Sutton get the better of them we lost a goal.
GMS should just go in January.
We will hammer Motherwell in the cup game.

If Brian Graham had been still with us we'd have won last night. Not a popular point of view but its the truth.

Agree with your last point sir. 

08/11/2014 3:39 pm  #66

lifesanocean wrote:

Sheer conjecture!

08/11/2014 3:59 pm  #67

Spittal should've started at RB.

08/11/2014 4:00 pm  #68

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Spittal should've started at RB.

why?

08/11/2014 5:48 pm  #69

arabugsy wrote:

baldyeagle wrote:

TEK wrote:

I thought Townsend did well btw.

Should have buried his first headed chance right enough.But kudos to him for getting in attacking positions.

Looked the part tonight and gave us more attacking options than we have had for weeks.

Based on last night Dillon would be my LB. Townsend was shocking defensively, yes he got forward but very little quality in his final ball.  Hopefully it was a one off.

08/11/2014 8:35 pm  #70

I think and now this is me thinking but jac mac is putting together a team for next season when the 2 hunz are back i think we have a great squad but it looks like he is trying to suss them all out...probably wrong but hope to fuk im spot on 

08/11/2014 9:21 pm  #71

seggyboy73 wrote:

I think and now this is me thinking but jac mac is putting together a team for next season when the 2 hunz are back i think we have a great squad but it looks like he is trying to suss them all out...probably wrong but hope to fuk im spot on

Thats a fair shout GMS wont be here. I'd be amazed if Armstrong or Ciftci were here either. 

We should be targetting 2nd though. I know some folk seem to think that Celtic are there for the taking but thats nonsense talk. Read elsewhere that just trying to be in the top 4 every season wasn't much ambition but I don't see what else we can do tbh. 

08/11/2014 10:05 pm  #72

Sare ane last night.

they are pish

i'd be mightily pissed aff if i was Telfer ,Morris ,Ciftci or Butcher -dropped for no apparent reason.

Squad rotation will never work for us.

Anyway Connolly should be given preference to GMS from now on in -as GMS has stated his intention to do one.

Oh, what came of the things we once believed?

08/11/2014 10:29 pm  #73

Edmond Dantes wrote:

Sare ane last night.

they are pish

i'd be mightily pissed aff if i was Telfer ,Morris ,Ciftci or Butcher -dropped for no apparent reason.

Squad rotation will never work for us.

Anyway Connolly should be given preference to GMS from now on in -as GMS has stated his intention to do one.

I would start Connolly before GMS ana. Not because GMS is leaving but because Connolly has offered more in the last 3 games than GMS has done so far this season. 

08/11/2014 11:08 pm  #74

Edmond Dantes wrote:

Ciftci and either Morris or Butcher (can't remember which one) were left out because they're suspended for the cup tie according to Jackie.

Agree with your points though, shite decision for me.

08/11/2014 11:25 pm  #75

Morris and Ciftci are suspended for cup tie. 

We'll fucking murder them in thon cup game

Board footera