Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/11/2014 7:49 am  #26

Re: Scottish cup draw

St Obswell wrote:

Andy wrote:

TEK wrote:

Berwick would be a decent away day IMO.

Berwick Upon-Tweeed is a nice wee toon and their ground has a big old fashioned terrace in the away end.

Would be decent going to England to watch a Scottish Cup match.

Eventually got to see United there on a midweek night after the game was postponed once or twice many moons ago. That was some journey by car and even longer for Seggyboy1973 who was on the mad dog 20/20 and was so desperate for a pish that he resorted to winding down the back seat window and letting loose due to the lack of suitable layby and to the horror of those commuting behind. The look on their faces and the sight of so many windscreen wipers going like the clappers on a bone dry evening still remains fresh in my mind today although the precise date doesn't. Can anyone remember this game? 

Ha ha, great story.

It was Valentines day 1996, we won 2-1.

My mucker Grant scored an og to put them in front early on then Owen Coyle scored a double.

I was in Slattery's for a "romantic" night out with my bird, double cheeseburgers all round. She was very impressed.

03/11/2014 9:25 am  #27

Was the game against berwick not on a saturday and it got postponed quite early on? Its a day that sticks in my mind i was quite young and on the Tommy Traynor bus we my cousan think it was called off just before the bus left

03/11/2014 11:46 am  #28

St Obswell wrote:

Andy wrote:

TEK wrote:

Berwick would be a decent away day IMO.

Berwick Upon-Tweeed is a nice wee toon and their ground has a big old fashioned terrace in the away end.

Would be decent going to England to watch a Scottish Cup match.

Eventually got to see United there on a midweek night after the game was postponed once or twice many moons ago. That was some journey by car and even longer for Seggyboy1973 who was on the mad dog 20/20 and was so desperate for a pish that he resorted to winding down the back seat window and letting loose due to the lack of suitable layby and to the horror of those commuting behind. The look on their faces and the sight of so many windscreen wipers going like the clappers on a bone dry evening still remains fresh in my mind today although the precise date doesn't. Can anyone remember this game?

haha what a kerry on that was mate  

03/11/2014 11:58 am  #29

Your probably thinking of the Clyde game or gretna mate...both called off early...possibly the Clyde one as we spent the day in Dunblane
the Berwick game was near 20 year ago...you'd have been to young

bowers wrote:

Was the game against berwick not on a saturday and it got postponed quite early on? Its a day that sticks i i was quite young and on the Tommy Traynor bus we my cousan think it was called off just before the bus left

03/11/2014 12:00 pm  #30

stobievulture wrote:

Your probably thinking of the Clyde game or gretna mate...both called off early...possibly the Clyde one as we spent the day in Dunblane
the Berwick game was near 20 year ago...you'd have been to young

bowers wrote:

Was the game against berwick not on a saturday and it got postponed quite early on? Its a day that sticks i i was quite young and on the Tommy Traynor bus we my cousan think it was called off just before the bus left

gretna call off was some kerry on back at your bros lol

03/11/2014 12:33 pm  #31

remember a magic cup trip to Huntly when the wall collaped years ago something like that again would be great!!

03/11/2014 12:48 pm  #32

Scottish cup memories are good, I was too young for 94.

Queen of the south In 2005, massive crowd In a 3-0 win. We missed the 1st 15 and when eventually got In then after the game were stuck behind there goal In the mud for 10 mins with no traction

03/11/2014 12:54 pm  #33

the first game that got postponed (sat), my car radio was not working on the way down and as we got into berwick. united 's team bus was just leaving berwick,the young lad aboot 10 at the time said that's the team bus and i said they must be going for a pre-match meal doh! goes into a pub, boy let's us order food and drinks take's the money and ask's if we are doon for the game  then tell's us it's aff!semi-english barstewards

03/11/2014 1:49 pm  #34

Mass Debates wrote:

remember a magic cup trip to Huntly when the wall collaped years ago something like that again would be great!!

Aye Huntly, not exactly the San Siro, fans on the pitch at half time having a kick about after the wall/advertising hoarding collapsed, looked like a good carry on from the top tier which incidentally was the roof a portable toilet before the heelin fuzz pulled us doon, If memory serves me Doug Rougvie was their manager and a Brasilian by the name of Sergio played and scored for us in a 3-0 win. Seggyboy1973 was tanked up on the mad dog 20/20 again and pished his pants  Great trip and a very generous local independent bookmaker subsidised the trip for many Arabs by taking our bets at 2/5 or similar silly odds

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

03/11/2014 1:53 pm  #35

Pretty much any of the non premiership teams away barring sevco. Elgin would be a good one!

03/11/2014 3:00 pm  #36

Here we go.

03/11/2014 3:16 pm  #37

Motherwell away.

03/11/2014 3:26 pm  #38

Premier opposition away.

Fuckin pish.

03/11/2014 3:56 pm  #39

Rather them than Celtic, Rangers, Dundee, Aberdeen, Hearts, Killie or Hamilton away.

03/11/2014 4:24 pm  #40

Five all Premiership ties and tricky ones for Hearts v Celtic and Sevco V Killie so some big sides will be out pretty sharpish.

Not a great draw for us but it could have been worse.

03/11/2014 5:22 pm  #41

Looking on the bright side.

1.It won't be on telly as it won't be deemed 'glamorous' enough.

AND

2.Us and Dundee weren't drawn at home on the same day.

So i would be very confident that it will be a Saturday 3pm kick off.Which gives plenty drinking time and allows us to make more of a day off it

03/11/2014 5:30 pm  #42

Tough draw but it could have been worse. Nae dange will it be the TV game so at least we can make a day of it

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

03/11/2014 5:32 pm  #43

Unbelievable the top 14 sides in scotland all drawn together nobody with a "easy tie"  Motherwell away is not easy but certainly winnable

03/11/2014 6:03 pm  #44

The The Huns draw Killie at home.  Honestly, do those cunts EVER get away ties?????

Last edited by lifesanocean (03/11/2014 6:03 pm)

Too much commotion

03/11/2014 6:20 pm  #45

lifesanocean wrote:

The The Huns draw Killie at home.  Honestly, do those cunts EVER get away ties?????

They were away to Dumbarton on Saturday.

03/11/2014 7:30 pm  #46

On the plus side there will be 5 or 6 SPL teams missing from the 5th round draw (Hopefully 5), and we'll need to play better teams than Motherwell if we are to get to the final again, so not too unhappy with the draw overall.

03/11/2014 8:08 pm  #47

Draw could have been better could have been worse.

Saturday 3pm id think and hope both clubs can agree a reduced admission £15 & £5 maximum.

Can see us taking a large support through to this one.

03/11/2014 8:18 pm  #48

Rotten draw, any 1st division team or lower away would have done.

Love going to the old grounds. 

Stranraer was good, would have taken that again.

03/11/2014 10:02 pm  #49

Gonna be a messy day.

04/11/2014 9:25 am  #50

The display boys will be ordering aload of streamers for this game to be handed out to travelling fans

Board footera