Offline
Anyone going to the Foundation AGM on Sunday. Mike Martin supposed to be making an appearance. Will he turn up if QOS beat us on Saturday?
Offline

portarab wrote:
Anyone going to the Foundation AGM on Sunday. Mike Martin supposed to be making an appearance. Will he turn up if QOS beat us on Saturday?
Fairly sure he will mate.
Friend of a friend stuff but this is what I heard...
MM distanced himself completely from ST, says that Shabba is totally different from other recent managers and has a vision for the structure of the club even though he knows he probably won't be part of it in the long term and realised it's a results business. All the Jan signings were Darren Taylor's except Lyng who Shabba admits was a disaster. DUFC have a clear financial plan for this season. MM is willing to support the foundation but asked for clarity around its aims and how it differed from other groups, prior to backing it.
Offline
MM, was asked why the changes that have been made over the summer had not been made earlier as he had been a director for about six years .He said that 85% of the club had been owned by the Thomson family. He said that although he and other board members made suggestions if ST did not agree then they didn't happen. He also said that the new investment was still a goer but that the investors had other things on the go and that was causing the delay. He seemed pretty positive that it would happen. Thought he came over quite well but talk is cheap.
Offline
So nowt new fae whats been said previously. Good that he turned up though.
Offline

A month ago Mike Martin was widely quoted as saying, following the acquisition of ST's shares, "This share transaction strengthens our current financial position and provides the solid platform required as we continue to progress long term investment opportunities."
The implication was the investment had been eased at the Dundee United end by the purchase. ST had been a stumbling block.
But now the hold up is, according to Mike, at the other end. It makes me suspect this investment is more fantasy than fact.
In any case, I'm unsure I'd be happy with foreign owners.
Offline

It's not fantasy, there American and there 100% in for us
Offline

SuperMario wrote:
It's not fantasy, there American and there 100% in for us
I don't doubt you believe this, and it may be true, but why are you '100%' certain, when Mike Martin cannot reveal any details at all to supporters' groups?
Offline
PatReilly wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
It's not fantasy, there American and there 100% in for us
I don't doubt you believe this, and it may be true, but why are you '100%' certain, when Mike Martin cannot reveal any details at all to supporters' groups?
I would imagine Mr Martin or any other director may be limited to whathe can be said due to confidentiality clauses in any potential agreement between the parties.
I would imagine once any deal is concluded then a statement will be made. I could be wrong though.
I guess anyone passing on any possible rumour will not be subject to such clauses, especially if they have heard it from more than one person.
Offline

I wonder if the 'hold-up' with the share takeover is something to do with them waiting to rubber-stamp the inception of a certain new US soccer team in the United Soccer League (part of the Utd Group?).
Watch this space i guess.
Offline

Tek wrote:
I wonder if the 'hold-up' with the share takeover is something to do with them waiting to rubber-stamp the inception of a certain new US soccer team in the United Soccer League (part of the Utd Group?).
Watch this space i guess.
What do you want to see from Mike Martin? » 03/3/2018 12:35 pm arabchanter
Keyes Capital who I believe own Dundee, and the land for the "Samba Arena" are based in Austin Texas, where funnily enough, from what I can find don't have a major league soccer team, do we know anyone who might be interested in starting a new team?
Could it be possible, they have a "cunning plan"
probably nothing but![]()
Still gnawing away at me, hope I'm wide of the mark.
Offline

arabchanter wrote:
Tek wrote:
I wonder if the 'hold-up' with the share takeover is something to do with them waiting to rubber-stamp the inception of a certain new US soccer team in the United Soccer League (part of the Utd Group?).
Watch this space i guess.
What do you want to see from Mike Martin? » 03/3/2018 12:35 pm arabchanter
Keyes Capital who I believe own Dundee, and the land for the "Samba Arena" are based in Austin Texas, where funnily enough, from what I can find don't have a major league soccer team, do we know anyone who might be interested in starting a new team?
Could it be possible, they have a "cunning plan"
probably nothing but
Still gnawing away at me, hope I'm wide of the mark.
I don't think Keyes own Dens mate (still John Bennett?).
The new US soccer team that Thompson/Martin were trying to start was 'allegedly' in Cincinnati. That was from me talking to a US soccer fan on Twitter. So don't take that as Gospel, but he seemed quite clued up.
Online!

Tek wrote:
arabchanter wrote:
Tek wrote:
I wonder if the 'hold-up' with the share takeover is something to do with them waiting to rubber-stamp the inception of a certain new US soccer team in the United Soccer League (part of the Utd Group?).
Watch this space i guess.
What do you want to see from Mike Martin? » 03/3/2018 12:35 pm arabchanter
Keyes Capital who I believe own Dundee, and the land for the "Samba Arena" are based in Austin Texas, where funnily enough, from what I can find don't have a major league soccer team, do we know anyone who might be interested in starting a new team?
Could it be possible, they have a "cunning plan"
probably nothing but
Still gnawing away at me, hope I'm wide of the mark.I don't think Keyes own Dens mate (still John Bennett?).
The new US soccer team that Thompson/Martin were trying to start was 'allegedly' in Cincinnati. That was from me talking to a US soccer fan on Twitter. So don't take that as Gospel, but he seemed quite clued up.
I think that ArabChanter was meaning that the land that Keyes owned was the bit of land that is earmarked for their new stadium up by Camperdown.
Offline

Macho Man wrote:
Tek wrote:
arabchanter wrote:
What do you want to see from Mike Martin? » 03/3/2018 12:35 pm arabchanter
Keyes Capital who I believe own Dundee, and the land for the "Samba Arena" are based in Austin Texas, where funnily enough, from what I can find don't have a major league soccer team, do we know anyone who might be interested in starting a new team?
Could it be possible, they have a "cunning plan"
probably nothing but
Still gnawing away at me, hope I'm wide of the mark.I don't think Keyes own Dens mate (still John Bennett?).
The new US soccer team that Thompson/Martin were trying to start was 'allegedly' in Cincinnati. That was from me talking to a US soccer fan on Twitter. So don't take that as Gospel, but he seemed quite clued up.
I think that ArabChanter was meaning that the land that Keyes owned was the bit of land that is earmarked for their new stadium up by Camperdown.
Yeah I did actually, there's just too many loose ends at the moment.
Offline

arabchanter wrote:
Tek wrote:
I wonder if the 'hold-up' with the share takeover is something to do with them waiting to rubber-stamp the inception of a certain new US soccer team in the United Soccer League (part of the Utd Group?).
Watch this space i guess.
What do you want to see from Mike Martin? » 03/3/2018 12:35 pm arabchanter
Keyes Capital who I believe own Dundee, and the land for the "Samba Arena" are based in Austin Texas, where funnily enough, from what I can find don't have a major league soccer team, do we know anyone who might be interested in starting a new team?
Could it be possible, they have a "cunning plan"
probably nothing but
Still gnawing away at me, hope I'm wide of the mark.
There will be an MLS team in Austin soon. But it's basically just Columbus Crew moving there.
Offline

Tek wrote:
arabchanter wrote:
Tek wrote:
I wonder if the 'hold-up' with the share takeover is something to do with them waiting to rubber-stamp the inception of a certain new US soccer team in the United Soccer League (part of the Utd Group?).
Watch this space i guess.
What do you want to see from Mike Martin? » 03/3/2018 12:35 pm arabchanter
Keyes Capital who I believe own Dundee, and the land for the "Samba Arena" are based in Austin Texas, where funnily enough, from what I can find don't have a major league soccer team, do we know anyone who might be interested in starting a new team?
Could it be possible, they have a "cunning plan"
probably nothing but
Still gnawing away at me, hope I'm wide of the mark.I don't think Keyes own Dens mate (still John Bennett?).
The new US soccer team that Thompson/Martin were trying to start was 'allegedly' in Cincinnati. That was from me talking to a US soccer fan on Twitter. So don't take that as Gospel, but he seemed quite clued up.
Will be a team in Cincinnati mate, FC Cincinnati. Owned by a koch brother and some Cincinnati businessman. Nay connections to our club.
Honestly this American sister club stuff is pure nonsense. And if mm is eluding to anything like this, hes talking lower hel leagues which are truly truly shit. Big jump in America between mls and other leagues, it's the way sports franchise system is setup here. Doesnt work to have any sort of relationship unless it's with an MLS team. But those franchises are worth millions... will have nothing to do with us.
Pie in the sky. Deceptive if that's being uttered/proposed.
Offline

Tbf @RRDH the cincinnati stuff came from someone over the Pond.
Was nothing to do with MM.
As i say it came from someone on Twitter,so........
I'm just trying to put 2+2 together as to why these takeover talks have rumbled on quite so long.
To purchase a small (in the grand scheme of things) football club/business should be relatively straightforward afterall.
Facebook bought over Whatsapp in the time since these rumours started. It's farcical.
Offline

Tek wrote:
Tbf @RRDH the cincinnati stuff came from someone over the Pond.
Was nothing to do with MM.
As i say it came from someone on Twitter,so........
I'm just trying to put 2+2 together as to why these takeover talks have rumbled on quite so long.
To purchase a small (in the grand scheme of things) football club/business should be relatively straightforward afterall.
Facebook bought over Whatsapp in the time since these rumours started. It's farcical.
Exactly TEK. To say I have doubts is putting it mildly. If this is as serious and close as hes been saying... theyve allowed quite a few fking changes to the personnel. Not typical for clubs just about to be bought.
Not to be negative but a few people seemingly in the know said this was a done deal before season finished.
We'll see I guess.
Offline

Wasn't it the Koch Brothers that used to own Dundee?