Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/6/2018 9:48 pm  #51

Re: Freddy Van Der Hoorn Q+A - Friday 29th June 9-10pm

motherwellarab wrote:

If you ever got a chance to say a few words to jim mclean what would you say to him?

Well that I learned things from him , how things has to be and don’t has to be, I had a good professional relationship with him , he was hard , sometimes crazy , but a winner also.
It will be harder the way he worked now a days , but still all starting with being fit sharp etc, so trust me we where fit sharp etc ,
I never after three weeks I came in his office , he said listen you are not fit enough you train tomorrow only running so we went to hamburger hill , I really thought I am gonna dye here , what am I doing , but it works well because I became fitter and fitter and the second year I did quite well there was interest , my agent calls Jim Mclean and I had to come in , who I thought I was etc etc etc , hahahah,
To be honest I was 15 year director and did all the tricks also all for the club ;

29/6/2018 9:50 pm  #52

motherwellarab wrote:

Did you feel when we played against celtic and rangers that referees gave them the big decisions against us

That is in Holland with Ajax and psv the same in Belgium with standard and Brugge also.

Best thing to remember we best Celtic and Rangers anyway sometimes ;

29/6/2018 9:52 pm  #53

RRDH wrote:

that is incredible

No not at all , nice to be in contact with the club and country where I and my family have nice memories . I only hope that the team got promoted ASAP because to play in championship doesn’t deserve the club but for sure not the supporters

29/6/2018 9:53 pm  #54

Freddy,

What do Dutch people think about Britain leaving the EU?

29/6/2018 9:54 pm  #55

motherwellarab wrote:

Were you surprised dave narey didnt go into managing or coaching after he retired?

Dave would be the perfect director of football , bit the best would be coach from the youth players , the best players had to,train the young boys there is where it all start !,,
Dave was a great player and for sure a great coach also , his reading of the match would help him a lot

29/6/2018 9:56 pm  #56

Glasgow is tangerine wrote:

Freddy,

What do Dutch people think about Britain leaving the EU?

That is obvious how ... can you be, for sure it will not be for the best for the uk , an unbelievable move , which is also my modest opinion

29/6/2018 9:59 pm  #57

Ok final question from me Freddy as that's your hour almost up (thank you again for your time mate).

​If you could invite 5 people to a dinner party you are hosting (living or dead)...who would you invite?

29/6/2018 10:02 pm  #58

Glasgow is tangerine wrote:

Evening Freddy, 

Would you ever get back into Management or are you now happy as a players Agent?

I was in management for 15 years got opportunities to go to other teams in Holland but couldn’t do that , so after 15 years this was the best chance to stay in football and work with young professionals, you can see the website , www.fred-sports management.com

A lot of support , we work with players , we have dietician , mental coaches etc , so we work beside the clubs with the players to give them a complete service , not only to bring from club a to b .
It all started with a plan , a players plan and that is the compass

29/6/2018 10:11 pm  #59

TheShed wrote:

Evening Freddy

How did Jim McLean’s style of management compare with anything you’d had on the continent?

Did you ever see the Freddy Van Der Krueger T-shirts they sold in the United shop?

Yes was another cup of tea even sometimes after a Victory he went mental what went wrong, I think it was the nerve who was coming out , I think to about etc is more for the crouwd than really get you going The team must perform and the work must be done for a coach before the match , the only thing you have in hand is to do a change substitute to get on, but not this or that and waving and shouting , it is nice to watch the coach form atletico Madrid but more Important is that griezmann is happy ;

And,no I guess sold out

Last edited by Tek (29/6/2018 10:17 pm)

29/6/2018 10:24 pm  #60

Tek wrote:

Evening Freddy,

​Thank you for joining us on here.

Who was the best player you ever played WITH

AGAINST?

With - Ruud van Nistelrooy was good, Dave narey was good , Gilles de bilde was good, Godwin okpara was good, big dunc was good those players can play in any team !!!!
and

Against - Pfff a lot from Marco van Basten till Ruud van Nistelrooy , in Scotland I didn’t like to play mark hateley he loves it in the air I prefer grass

Last edited by Tek (29/6/2018 10:25 pm)

29/6/2018 10:24 pm  #61

Thank you Freddy for your time (an absolute Gent to deal with).

​And thanks also to Motherwellarab for his assistance in organising this one.

29/6/2018 10:27 pm  #62

motherwellarab wrote:

Hi freddy my first question to you is who was the best player you played beside in your years at dundee united

Kri was good and solid , narey was good  reads the game superb,

29/6/2018 10:32 pm  #63

Hoorn wrote:

motherwellarab wrote:

Hi freddy my first question to you is who was the best player you played beside in your years at dundee united

Kri was good and solid , narey was good reads the game superb,

​Kri is Mio Krivokapic I take it Freddy?

Agreed he was absolute class. Both him and Narey were very intelligent football players.

29/6/2018 10:33 pm  #64

motherwellarab wrote:

Whats your best memorys of playing for united

Simple and easy the passion and culture for football and Dufc especially

29/6/2018 10:37 pm  #65

Gutted I missed this, my old boys in Ninewells so couldn’t get involved. Freddy was one of my first hero’s as a lad and my mum fancied him tae.

I wore that Freddy a nightmare on Tannadice Street t-shirt from the Utd shop in the fourm Centre till it nearly fell off my back through wear and tear.

If you look back in Freddy thanks for the memories of your time at Tannadice!!

29/6/2018 10:45 pm  #66

Mass Debates wrote:

Gutted I missed this, my old boys in Ninewells so couldn’t get involved. Freddy was one of my first hero’s as a lad and my mum fancied him tae.

I wore that Freddy a nightmare on Tannadice Street t-shirt from the Utd shop in the fourm Centre till it nearly fell off my back through wear and tear.

If you look back in Freddy thanks for the memories of your time at Tannadice!!

Glad somebody else remembers that t-shirt

29/6/2018 10:53 pm  #67

motherwellarab wrote:

Name your best 11 players from your time at united any formation you want

Billy Thomson , experience good organizing and quite save hands
Alex clelland , always a 6,5 will never let you down during a match
David narey , speaks for itself ideal centre half , reads the game well etc
Krivokapic , never in danger with him. Beside that two gentleman in the heart of defence
Malpass , exactly the same a Alex on the other side , but Maurice also always a 6- 6,5
Mc kinnon, good both feet  quick thinker , when I first saw him I thought what a ability
Mcinally , a winner , team player , you need these players in your team engines without the ball
Darren Jackson, could perfectly play between the lines as a attaking midfielder
Gallagher , pace,  brave , good functional technique and can score a goal
Duncan Ferguson , had it all , attitude strength Hight, bravery , and don’t forget good feet
Other winger John o Neill , Andy Mc Laren , hamish French , Cristian dailly Allan Preston , even John Clark because you could play John any position on the park with his strenght shooting power etc 

So we play 4 3 3
O yeah I am coach of these boys for sure we  will be promoted this year

29/6/2018 11:08 pm  #68

Tek wrote:

Freddy am I correct in saying that you played for a Scottish Premier League Select side that played and defeated Scotland 1-0 at Hampden?

​Wee Jim was the Scottish League XI Gaffer if I recall correctly?

Good memories of that match?

Yes that is right , good for wee Jim also , winning at Hamden,
Really it was down to unlucky and just not the day that united losing all the  finals which such good players , even Holland lost three World Cup finals

29/6/2018 11:17 pm  #69

Tek wrote:

Freddy am I correct in saying that you played for a Scottish Premier League Select side that played and defeated Scotland 1-0 at Hampden?

​Wee Jim was the Scottish League XI Gaffer if I recall correctly?

Good memories of that match?

Yes very good memories , wee Jim also winning at Hampden.
Utd was under him because of no luck on the day in finals .... but the teams where good but bad decisions not good on the day etc ,
But that day he and our select team won

29/6/2018 11:21 pm  #70

Tek wrote:

Delighted to say that the latest Utd cult Hero to join us for a 1 hour Q+A will be Freddy Van Der Hoorn.

He will be online to answer our questions on Friday night which will nicely fill the void left by a World Cup free night of fitba.👍

Let’s hope guys to be the champions this year so utd can play where they has to be and which the supporters deserve.
Give the team the backing  and hopefully it will happen,
Many new players , new staff etc , so the board I guess put everything in shape it is now up to perform,
I come when the promotion party is starting

29/6/2018 11:24 pm  #71

motherwellarab wrote:

What do you think of our current manager csaba laszlo?

I don’t know the current manager , he must be good because the board has faith in him , So when the supporters gives the backing to them all it could be .... utd year

Last edited by Tek (29/6/2018 11:37 pm)

29/6/2018 11:39 pm  #72

Hoorn wrote:

I come when the promotion party is starting

Hope to see you there.

All the best, Freddy.👍

29/6/2018 11:41 pm  #73

Gutted to have had something on and missed this 😢

More so having had the chance to read through - right good q&a - well done Freddy (legend) and we'll done (to say the least) Tek for setting this up 😃

Last edited by scarpia (29/6/2018 11:42 pm)

30/6/2018 12:04 am  #74

@Mass Debates

Freddy tried to reply to your post but there was a problem when he hit submit apparently.

So he whatssaped me a screenshot of it (hope you can make it out).👍

p.s. hope old boy is ok.

30/6/2018 12:10 am  #75

Tek wrote:

Freddy is this the HAPPIEST you've ever been after scoring a goal? 

Freddy also had problems submitting his reply to the reply to this post. So again just a screenshot.

Not the smoothest Q+A we've had perhaps but one of the best.

Absolute Gentleman is Freddy. Still whatsapping me at half past midnight (Belgian time) asking 'all oke? Any more questions?'.

Had been online for 2 and a half hours at that point.

A lot of these ex-players have a real deep-rooted love for the club having had the pleasure to converse with them a wee bit.

Great to see/hear.

Board footera