Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/6/2018 7:54 pm  #1

Freddy Van Der Hoorn Q+A - Friday 29th June 9-10pm

Delighted to say that the latest Utd cult Hero to join us for a 1 hour Q+A will be Freddy Van Der Hoorn.

He will be online to answer our questions on Friday night which will nicely fill the void left by a World Cup free night of fitba.đź‘Ť

27/6/2018 9:11 pm  #2

Re: Freddy Van Der Hoorn Q+A - Friday 29th June 9-10pm

that is incredible

29/6/2018 9:04 am  #3

Well done Tek, and Freddy too. Unfortunately, cannae make it, so here are questions regarding the 1991 Cup Final, if it's okay.

Freddy: David Syme, was he an honest referee in the Final?

Hitting the post, and the ball going out for a bye kick on the opposite side of the goal: how did that happen, and have you ever seen it before or since? 

29/6/2018 9:44 am  #4

I have a very vague recollection of you scoring a either free kick or a long range shot, I think against either St Mirren or Dunfermline.  To my 8 year old self in the Fairplay stand it was a screamer.  I was a Freddy fan after that.

​Thanks for the memories!!

​Maybe someone can confirm if I have remembered this correctly.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

29/6/2018 8:57 pm  #5

Hi freddy my first question to you is who was the best player you played beside in your years at dundee united

29/6/2018 8:58 pm  #6

Who was your most difficult opponent in your years at club?

29/6/2018 8:59 pm  #7

@PatReilly

Yes that referee was not the best off all, in the end even at the beginning it wasn’t our day, no luck offside goal hamish French , my free kick , the goal against I thought the 3 was a free kick on our goalie , in the end of the day we didn’t deserve it because losing four goals is far to many in a final !!
Got even red carded afterwards so must be a bad referee

Last edited by Tek (29/6/2018 10:09 pm)

29/6/2018 9:01 pm  #8

@PatReilly

To hit the post was , still sometimes when you watch finals or important matches on my mind , as written earlier unbelievable we didn’t win , nothing to do with fear or bottle or this or that just NOT our day ,

Last edited by Tek (29/6/2018 10:10 pm)

29/6/2018 9:02 pm  #9

You worked under both jim mclean and ivan golac who was your favourite out the two to work under and why?

29/6/2018 9:04 pm  #10

Did you feel when we played against celtic and rangers that referees gave them the big decisions against us

29/6/2018 9:05 pm  #11

PatReilly wrote:

Well done Tek, and Freddy too. Unfortunately, cannae make it, so here are questions regarding the 1991 Cup Final, if it's okay.

That ref was not the best in the world , he even red carded me and I think mcinally and bowman , crazy we were the most kindness players when we got beat, the offside goal from hamish French in the beginning was wrong also I guess.and the goal when they made a free kick on our goalie was...
Anyway to lose 4goals isn’t good either , not our day ,but not because of fear or bottle , mainly unlucky not good enough on the day, I believe we beat them 4 times in the league , but our name was not written on it.

Hitting the post, and the ball going out for a bye kick on the opposite side of the goal: how did that happen, and have you ever seen it before or since? 

Unbelievable , that means unlucky , they had an angel on the post I guess , it was all written down for them

29/6/2018 9:05 pm  #12

Name your best 11 players from your time at united any formation you want

29/6/2018 9:06 pm  #13

Evening Freddy

How did Jim McLean’s style of management compare with anything you’d had on the continent?

Did you ever see the Freddy Van Der Krueger T-shirts they sold in the United shop?

29/6/2018 9:06 pm  #14

Evening Freddy,

​Thank you for joining us on here.

Who was the best player you ever played WITH

and

AGAINST?

29/6/2018 9:06 pm  #15

RRDH wrote:

that is incredible

Why , good to get contact with a nice club , where my wee daughter is been brought up, and where we still come now and than

29/6/2018 9:07 pm  #16

PatReilly wrote:

He was poor and we where not st our best also , because if we where we should have won

You need in football a bit of luck also

29/6/2018 9:08 pm  #17

Macho Man wrote:

I have a very vague recollection of you scoring a either free kick or a long range shot, I think against either St Mirren or Dunfermline.  To my 8 year old self in the Fairplay stand it was a screamer.  I was a Freddy fan after that.

​Thanks for the memories!!

​Maybe someone can confirm if I have remembered this correctly.

I think it was Dunfermline , great goal    Joking

29/6/2018 9:09 pm  #18

motherwellarab wrote:

Hi freddy my first question to you is who was the best player you played beside in your years at dundee united

David narey a real gentleman also

29/6/2018 9:09 pm  #19

Whats your best memorys of playing for united

29/6/2018 9:11 pm  #20

motherwellarab wrote:

Who was your most difficult opponent in your years at club?

At Dundee United , maybe hateley he was strong in the air and I liked more playing on the grass than in the air

29/6/2018 9:12 pm  #21

Freddy am I correct in saying that you played for a Scottish Premier League Select side that played and defeated Scotland 1-0 at Hampden?

​Wee Jim was the Scottish League XI Gaffer if I recall correctly?

Good memories of that match?

29/6/2018 9:12 pm  #22

Who was craziest or funniest teammate you had at tannadice and any funny storys about them?

29/6/2018 9:13 pm  #23

What do you think of our current manager csaba laszlo?

29/6/2018 9:13 pm  #24

motherwellarab wrote:

Whats your best memorys of playing for united

Just in general I liked it , i was always in the team apart from my last season , hardly missed a game so I thought it was good for both parties , to go with your family abroad means you even get closer to each other and we liked the way of living etc , so overall good memories ,
Every year we reached Europe place final semi final etc etc , so good

29/6/2018 9:17 pm  #25

motherwellarab wrote:

Who was craziest or funniest teammate you had at tannadice and any funny storys about them?

Big Dunc  was a young lad but knew that he was good and was a good and funny guy also, I thought most of the guys where quite good professionals and if not there was always wee Jim.
John o neill was a nice character and good player , they called him dell boy I remember

Board footera