Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/4/2019 5:32 pm  #26

Re: Cobra Kai

Just binged watched the whole of season 2 straight through. Was fucking great.

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

26/4/2019 6:58 pm  #27

I've watched 8 episodes. Will watch the last two later on. It's great although feel Johnny's been a bit marginalised in this series.

Too much commotion

26/4/2019 10:59 pm  #28

Holy shit, what a last episode.

Too much commotion

27/4/2019 5:05 am  #29

Elisabeth Shue in season 3. Sweet. How hot was she in Cocktail?!

27/4/2019 10:09 am  #30

japanarab wrote:

Elisabeth Shue in season 3. Sweet. How hot was she in Cocktail?!

There's a Season 3?? And Elisabeth Shue's in it??

Oh yaaaas!

Gonna binge Cobra Kai 2 later on tonight.

29/4/2019 12:26 am  #31

How about Tommy(the kid who shouts "put him in a bodybag") ending up in a bodybag after their camping trip!!

09/5/2019 8:22 am  #32

series 2 (can't bring myself to saying season) was pretty good - i'd say an improvement on the first.

johnny is a good lad really

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

09/5/2019 11:37 pm  #33

Sat last few nights with my boy and binged (firstly) Series 1, again (at the request of my Son who'd never watched it before) and then the whole of Series 2 (all in one night).

Fucking superb stuff. Absolutely loved it (as did my 10 year old).

For me the character of Johnny Lawrence is the star of the show and his growth in Series 2 now has the viewer firmly rooting for him.

The moment in Series 1 where he told his abusive Step-Dad he was out of his life was matched in Series 2 when he told John Kreese to leave Cobrai Kai and never set foot in his Dojo ever again.

He had faced up to the 2 biggest monsters in his life but sadly just as Johnny is re-awakening from a 35 year slumber, Kreese and his, seemingly 'never-ending' rivalry with Larusso has sparked a fresh tragedy in his life given what happened to Miguel, a kid he has genuine love for like a Son. Will Series 3 see him spiral back to alcoholism and a sheltered existence again or will he perhaps bond with Larusso to try and defeat Kreese together?

Will Ali come back in to Johnny's life or has throwing away his phone put paid to accepting her Facebook friend request?

Will Miguel pull through? If so, can Johnny re-ignite his burgeoning relationship with Carmen? Will Miguel go back to Cobra Kai if he makes a full recovery or will he take a different path? He is underneath it all a good kid (just like Johnny was).

Will Robbie reappear? If so can Johnny forgive him? Can Larusso? Can Miguel?

Will Terry Silver make a re-appearance?

So many questions. I cannot fucking wait till Series 3. Awesome show.

p.s. fucking great soundtrack. And the show is genuinely funny.

10/5/2019 12:02 am  #34

Should also say I fucking hate 'Hawk' and so glad

Demetri kicked his ass. His roasting of him at the House Party was FAF btw

14/5/2019 1:59 am  #35

Sounds like Elisabeth Shue is indeed gonna be in series 3.

14/5/2019 5:07 pm  #36

Tek wrote:

Sounds like Elisabeth Shue is indeed gonna be in series 3.
https://youtu.be/Xti8Z49NUyY

She's a surgeon.  Miguel has a broken neck. Cue her return.

Agree with all points above especially Demitri sorting out Hawk.

Tori was a complete cow although she didn't deserve what happened between Miguel and Sam.  Sam's got her character flaws for sure but was glad that she faced Tori down, total lunatic that she is. Surely no going back for Johnny though to Cobra Kai.  Reckon a coming together is most likely.

Last edited by lifesanocean (14/5/2019 5:12 pm)

Too much commotion

23/5/2019 11:53 am  #37

Just watched the last couple of episodes again - still good stuff.

Hope the spoiler box has worked...
On Hawk

There are definite similarities between Hawke and Johnny. Both kids with issues who have been convinced by kreese to become vengeful kids.

Seeing as neither Robbie or Miguel are bad kids, they cant really have either set as a 'baddy' - so it makes sense if Hawke is the baddy and Johnny tries to show him the error of his ways/show kreese up for what he is.

Question I dont know for season 3 - cobra kai is no longer Johnny's- so will he join up with miyagi do or will he start another karate do. The door is certainly open for that with them burying the hatchet at the Mexican restaurant.

Last edited by Tangy (24/5/2019 2:33 pm)

16/9/2020 4:03 am  #38

Wee teaser for Series 3.

It's only right at the end of the video.

The opponent Daniel is 'fighting' is Chozen (his rival in Karate Kid 2).

16/9/2020 2:08 pm  #39

Just started Season 1 after watching The Karate Kid for the first time at the weekend. Great stuff so far although some of the fight scenes are a bit crap 

28/9/2020 2:16 am  #40

japanarab wrote:

Tek wrote:

Finished Series 1. Overall I really enjoyed the show. It was a real stroll down 'memory lane' but also a clever modern take on the characters in modern day.

​For me Larusso and Lawrence and their ongoing rivalry stole the show for me. I can't say I cared too much for the younger actors in the show. Not that there was anything wrong with their acting or anything. I just found their characters a bit bland compared to that of Larusso's and Lawrence's.

​SPOILER ALERT -

​Was interesting how in actual fact as the show progressed you realised that Johnnie Lawrence had actually been the real victim of the original film.

​He had the beautiful girlfriend who everyone wanted, was the coolest and toughest kid in his school and was the All-Valley karate Champion. Larusso took all of that from him and this huge dent to his confidence had obliterated his life to the extent that he was stuck in a timewarp. He couldn't get over his 'Halcyon Days' of the 80's and was self-destructing as he could no longer find the joy in life.

​The whole show for me was about Johnnies re-awakening from a 35 year slumber and also Larusso remembering who he actually was and what was really important in his life.

I look forward to Series 2.

​P.s. the arrival of John Kreese in the last scene ......Yaaaaaaas !!!

The bit you mention about Johnny being the victim was a fan made video on YouTube a while back. The bit in Cobra Kai where Johnny is telling Miguel all about how Daniel ruined things for him is almost identical to that fan made video. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the inspiration for making Cobra Kai in the first place.

Found it 😂

29/9/2020 8:23 am  #41

Tek wrote:

japanarab wrote:

Tek wrote:

Finished Series 1. Overall I really enjoyed the show. It was a real stroll down 'memory lane' but also a clever modern take on the characters in modern day.

​For me Larusso and Lawrence and their ongoing rivalry stole the show for me. I can't say I cared too much for the younger actors in the show. Not that there was anything wrong with their acting or anything. I just found their characters a bit bland compared to that of Larusso's and Lawrence's.

​SPOILER ALERT -

​Was interesting how in actual fact as the show progressed you realised that Johnnie Lawrence had actually been the real victim of the original film.

​He had the beautiful girlfriend who everyone wanted, was the coolest and toughest kid in his school and was the All-Valley karate Champion. Larusso took all of that from him and this huge dent to his confidence had obliterated his life to the extent that he was stuck in a timewarp. He couldn't get over his 'Halcyon Days' of the 80's and was self-destructing as he could no longer find the joy in life.

​The whole show for me was about Johnnies re-awakening from a 35 year slumber and also Larusso remembering who he actually was and what was really important in his life.

I look forward to Series 2.

​P.s. the arrival of John Kreese in the last scene ......Yaaaaaaas !!!

The bit you mention about Johnny being the victim was a fan made video on YouTube a while back. The bit in Cobra Kai where Johnny is telling Miguel all about how Daniel ruined things for him is almost identical to that fan made video. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the inspiration for making Cobra Kai in the first place.

Found it 😂

LOL - bit of artistic licence there but I remember thinking Daniel overreacted when they were playing football in the first film!

Just finished S2 at the weekend, great fun and wonder what Johnny will do now. Team up with Daniel to learn the ways of Myagi Do and defeat Kreese and Cobra Kai?

Looking forward to S3

04/10/2020 4:10 pm  #42

Series 3 trailer. Coming to Netflix on January 8th 2021

10/12/2020 5:45 pm  #43

Full trailer for Series 3. Magic. Bring it on!

Too much commotion

10/12/2020 10:37 pm  #44

Hell yeah 🤘

22/12/2020 12:25 am  #45

Last edited by Tek (23/12/2020 3:56 am)

02/1/2021 1:46 pm  #46

Just watched season 3–again, excellent and definitely a season 4 in the future. 

03/1/2021 1:36 am  #47

Elisabeth schue 😍

06/1/2021 11:57 pm  #48

Series 3 was great.

Too much commotion

07/1/2021 1:47 am  #49

Heard a few folk saying they found Series 3 'rushed' and 'disappointing'.

Personally, i really enjoyed it (again).

That last episode was fucking superb btw.

07/1/2021 8:09 am  #50

I thought episodes 1-3 weren't great. Episode 5 was magic. Everything really falls into place after that. I do agree that you could have padded this series out to 20 episodes easily, particularly Miguel and Demitri's rehab. I enjoyed the series even more as a whole on the second watch.

Too much commotion

Board footera