Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/10/2014 7:03 pm  #1

January

Any ins and outs?

I think we need a LB and a CF at least. Oh and try to get GMS to sign a new deal.

19/10/2014 7:21 pm  #2

Re: January

Ivan94 wrote:

Any ins and outs?

I think we need a LB and a CF at least. Oh and try to get GMS to sign a new deal.

Yes to all 3 of those.

I know GMS has indicated he wants to move down South,but i feel he honestly needs to think very hard about his next move.

He's went back the way in the past year.

He could well get lost down in England where most Championship teams have 30+ first team players.

19/10/2014 7:46 pm  #3

TEK wrote:

Ivan94 wrote:

Any ins and outs?

Yes to all 3 of those.

I know GMS has indicated he wants to move down South,but i feel he honestly needs to think very hard about his next move.

He could well get lost down in England where most Championship teams have 30+ first team players.

For his own good, unless he's going to get an offer from Celtic, he'd be as well staying with us. Maybe he's looking for a wage hike though? There's always the Dons, they love an ex United player.

19/10/2014 7:55 pm  #4

Ivan94 wrote:

TEK wrote:

Ivan94 wrote:

Any ins and outs?

Yes to all 3 of those.

For his own good, unless he's going to get an offer from Celtic, he'd be as well staying with us. Maybe he's looking for a wage hike though? There's always the Dons, they love an ex United player.

Him moving to Aberdeen is my worry.Would be an hour closer to his home in Wick,plus they would probably be able to give him upto a grand a week more than we do.

19/10/2014 8:28 pm  #5

Ivan94 wrote:

Any ins and outs?

Quite happy if we sign a striker, preferably 2.  Dont really get the clamour for a LB, Dillo's playing well and Townsends fit again, its not really needed.  Lets face it its gonna be near impossible to find what everyones expecting, theres not that many Andy Robertsons out there.

19/10/2014 8:33 pm  #6

TEK wrote:

Him moving to Aberdeen is my worry.Would be an hour closer to his home in Wick,plus they would probably be able to give him upto a grand a week more than we do.

It's hard to believe TEK, but Aberdeen would be about a minute shorter journey and a shitty road the whole way, unless he commuted from somewhwere around Inverness.

He's got his sights set on a move much better than them but I really think he could be listening to his agent too much.

19/10/2014 8:36 pm  #7

arabugsy wrote:

It's hard to believe TEK, but Aberdeen would be about a minute shorter journey and a shitty road the whole way, unless he commuted from somewhwere around Inverness.

That is hard to believe Bugs 

19/10/2014 8:36 pm  #8

Think we've got to accpet that GMS is away. 

Ideally I'd like a striker but I doubt we'll bring anyone in tbh

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

19/10/2014 9:32 pm  #9

Move for Shinnie, he's got 6 months left as of January, offer them 250K or get him on a pre.

Id tell GMS you work your arse off every single day, any slump's In form and you'll be benched. I'd try Connolly out there from time to time.

Striker wise I'd like to see us move for John Sutton.

19/10/2014 9:49 pm  #10

huntedbyafreak wrote:

Why do you think that mate?

19/10/2014 9:53 pm  #11

TEK wrote:

huntedbyafreak wrote:

Why do you think that mate?

Just think we'll stick with what we've got. Think the manager likes the idea of this bringing young players through and I think that's what we'll stick with. 

19/10/2014 9:58 pm  #12

I don't think he has a lot of faith in the young guys tbh.

The one's on the bench i mean.

Did he also not say when Townsend got injured that left back was an area 'we'll need to look at in January?',or words to that effect.

19/10/2014 10:14 pm  #13

Hope so. I think Jackie has a wee bit of arrogance and stubborness about him which I think could be his outdoing as a manager and will possibly stop him getting a bigger move to a bigger club tbh

19/10/2014 10:20 pm  #14

huntedbyafreak wrote:

Hope so. I think Jackie has a wee bit of arrogance and stubborness about him which I think could be his outdoing as a manager and will possibly stop him getting a bigger move to a bigger club tbh

totally agree with this...i would love him to stay for the forseeable..years even.. but this stubborness to keep the same formation is driving me potty ...not a fucking soul within 50 yards at times going doon the left hand side shooting towards the ET yesterday...was tearing my fucking hair out... nae wonder i'm going gary capaldi

19/10/2014 10:32 pm  #15

stobievulture wrote:

huntedbyafreak wrote:

totally agree with this...i would love him to stay for the forseeable..years even.. but this stubborness to keep the same formation is driving me potty ...not a fucking soul within 50 yards at times going doon the left hand side shooting towards the ET yesterday...was tearing my fucking hair out... nae wonder i'm going gary capaldi

I really like him. He seems like a spot on guy and can spot a player and has done well with the young players BUT he's a stubborn bastard. 

It's frustrating as fuck at times. 

19/10/2014 10:41 pm  #16

That was the criticism a lot of people had about Houston.

Stubborness.Unwillingness to change the formation,sticking with his 'favourites'.

19/10/2014 10:43 pm  #17

huntedbyafreak wrote:

stobievulture wrote:

huntedbyafreak wrote:

I really like him. He seems like a spot on guy and can spot a player and has done well with the young players BUT he's a stubborn bastard. 

It's frustrating as fuck at times. 

its like watching shifty,armstrong and gms as it is watching jmacs teams.. you just ken at times it could be better...you feel like jumping the dyke, running on and jumping up and doon stamping yir feet and screaming at them to get the finger oot and change something

19/10/2014 10:45 pm  #18

TEK wrote:

Stubborness.Unwillingness to change the formation,sticking with his 'favourites'.

The time was right for Houston to go but I felt that a huge section of our support were bang oot of order with Houston. 

19/10/2014 10:54 pm  #19

huntedbyafreak wrote:

TEK wrote:

The time was right for Houston to go but I felt that a huge section of our support were bang oot of order with Houston. 

I agree.

My point is (and i've thought this for sometime now),that imo our support cut Jackie slack with certain decisions that they would have crucified Houston for.

19/10/2014 10:56 pm  #20

i'd take jmac over houstie every day of the week..

19/10/2014 10:57 pm  #21

stobievulture wrote:

Aye probably. 

19/10/2014 10:59 pm  #22

TEK wrote:

huntedbyafreak wrote:

TEK wrote:

I agree.

My point is (and i've thought this for sometime now),that imo our support cut Jackie slack with certain decisions that they would have crucified Houston for.

Agree with this as well. Think we realise where we are now as a club. It's the way forward. Its annoying though when you only have 1 subby that has finished puberty though

19/10/2014 11:02 pm  #23

stobievulture wrote:

I don't think there's much difference between them.

There are subtle differences of course Houston played 442,Jackie plays 4231

Houston played zonal marking,Jackie doesn't (though we still lose similiar goals i'e' opposition forward being left in space fae cross into box).

But their win ratio's are similiar and so is their final league positions.

Houstie did of course capture that wee silver fella for us though.

19/10/2014 11:13 pm  #24

some of the football under jamc was something that houstie could only dream of..jmac's staff have brought through talent that has wiped our debt...something houstie thought impossible

if only jmac could learn to change games during games he'd be right up there

think an experienced striker is key..and possibly wee connelly to take gauldys role as the tin opener

19/10/2014 11:20 pm  #25

stobievulture wrote:

some of the football under jamc was something that houstie could only dream of..jmac's staff have brought through talent that has wiped our debt...something houstie thought impossible

Some of the fitba we played fae October-December last season was sensational.We did tend to bottle the big games though.Aberdeen bossed us,so did St.Johnstone,Celtic got the better of us (though we did manage 2 draws tbf).

Not sure we can really give jackie the credit for wiping the debt tbh.Gauld has been in our system since he was 8.The credit for us making money on him goes as much to Ian Cathro+Stevie Campbell,as it does Jackie imo.

Robertson was a cracking signing though.His best by miles.

Board footera