Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/10/2014 7:40 pm  #51

Re: Stevie Campbell Q+A - Thursday 9th October 7-8pm

arabugsy wrote:

I feel the signing of Charlie and Blair could possibly have had a detrimental effect on the progress of the two Scotties and Jamie. How do you handle this so that any possible damage to individuals and group dynamics is kept to the minimum?

I don't see it as detrimental as any good young player coming to our club is welcomed by us all especially me. It's a challenge to those mentioned ( and others  I relish the healthy competition
and they should to.
The dynamics are a challenge to me as a coach all the time with all these young lads. It's a challenge I love to take on though and feel we do this well at Dundee United.

09/10/2014 7:43 pm  #52

Stevie wrote:

lifesanocean wrote:

Does a club of our size really need 5 goalkeepers aged 18 or over?? Why wern't one or two put out on loan as Jackie said he would (when quizzed on Marc McCallum's prospects after Stromszik was signed)?

Got to say I'm no expert on goalkeeping but I know that we are all actively trying to get two of the lads out on loan at the moment.

P.s. Sorry, I skipped a question ( Mrs C 😊 )

Ask Hinchy.

And Mrs C is doing a grand job.

09/10/2014 7:44 pm  #53

Steve,how dissapointed were you that we only got to see Scott Allan wear tangerine 5 times ?

Just how good a player was he in the grand scheme of things ?As good as say Stuart Armstrong?

09/10/2014 7:45 pm  #54

Do you agree with me that Aidan is now a ready-made replacement for GMS as this season ends?

09/10/2014 7:45 pm  #55

lifesanocean wrote:

Stevie, do you remember coaching Fairmuir Under 9's with Steven Frail many, many moons ago? I was one of the bairns back then and really enjoyed it.

Of course I do. Me and shaggy remained great friends until I fell out with him at the first development game of this season!! That's football.

09/10/2014 7:47 pm  #56

Ok lads we are gonna wrap this up in 10-15 minutes and give Mrs C's poor fingers a rest.

Any more questions get them in in the next couple of minutes please gents.

09/10/2014 7:48 pm  #57

TEK wrote:

Steve,how dissapointed were you that we only got to see Scott Allan wear tangerine 5 times ?

Just how good a player was he in the grand scheme of things ?As good as say Stuart Armstrong?

got to say losing Scotty was my biggest disappointment at Tannadice. A different player from Stuart but a highly talented and dedicated one who didn't want to leave Dundee United - believe me. Glad to see he's getting his career back on track now. But still I can't help having thoughts of what might have been and I know Scotty does too.

09/10/2014 7:49 pm  #58

If things go well for us at United and down the line Jackie and his backroom team move to pastures new for a new challenge, if Stevie T brought you in the office and asked if you would be interested in the vacant role of manager what would you say?

Also big thanks to Mrs C for relaying the messages and typing so fast

09/10/2014 7:50 pm  #59

arabugsy wrote:

Do you agree with me that Aidan is now a ready-made replacement for GMS as this season ends?

He very well could be. Firstly, I would like to see GMS stay but if not if Aiden continues his steady improvement then that could well be the case.

09/10/2014 7:51 pm  #60

Stevie wrote:

lifesanocean wrote:

Does a club of our size really need 5 goalkeepers aged 18 or over?? Why wern't one or two put out on loan as Jackie said he would (when quizzed on Marc McCallum's prospects after Stromszik was signed)?

Got to say I'm no expert on goalkeeping but I know that we are all actively trying to get two of the lads out on loan at the moment.

P.s. Sorry, I skipped a question ( Mrs C 😊 )

No worries you deserve this at 8pm! 

Another one from me: we appear to have a very big group of under 20s. Whats the thinking behind this? Will these lads go out on loan this season to get that competitive edge? Does a young player need to be a a certain stage before you consider them ready to go out on loan??

Too much commotion

09/10/2014 7:51 pm  #61

How close is Ali Coote to Ryan Gauld for ability/mental strength/will to win/level headedness?

09/10/2014 7:51 pm  #62

Stevie wrote:

a highly talented and dedicated one who didn't want to leave Dundee United - believe me. .

Despite getting decent money for him that's very dissapointing to hear mate.

09/10/2014 7:52 pm  #63

How close is Jordan Moore to 100% match fitness?

09/10/2014 7:53 pm  #64

Do you remember coaching our wee neighbours against us many years ago at North End and did you ever imagine your career path could be so improved?

09/10/2014 7:54 pm  #65

Sieb22 wrote:

If things go well for us at United and down the line Jackie and his backroom team move to pastures new for a new challenge, if Stevie T brought you in the office and asked if you would be interested in the vacant role of manager what would you say?

Obviously when PH left I was ready to take the team on a temporary basis at the chairmanship request however, it was only on a temporary basis and I would do the same if Jackie was to go. I hope that's a long way away yet.
As far as being the manager is concerned it has never been my ambition. I love the role I have now which I feel is an extremely important role and I would love to be doing this for years to come.

09/10/2014 7:57 pm  #66

What is Charlie Telfers best position (besides sitting on the bench  )?

Too much commotion

09/10/2014 7:58 pm  #67

TEK wrote:

Ryan Gauld could make his scotland debut tomorrow aged just 18 years old.

Will it be your proudest moment as a Utd coach to see him wear the dark blue of Scotland ?

I think there will be a lot of people very proud when Ryan plays for Scotland and I will be one of them. When you work so hard with the young lads and you see them getting rewards, especially playing for United it's the best feeling in the world.

09/10/2014 7:59 pm  #68

Stevie wrote:

Sieb22 wrote:

Obviously when PH left I was ready to take the team on a temporary basis at the chairmanship request however, it was only on a temporary basis and I would do the same if Jackie was to go. I hope that's a long way away yet.
As far as being the manager is concerned it has never been my ambition. I love the role I have now which I feel is an extremely important role and I would love to be doing this for years to come.

Well we are very lucky to have you at the club, and hope you will be doing this for many years to come as well.

09/10/2014 7:59 pm  #69

Ok lads that's 8 o'clock so no more questions please.

Big thank you fae me to Stevie for giving his free time to answer our questions,and for being absolutely 1st class to deal with in organising this.

Big thank you to Mrs C for her keyboarding skills too

Arabest,Gordon.

09/10/2014 8:00 pm  #70

right lads, questions over, let stevie answer whats left

09/10/2014 8:01 pm  #71

arabugsy wrote:

How close is Ali Coote to Ryan Gauld for ability/mental strength/will to win/level headedness?

I've never been one to compare players as they all their own identity. What I would say is I was excited about Gauldy when I first saw him, even more so when I worked with him and I have similar feelings with Ali.

09/10/2014 8:01 pm  #72

Great to be involved in this, cheers for setting it up TEK and huge thanks to Mr & Mrs C for their time.

09/10/2014 8:02 pm  #73

Big thanks for your honesty Stevie and well done Mrs C' 

Too much commotion

09/10/2014 8:03 pm  #74

lifesanocean wrote:

What is Charlie Telfers best position (besides sitting on the bench  )?

Charlie will take time to adapt to his new club. There is a bit of pressure on him due to transfer fee and coming in from Rangers etc but he is most definitely comfortable in any offensive midfield position. He is very young and it will take time and patience before we see the best of him.

09/10/2014 8:03 pm  #75

Stevie wrote:

Sieb22 wrote:

I would love you to be doing it until your retirement at Fergie's retirement age.

Didn't think I could hold you in any higher esteem but tonight has put you through the stratosphere.

Many many thanks.

Board footera