Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/5/2017 5:27 pm  #26


Re: Players Leaving/Staying

He played the number 10 under McNamara a few games when Armstrong was out on the left and looked good, if it wasn't for us having a million number 10's because of McKinnon he would have surely been given another chance there.

 

02/5/2017 5:50 pm  #27


Re: Players Leaving/Staying

PatReilly wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Hard to believe we paid 200 grand for him. Is he the most expensive player we have on the squad ATM ?

It's not really. The fee was decided by on the basis of the player's development.
.................
 

That's no what I meant Pat. What I was getting at, was the fact that we'd paid 200k for the laddie, and he's hardly getting any game time. ATM anyway.
 

 

02/5/2017 6:31 pm  #28


Re: Players Leaving/Staying

Billy_Hainey wrote:

PatReilly wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Hard to believe we paid 200 grand for him. Is he the most expensive player we have on the squad ATM ?

It's not really. The fee was decided by on the basis of the player's development.
.................
 

That's no what I meant Pat. What I was getting at, was the fact that we'd paid 200k for the laddie, and he's hardly getting any game time. ATM anyway.
 

 
I sort of know. Was just taking the opportunity to remind folk what cunts the Scottish football authorities are.

 

09/5/2017 10:15 am  #29


Re: Players Leaving/Staying

Jeeze, this is pretty depressing, if this is our 30 players in potential squad.
 
I've tried to break it down a bit, bold regular starter this season, red who I'd like to get rid of, italic played less than half a dozen first team games for United.

Players in contract: Bell, Long, Edge, Donaldson, Durnan, Toshney, Robson, Allardice, Coote, Fraser, Keatings, Devlin.
Players out of contract: Zwick, VDS, Dillon, Dixon, Flood, Kuate, Murdoch, Telfer, Spittal, Murray.
Players coming back from loan: Sukar, Ballantyne, Brad Smith, Matty Smith, Murrell.
Player on loan now expired: Andreu, Nicholls, Mikkelson.

So of the 30 players (including Devlin and Keatings) that we have on the books today I'd like to keep:

Bell, Edge, Durnan, Robson, Kuate, Allardice, Coote, Fraser, Andreu, Devlin, Murray, Mikkelson and Keatings.

And of those 13 it's highly unlikely we'll keep Andreu so that leaves 12 first team players I'd like to keep, and tbh in an ideal world I would only start six of them, including Devlin and Keatings I still think we're five starters away from a tile winning team.

Bell

new lb
Edge
new cd
Devlin

new lw
new cm
Kuate
new rw

Fraser

Keatings

I wouldn't be heartbroken if Murray and Mikkelson left as I don't think either are good enough to start for a team who has to win the Championship.

I can't comment on Long, Sukar, Ballantyne, Brad Smith, Matty Smith and Murrell as I don't know enough about them.

 

Board footera