Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/7/2014 5:17 pm  #1

Forfar V's Dundee Utd - Wed 16th July

Tomorrow night will see us travel the short distance to play our 3rd pre-season game against Forfar Athletic.

Wonder if we will see big Fojut get any game time.

GMS's involvement or lack thereof will maybe give us an indicator of his short-term future.

Hopefully we see a good win registered and another clean sheet.

15/7/2014 5:22 pm  #2

Re: Forfar V's Dundee Utd - Wed 16th July

Jackie Says he's taking quite a strong squad up. That trialist Lenko will probably get game time along with maybe Aidan Connelly and Rado If they're fit.

17/7/2014 12:47 am  #3

So last night our 3rd match of pre-season saw a very youthful looking Utd side draw 2-2 with Forfar (Robertson,Moore).Dale Hilson scored both Forfar goals.

Starting XI - Cierzniak, Spark, Robertson, Souttar, Petrie, Spittal, Telfer, Oyenuga, Connolly, Fraser and Smith

Subs: McCallum, Gardyne, Coote, Montgomery and Moore
_________________________________________________________________________________

Bloody brilliant to see young Jordan Moore score in his comeback game.

After what the kid has been through the past few months it is just fucking great to see him back healthy,and doing what he loves.

17/7/2014 2:40 pm  #4

Views on last night - Rado flapped at pretty much every set piece, Daz Petrie looks like a midfielder playing at the back and Kudus just isn't good enough. Midge came on and popped the ball about nicely but for a guy with a point to prove, he, unlike the excellent Dale Hilson, probably confirmed JMc's view of him.
ARob MOTM by a mile, Fraser, Smith and Spittal were all bright. Would prefer to see Telfer 10 yards further back to try and have more influence but again looks like a prospect. Connolly looked decent but still not ready for regular 1st team football.

17/7/2014 2:51 pm  #5

Christian Bentekel wrote:

Views on last night - Rado flapped at pretty much every set piece, Daz Petrie looks like a midfielder playing at the back and Kudus just isn't good enough. Midge came on and popped the ball about nicely but for a guy with a point to prove, he, unlike the excellent Dale Hilson, probably confirmed JMc's view of him.
ARob MOTM by a mile, Fraser, Smith and Spittal were all bright. Would prefer to see Telfer 10 yards further back to try and have more influence but again looks like a prospect. Connolly looked decent but still not ready for regular 1st team football.

I was quite unimpressed by Telfer, really hoping it was just because he was effectively playing with the U20's, didn't really see what was all the fuss about. Hope I am proven wrong come the start of the season though.
Rado looks like a bombscare at set pieces. Hopefully when he has a more consistent and solid back four he will himself become a bit more confident, plus it was his first game back so really hoping from an improvement from him.
Robertson stood out by a mile quality wise, what a player.
Overall I thought it was a decent game, while lacking in any real quality. Was great seeing Jordan Moore getting a goal.

17/7/2014 3:04 pm  #6

Christian Bentekel wrote:

the EXCELLENT Dale Hilson, . Connolly looked decent but still not ready for regular 1st team football.

Dale Hilson is a strange one for me.

I remember seeing him in Oban last Summer playing with the U-20's and he stood out for me with his game awareness and movement.

Connolly at the time seemed keen and full of running,but very very slight and bullied off the ball all to often.

The boy needs to seriously bulk up if he's to influence games i suspect.

17/7/2014 3:23 pm  #7

Aye, sums it up really - Dale isn't big but gave Daz and Soapy a torrid time. Flood and Gauldy are wee guys but could battle. Aidan has got good feet, played a really well weighted pass for the 1st goal but needs to try and carry a bit more presence. Still got plenty time on his side.

17/7/2014 4:51 pm  #8

Wee connelly showed some lovely touches last night, no doubt he's gonna be a star.

Board footera