Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/3/2017 9:29 pm  #26

Re: Wednesday's Fan Focus #29 - CanadianArab

Canadian Arab wrote:

Glasgow is tangerine wrote:

First game you attended?

A weegie who cannae read. You don't come across them very often. :-)

LC Final replay in 79.
Followed that up with a dire 0-0 versus Partick at Tanny the following season. Still kept going after that though. Caught the bug.

Oops,sorry.

Asked my question before reading the other replies.

01/3/2017 9:29 pm  #27

I have always wanted to see the rocky mountains it's definitely on my bucket list, are they as breathtaking to look at close up as they seem when you see them on films tv etc

01/3/2017 9:30 pm  #28

Ideal celebrity woman?

01/3/2017 9:30 pm  #29

What u make of job McKinnon is doing so far?

01/3/2017 9:30 pm  #30

Favourite Canadian beer?

01/3/2017 9:33 pm  #31

Glasgow is tangerine wrote:

What do you think of McKinnon?

The man for the job?

Tough one.
I think he's going about some aspects of the job in the right way. I get the feeling we're going about things a bit more professionally than we were a year or two ago. And he was a bloody good player. It's hard to imagine that he doesn't have a pretty clear idea of what the on-field problems are. I think, given time, he could fix them, but managers these days don't get time.
To be honest, I don't think some of our recent performances are quite as bad as some folk are saying. I think we move the ball quite well. Where we are lacking is in ideas on how to get the ball into dangerous positions in their box, where the ideas are different depending on what kind of a team we are playing against. This was really evident against Morton, who just packed their box and kept us in front of them. There are ways to get in behind a team like that, but the players need to know what those are and need to have practiced them ad nauseam. But for whatever reason, we could not penetrate them.

01/3/2017 9:35 pm  #32

motherwellarab wrote:

I have always wanted to see the rocky mountains it's definitely on my bucket list, are they as breathtaking to look at close up as they seem when you see them on films tv etc

Absolutely no doubt. After this hour is up I'll try to find one or two pics of places close to where I stay. Spectacular doesn't do it justice.

01/3/2017 9:35 pm  #33

Worst utd player u ever saw and also best u ever saw?

01/3/2017 9:37 pm  #34

Tek wrote:

Favourite Canadian beer?

Currently "Rickards White"

[Can't find a picture. Ach well]

Edit: Want to be very clear. I don't drink beer with a fucking orange in it!

Last edited by Canadian Arab (01/3/2017 10:15 pm)

01/3/2017 9:37 pm  #35

Since some Scottish fans would be interested in Celtic and Sevco (if they survive) fucking off to the Atlantic League, does the fact that the best Canadian teams play in a cross border competition with US sides detract from the National side, or the profile of ‘soccer’ in Canada?

01/3/2017 9:37 pm  #36

Tek wrote:

Ideal celebrity woman?

Let me think about that one ...

01/3/2017 9:38 pm  #37

Favourite city in Canada?

Been to Toronto twice and absolutely loved the place.

Always fancied Vancouver.

01/3/2017 9:42 pm  #38

motherwellarab wrote:

Worst utd player u ever saw and also best u ever saw?

Bannon used to be the lad who made United tick. Narey was the most graceful and effortless player. But I think Ralfie was the most talented and exciting player I've seen play for us. Was it the Standard Liege game at Tanny where we won 4-0? They couldn't get close to him that night. I've never seen anything like that.
Worst was a lad that I can never remember the name of. McLean took him on as a trialist in the mid 80s from a team out west. He was a PE teacher IIRC. He came on as a sub in a friendly (could have been a testimonial game) and I think he was subbed off again after about 15 minutes. Breatjing out his arse, pot belly, no touch. Don't know what Wee Jum was thinking.

01/3/2017 9:44 pm  #39

PatReilly wrote:

Since some Scottish fans would be interested in Celtic and Sevco (if they survive) fucking off to the Atlantic League, does the fact that the best Canadian teams play in a cross border competition with US sides detract from the National side, or the profile of ‘soccer’ in Canada?

Yes, I think it does. A Canadian league in which Toronto, Montreal, the Whitecaps, Edmonton and others all play would increase interest IMO.
But Scottish football would thrive without the uglies.

01/3/2017 9:44 pm  #40

did you attend Downfield PS

01/3/2017 9:45 pm  #41

You win 50 million on the lottery tomorrow.

Do you move back home and buy the club?

And if so what's the first 3 things you would implement at Tannadice under your Chairmanship?

01/3/2017 9:47 pm  #42

Tek wrote:

Favourite city in Canada?

Been to Toronto twice and absolutely loved the place.

Always fancied Vancouver.

Quebec City is a cool place. Ottawa is nice. Toronto is a bit big for me. Montreal meant to be a cool place to visit but I've not been. Never been out east to the maritimes. Prairie cities like Edmonton are all much the same. Vancouver is regularly ranked as one of the best cities in the world to live - the setting is spectacular. My favourite city is probably Victoria, on Vancouver Island. Beautiful setting, gorgeous waterfront, great weather. Known as a bit of a retirement city though so not somewhere to go for the nightlife.

01/3/2017 9:47 pm  #43

Beharder wrote:

I did. A long time ago. Only P1 and P2. Mrs. McLeod. 1971ish.

01/3/2017 9:50 pm  #44

Best day of your life (so far)?

01/3/2017 9:52 pm  #45

Canadian Arab wrote:

Beharder wrote:

I did. A long time ago. Only P1 and P2. Mrs. McLeod. 1971ish.

thought i might know you  different ages though
youve got a couple of years on me

01/3/2017 9:52 pm  #46

Tek wrote:

You win 50 million on the lottery tomorrow.

Do you move back home and buy the club?

And if so what's the first 3 things you would implement at Tannadice under your Chairmanship?

First, I'd have to ask the wife. But she's a (converted) Arab so I think we would be okay.

Not certain I would buy the club but I would definitely invest in the club. I have way less experience running a club than ST does and everyone moans about him.
I'd clear our debt, which is a millstone around our neck.
I'd invest a significant amount in stocks or bonds or a high interest account and allow United to use 90% of the interest every year towards running costs, reinvesting the other 10%.
I'd invest in our youth system and training facilities to make sure we are one of the top 3 in Scotland in terms of the quality of coaching and development that we can offer the best young prospects.
I'd bring back Nicholl's Rosebank Bakery pehs.
I might try and tempt Levein back as a DoF.

01/3/2017 9:53 pm  #47

My Brother in Law moved to Oz around the same time you went off to The True North.

He's got a terrible accent now: have you?

01/3/2017 9:55 pm  #48

Tek wrote:

Best day of your life (so far)?

Getting married and the days my two kids were born. Just in case the wife is reading.

14th May 1983 is right up there though. All of my top memories from my younger years were courtesy of Wee Jum.

01/3/2017 9:55 pm  #49

PatReilly wrote:

My Brother in Law moved to Oz around the same time you went off to The True North.

He's got a terrible accent now: have you?

I might have, but it hasn't really changed since I left. Mainly because I don't really talk to Canadians. :-)

01/3/2017 9:58 pm  #50

Still struggling with this celebrity woman question.

I like Cameron Diaz because she's good-looking and funny. Lassies who can laugh at themselves matters as much as nice tits.

Really not sure about this one. Might have to answer tomorrow.  :-/

Board footera