Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/12/2016 9:28 pm  #26

Re: Monday's Fan Focus #26 - Rocky Raccoon

First game you attended?

05/12/2016 9:31 pm  #27

PatReilly wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

PatReilly wrote:

Evening, Rocky Raccoon.

Assuming you are a Beatles’ fan, RR, who did you prefer as a songwriter, Lennon or McCartney (or Harrison or Starkey)? 

Evening Pat.

It depends what mood I am in, if i'm feeling like a musical snob it will be McCartney, if i'm feeling like giving the finer to the establishment it will be Lennon.

When I was younger I always preferred McCartney but I have swayed more so to Lennon nowadays.

Cheers, RR. I'm Lennon, although never realised this when I was younger (didn't know they didn't really write together).

As a music fan a) what tune do you think should play as the team runs out and b) do you enjoy the addition of the recent ‘Spirit in the Sky’ to the United fans’ repertoire?

You know what Pat a song popped in my head the other day and I though that would be a cracking tune to run out to / play when we scored but now it has slipped my mind, I'll get back to you once I remember.

Any new song is welcomed to match days, my personal favourite was the original Jimmy Gomis tune when we rhymed Cowdenbeath with teeth, comedy gold.

05/12/2016 9:33 pm  #28

You have a dinner-drinks party and can invite any 5 people dead or alive to join you for the evening who would u choose

05/12/2016 9:34 pm  #29

Ideal celebrity women? 👩

05/12/2016 9:36 pm  #30

You win the lottery.

How much do you offer Thompson?

05/12/2016 9:39 pm  #31

motherwellarab wrote:

3 things you think could help Scottish football be a better product again and increase attendances

1, Celtic leaving the SPFL
2, The Rangers leaving the SPFL
3, Neil Doncaster leaving the SPFL.

In all seriousness we need someone to take charge and believe in our game and talk it up, not a wet blanket like Doncaster who was all doom and gloom whilst the Rangers were stuttering though the divisions.

Outside of the ugly sisters we have enough "big" sides to make Scottish football interesting, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, United, that is four side who when doing well could attract anything between  8 -16,000 and put an interest back into the community about their local sides.

05/12/2016 9:43 pm  #32

Tek wrote:

Best day of your life (so far)?

I don't have any kids and have never been married so that is the obvious ruled out, I'll narrow it down to three days.

The day after the Ross County final was something else.

The day I found out my mum had beaten cancer.

The day I pumped a burd I had been after for years.

05/12/2016 9:44 pm  #33

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

The day I pumped a burd I had been after for years.

😂😂😂😂😂👍

05/12/2016 9:46 pm  #34

Glasgow is tangerine wrote:

First game you attended?

I'm led to believe it was a home game V Kilmarnock the season we won the league, i'm sure it was 7-0, I had it on Betamax and wore it out.

05/12/2016 9:49 pm  #35

motherwellarab wrote:

You have a dinner-drinks party and can invite any 5 people dead or alive to join you for the evening who would u choose

Gary 'Mani' Mounfield
Noel Gallagher
Kelly Brook
Cheryl Tweedy
Richard Osman

05/12/2016 9:50 pm  #36

Tek wrote:

Ideal celebrity women? 👩

After she did the dishes at my dinner party Kelly Brook would get an affy seeing to.

05/12/2016 9:53 pm  #37

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

First game you attended?

I'm led to believe it was a home game V Kilmarnock the season we won the league, i'm sure it was 7-0, I had it on Betamax and wore it out.

05/12/2016 9:54 pm  #38

You win the lottery.

How much do you offer Thompson?

Depends how much I won, Not sure I would want the hassle of running the club but if it was a Euro millions £140m job I would gladly give "the family" what they wanted, tell Sutherland to sling his hook and employ someone to run the club they way I told them to.

05/12/2016 9:54 pm  #39

Ever cried during or after a Utd game and if so,why?

05/12/2016 9:55 pm  #40

PatReilly wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

First game you attended?

Ah, where the love affair began.

05/12/2016 9:57 pm  #41

Favourite away game of all your trips over the seasons? And favourite match this season so far, home or away?  

05/12/2016 10:00 pm  #42

Tek wrote:

Ever cried during or after a Utd game and if so,why?

Funnily enough after all the heartbreak in the mid eighties through to Motherwell cup final I never shed a tear, surprising as I was around 7-14 years old in those years, I was so fucking close to crying at the St Johnstone final though, sheer anger at how we threw away the chance of winning the cup and making United the most successful team in the city officially.

05/12/2016 10:03 pm  #43

That's your hour up Rocky.

Final question from moi.

One word to sum up Dundee FC please?

05/12/2016 10:10 pm  #44

PatReilly wrote:

Favourite away game of all your trips over the seasons? And favourite match this season so far, home or away?  

Aw man, so many to pick from.

Numerous games at pittodrie back in the day were outstanding, the first (and only) time I saw United win at Parkhead (1989, Kevin Gallacher, 0-1) every single time I saw us win at Ibrox against Rangers, I've lost count how many times I saw that happen.

My two favourite away games though were

McDiarmid park, May 2001

St Johnstone 2 Dundee United 3

AKA the Derek Lilley game

Thank you Paul Hartley, without your input United probably would've been relegated that month.

And

Neutral venue

Dundee United 3 The Rangers 1

13,000 Arabs rubbing those horrible bastards noses right in it, I could watch Ciftci's goal over and over and over.

This season the Dunfermline game away, the Cammy Bell show, will live with us forever.

The game on Friday was great also, it got United fans believing again.

05/12/2016 10:11 pm  #45

Tek wrote:

That's your hour up Rocky.

Final question from moi.

One word to sum up Dundee FC please?

Special.

05/12/2016 10:12 pm  #46

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

PatReilly wrote:

Numerous games at pittodrie back in the day were outstanding, the first (and only) time I saw United win at Parkhead (1989, Kevin Gallacher, 0-1) every single time I saw us win at Ibrox against Rangers, I've lost count how many times I saw that happen.

McDiarmid park, May 2001

Thank you Paul Hartley, without your input United probably would've been relegated that month.

And

Neutral venue

13,000 Arabs rubbing those horrible bastards noses right in it, I could watch Ciftci's goal over and over and over.

This season the Dunfermline game away, the Cammy Bell show, will live with us forever.

Good choices, and well done for this tonight, you can type fast!

05/12/2016 10:13 pm  #47

Thanks lads, really enjoyed that, so many memories to dig from.

If anyone who was not online wants to ask any further questions feel free.

SRYB

05/12/2016 10:16 pm  #48

PatReilly wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

PatReilly wrote:

McDiarmid park, May 2001

And

Neutral venue

Good choices, and well done for this tonight, you can type fast!

Thanks Pat, I was actually worried about my typing as I don't think I am a fast at typing.

05/12/2016 10:18 pm  #49

Last gig attended

Last book read and current one being read if applicable

Next gig to attend

What's needed in the Jan window and if anyone out, who or what would be acceptable?

05/12/2016 10:30 pm  #50

Foo Kin Twat wrote:

Last gig attended

Last book read and current one being read if applicable

Next gig to attend

What's needed in the Jan window and if anyone out, who or what would be acceptable?

Last gig attended was a Smiths tribute, excellent night, I was absolutely buckled.

Last mainstream gig was Noel Gallagher at the Hydro in March this year, third time I've saw him solo, never disappoints.

No gigs planned as yet, I used to go to two to three gigs a month but getting older is a bastard and to be honest I really couldn't be fucked doing anything during the week nowadays.

I'm not a big reader, you wouldn't think so I you saw the amount of books piled up everywhere in my house, cannot remember the last book I finished, I always have a few on the go at any given time, normally biographies / autobiographies by footballers, musicians, anyone who lived the dream.

Board footera