Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/11/2016 2:17 am  #1

Saturday's Fan Focus #25 - Kiwiarab

Much later on today at 10pm UK time (early Sunday morning in NZ) we will hear from our furthest flung Shedboy...Kiwiarab.

Looking forward to it.

Just putting it up nice and early to give folk some notice this time 👍

26/11/2016 7:48 am  #2

Re: Saturday's Fan Focus #25 - Kiwiarab

OK, missed the last 2 so getting in early this time.  Did it look to you like we were actually winning the league last season Kiwi?  

26/11/2016 12:06 pm  #3

Good idea from FKT: I'm out of internet circulation tonight, so here are a couple of questions for you Kiwiarab:

1) how do you access United matches in NZ, via Arabzone, stream? And do you actually get up early morning to keep in touch with the live action?

2) we've never had a Kiwi player at Tannadice, from what I mind: what is the domestic standard like there, and are there any players who could do a job for United?

3) are there any other Arabs who you actually meet up with in NZ, or is that impractical?

26/11/2016 10:59 pm  #4

alright team, looking forward to this, fire away with the questions

26/11/2016 11:01 pm  #5

Foo Kin Twat wrote:

OK, missed the last 2 so getting in early this time.  Did it look to you like we were actually winning the league last season Kiwi?  

sadly not mate. a lot of stuff over here is upside down, nighttime is daytime, water goes the wrong way down the sink, chrismas in the summer. However, nothing could make that league table look good

26/11/2016 11:01 pm  #6

Evening mate (or morning in your case).

Where do you bide now mate?And where from originally?

26/11/2016 11:07 pm  #7

PatReilly wrote:

Good idea from FKT: I'm out of internet circulation tonight, so here are a couple of questions for you Kiwiarab:

1) how do you access United matches in NZ, via Arabzone, stream? And do you actually get up early morning to keep in touch with the live action?

2) we've never had a Kiwi player at Tannadice, from what I mind: what is the domestic standard like there, and are there any players who could do a job for United?

3) are there any other Arabs who you actually meet up with in NZ, or is that impractical?

1 - i used to get up in the night and watch a live stream of the more important games, since having kids i have done this less often and just watch the arabzone highlights first thing in the morning.

it is a surreal experience to watch united at 3am, on your own, on a laptop. at first you feel like an alien, then something happens in the game and you are totally focused on it and forget where you are

2 - domestic standard is abysmal. most kids play football until around 14 when they move to rugby or other sports.  there is one professional team in wellington who play in the australian "a league". fuck knows what the b league is like as the a league is honking, i've never been able to watch more than 5 minutes before changing channels. The touch and fitness are not great, it's the lack of any organization or football brain that makes it so bad.

3 - not really, met a few but mostly people who are visiting or head home after a year or 2. 

if anyone is reading this who lives in NZ, drop me a message as it would be great to have a pint with someone who knows what i'm talking about for once!

26/11/2016 11:10 pm  #8

Favourite meal from home and favourite Kiwi meal?

I'm hungry the night.

26/11/2016 11:13 pm  #9

The_Coo wrote:

I'm hungry the night.

Does The Coo eat the coo? Bet yer nae vegan bud.

Kiwi, whats the strangest scran doon there?

26/11/2016 11:14 pm  #10

Tek wrote:

Evening mate (or morning in your case).

Where do you bide now mate?And where from originally?

originally from glasgow, moved to New Zealand in 2005, living in Auckland

26/11/2016 11:14 pm  #11

Favourite ever DUFC player?

26/11/2016 11:15 pm  #12

The_Coo wrote:

I'm hungry the night.

home - roll and flat sausage, you don't get them here and I'd kill for one

Kiwi - mince and cheese pie. tastes miles better than it soundss

26/11/2016 11:17 pm  #13

strangest scran - you get a lot of weird fruit that tastes horrible, and some seafood which gives me  the boak. weirdest one is called kina which is basically a sea urchin that some people think is edible

26/11/2016 11:18 pm  #14

When you speak to your NZ mates about United ,what's the story you tell them over and over again, most proud of as an Arab?

26/11/2016 11:21 pm  #15

What got you into United?

26/11/2016 11:22 pm  #16

Tek wrote:

Favourite ever DUFC player?

that is a tough one. brewster and olofsson were my favourites when i was younger, on reflection it's now malpas. One club man, always put in a good performance and got the players around him to step up, first captain to lift the scottish cup and had a brilliant season at sweeper in 96/97

Dave Narey was also class but I only caught the end of the halcyon days 

26/11/2016 11:23 pm  #17

Why did you start supporting Utd?Being from Glasgow.

Sorry just read Arabphobia's previous question.

Last edited by Tek (26/11/2016 11:29 pm)

26/11/2016 11:23 pm  #18

Best ever match you witnessed that wasn't a trophy win?

26/11/2016 11:25 pm  #19

The_Coo wrote:

When you speak to your NZ mates about United ,what's the story you tell them over and over again, most proud of as an Arab?

there's a few, P4W4 against barca is probably the most common one

26/11/2016 11:27 pm  #20

Favourite United player that is/was a hate figure amongst opposition fans?

26/11/2016 11:27 pm  #21

Arabnophobia wrote:

What got you into United?

I got a united jersey for my 5th birthday, the VG one from 86/87, after that I was hooked. My dad was a Third Lanark fan and loved football, didn't want me following rangers or celtic though, so took me to a lot of games around glasgow and a few trips to tannadice each season.  

26/11/2016 11:29 pm  #22

If you could send an earthquake back to Scotland where would you pick for the epicentre?

Better give you a limited 150 meter affected zone incase you go for dens.

26/11/2016 11:30 pm  #23

Favourite alcoholic tipple?

26/11/2016 11:30 pm  #24

Did you come back for any of our recent cup finals?

Too much commotion

26/11/2016 11:33 pm  #25

Arabnophobia wrote:

Best ever match you witnessed that wasn't a trophy win?

jeezo another tough one

beating aberdeen 4-0 on new years day when Duncan Ferguson destroyed them was the most complete united performance I have witnessed

Ray McKinnons hat trick of free kicks sticks in my mind as it was something unique

for drama, beating celtic 1-0 when mcswegan scored in the last minute was amazing. I remember it being end to end and Sieb having a fantastic game, it seemed like the usual script where Celtic score in the last minute to steal it, then for us to score in the last minute was just incredible and the best east stand explosion ever

Board footera