Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/3/2016 8:23 pm  #26

Re: Can Leicester win the EPL?

0-1 away win at Watford.

Arsenal and Spurs could only shara a point apiece.

5 points clear.

07/3/2016 1:55 pm  #27

It's looking really good for them now, they have this luxury of knowing that they can lose a game and still be top which must be great from a mental perspective, like the Watford game on Saturday - there was no pressure, go out and win - and if you don't you're still top of the league.

Next week everyone else will play before them, so regarless of opponents results they have an easy game at home with no pressure, they'll still be top, they might get an opportunity to extend their lead.

A lot of people saying they can't do this for a full season, but if you take the last 9 games from last season and the 29 games from this season they would actually be 11 points clear at the top, with Man City in second.

They have been the best team in England since last April, by quite a margin.

14/3/2016 11:03 pm  #28

Marching on again..

14/3/2016 11:49 pm  #29

Foo Kin Twat wrote:

We've got mair chance of finishing 10th or better than they have of winning the EPL.  It's Arsenil's to lose!

WTF do I ken?   

I'm right up there with Alan Hansen's, "you can't win anything with kids".

In the last 38 games, or the equivalent of a Premier League season, they have lost only 4 games 

Last edited by Foo Kin Twat (15/3/2016 12:05 am)

14/3/2016 11:51 pm  #30

Hope not.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

15/3/2016 12:21 am  #31

I think the next four games will determine the winner, if Leicester can win the four of them then they'll win the league.

It's a two horse race for me and Spurs will lose minimum one but probably two of their next four IMO.

16/3/2016 12:08 am  #32

Don't pay attention to epl for moral reasons but part of that is for the love of the underdog over money.
Find myself tapping into the englandshire league now hoping that they win the league over all the hype, money and hyped up respect other players, teams and managers get down there.
Cmon the wee team!

16/3/2016 11:37 am  #33

Arabnophobia wrote:

Don't pay attention to epl for moral reasons but part of that is for the love of the underdog over money.
Find myself tapping into the englandshire league now hoping that they win the league over all the hype, money and hyped up respect other players, teams and managers get down there.
Cmon the wee team!

19/3/2016 5:50 pm  #34

0-1 away win at Crystal Palace.

8 points clear now (albeit Spurs have a game at hand).Incredible.

19/3/2016 5:54 pm  #35

Tek wrote:

Just loving this story and how Ranieri is with the Media.   

19/3/2016 6:07 pm  #36

Tek wrote:

When you look at Spurs run in those eight points look a lot more - no way are spurs taking max points with aways at Liverpool and Chelsea

19/3/2016 6:28 pm  #37

Agreed Scarpia, I've got Spurs losing at Liverpool and drawing at Chelsea.

Spurs play twice before Leicester next play, if it's down to two points then Spurs are in with a right shout, I think they'll be five behind when Leicester play Southampton at home next Sunday with the chance to go 8 clear....

Last edited by Andy (19/3/2016 6:31 pm)

21/3/2016 12:34 am  #38

Admin-tastic club

shafting local business on the regular

the English The Rangers or the English The the Dee -take your pick

its pitiful everyone is clamouring over them now and supporting them.

Shiteing on the boy that pays up is the way forward -Cameron's Britain

Oh, what came of the things we once believed?

21/3/2016 2:58 am  #39

Edmond Dantes wrote:

Admin-tastic club

Gooner #RAGE 

Mon a' Foxes  

26/3/2016 12:20 pm  #40

I've never been a big follower of English football, I watch games on TV occasionally but have never "supported" a team in England, but I've been following the EPL closely this year purely because of Leicester City.

It's a tremendous story, the gap between them and the top 4 in England is far greater than between Aberdeen and Celtic.  Leicester, by all off field measures, are the 15th "biggest" team in the EPL, yet over the last 12 months, last 38 games, this current season, are the best team in England.  Surely that's what all real football fans want, a competition where one of the smallest teams can win the league if everything clicks?

I've too much time on my hands today and looked into some if their finances and bear in mind the EPL is silly money, their wage bill this year will be between £47-53m depending on bonuses.  Man City (the highest) will be between £220m - £245m.  Their highest paid player earns £60k a week, their average first team regular earns £25k pw.

They have spent £26m on transfer fees to accumulate their current squad, £17m of this has been spent on two strikers who rarely start (Kramaric and Ulloa).  Man United (the highest) have spent over £300m accumulating their squad.

Their owners are something else, humble, modest, devout Buddhists they took the club when over £100m in debt then converted that debt to shares - meaning they would never get it back.  They give out these clappers at each home game costing £15k, they have given supporters free beer three times, scarves and t shirts handed out at away games and most impressive is they subsidise away coach travel so the punter never pays more than £10 a trip.

The family were given a new surname a few years ago from the Thai royal family in recognition of their charity work at home.  They had a five year plan and £180m ring fenced to get Leicester in the top five by 2018, they've only spent £50m of that so far, they are two years ahead of schedule and made a profit of £26m (Leicester's first profit in a decade) last year.

For me they are everything you want to see in your club, great owners, great manager, great players, passionate supporters, a chance of silverware and a positive bank balance.  From top to bottom they deserve every success that is hopefully coming their way

26/3/2016 7:28 pm  #41

Edmond Dantes wrote:

Admin-tastic club

Agree with a lot of that, but today it's just a question of degree regarding how much rich investors put in to their expensive hobbies. Leicester have had less multi millions pumped in than say Chelsea or Man City, so what they have done this season is admirable.

03/4/2016 3:25 pm  #42

Only four wins needed now......

03/4/2016 8:05 pm  #43

Watched that today -brutal

Best team lost , ball was sore.

the boy Kante getting plaudits but how many fouls was that today -Jesus , and no booking, if he plays Champions League next season, Leicester certainly will but he might not be there but if he is -sending off waiting to happen.

the boy Ulloa might get this summer off from Blackpool beach as a reward.

03/4/2016 8:47 pm  #44

Edmond Dantes wrote:

the boy Kante getting plaudits but how many fouls was that today -Jesus , and no booking, if he plays Champions League next season, Leicester certainly will but he might not be there but if he is -sending off waiting to happen.

Do you think Wenger will get the heave for failing to win the league against this mob???

Too much commotion

03/4/2016 11:09 pm  #45

lifesanocean wrote:

Edmond Dantes wrote:

Do you think Wenger will get the heave for failing to win the league against this mob???

Arsenal have beaten this mob home and away this season.

Haven't been suckered in to their bully boy tactics like others have.

04/4/2016 12:39 am  #46

Edmond Dantes wrote:

lifesanocean wrote:

Edmond Dantes wrote:

Arsenal have beaten this mob home and away this season.

Haven't been suckered in to their bully boy tactics like others have.

Politicians answer.

04/4/2016 11:29 pm  #47

Imagine being a Leciester fan, imagine being this close, imagine it all going tits up.

The pictures of the crying fans will be great.

Sorry, but i'm a bad bastard, i'm happy for them to win should United survive, if we don't i'm wanting the most heartbreaking situation for every team ever to happen.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

10/4/2016 3:28 pm  #48

Three wins away from it now (assuming Spurs win later this afternoon)

10/4/2016 6:41 pm  #49

Hope they get over the line what a story it would be given where they were last season! Polar opposite to Dundee Ufuckingnited 😤

24/4/2016 11:37 pm  #50

4-0 at home to Swansea without their talisman Vardy.

Not only are they going to win the League.They're going to do it in style.

Board footera