Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/12/2015 5:39 pm  #1

Can Leicester win the EPL?

Noticed some betting sites are still offering odds as long as 100/1 on them doing so... gotta be worth a couple of quid surely?

SKY bet also offering 5000/1 on Leicester winning the title and Chelsea getting relegated if you like your mad bets.

07/12/2015 5:40 pm  #2

Re: Can Leicester win the EPL?

No.

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

07/12/2015 5:48 pm  #3

We've got mair chance of finishing 10th or better than they have of winning the EPL.  It's Arsenil's to lose!

07/12/2015 8:07 pm  #4

Agree that it's Arsenal's tae lose. Be funny seeing Eddie lose it when they blow it due to getting beat fae Stoke or that

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

07/12/2015 8:59 pm  #5

I fear for poor Edmond's sanity if Arsene blows it again.  He'll be cosying in with Piers Morgan in the #WengerOut camp and those 2 meaningless FA Cups will mean even less!!!     Ooft - that'll be a joy to behold 

07/12/2015 10:46 pm  #6

Wonder what odds you'd've got a year ago, for Leicester being at the top of the EPL and Dundee United being at the bottom oe the SP.

07/12/2015 11:24 pm  #7

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Wonder what odds you'd've got a year ago, for Leicester being at the top of the EPL and Dundee United being at the bottom oe the SP.

Indeed.  You'd have been certified!!!

I wonder what the "Foxy" version of  Billy Hainey's point projection was for them at this time last year?

14/12/2015 11:35 pm  #8

Tek wrote:

Noticed some betting sites are still offering odds as long as 100/1 on them doing so... gotta be worth a couple of quid surely?

SKY bet also offering 5000/1 on Leicester winning the title and Chelsea getting relegated if you like your mad bets.

Leicester go back to top with a 2-1 win over the flailing Chelsea who are just 1 point above the relegation zone now..

That 5000/1 bets not looking so daft now eh?

15/12/2015 8:14 am  #9

Would love to think so.

Chelsea out of it.

Man U, Liverpool, Spurs all have Europa league for another few months at least.

Man City will be hoping to progress in the Champions League.

Leaving Arsenal, who will be knocked out of the CL in the next round.

So, I agree with what others have said, Arsenal's to lose, Man City will run them close but if Leicester are still in contention come February they play Arsenal and Man City in consecutive weeks then have the best run in of all the contenders.

15/12/2015 2:23 pm  #10

Leicester are playing with a lot of confidence anyway, winning It I dont think so.

19/12/2015 7:05 pm  #11

3-1 win away to Everton.

Leicester are genuine title challengers IMO.

19/12/2015 10:10 pm  #12

Tek wrote:

3-1 win away to Everton.

Leicester are genuine title challengers IMO.

Looks that way tbf. January will be v important to them, hope they have the guts to say no to all bids and give themselves a chance.

13/1/2016 11:25 pm  #13

1 nil away to high-flying Spurs.

They're not going away are they?

14/1/2016 12:38 am  #14

Not watched much easier games this season, just looked at the table tho, 3 huge clubs potentially going down and some unusual names in the top half, great to see.

Still think Leicesters resolve will be tested in the transfer market in the next few weeks.

02/2/2016 10:57 pm  #15

Beat Liverpool 2-0.

Still top.

02/2/2016 11:07 pm  #16

Know someone who backed them to get relegated at the start of the season     

03/2/2016 7:00 am  #17

They are giving it a very good go thats for sure

04/2/2016 12:22 am  #18

Hope they do as the underdog but fuck English fitba either way.
Don't pay any attention to it.

06/2/2016 2:52 pm  #19

YES

06/2/2016 2:53 pm  #20

Starting to look like "who can stop them?"

Been superb so far today

07/2/2016 4:17 am  #21

I dont think they will win it but hope they do

07/2/2016 9:16 am  #22

Great chance now. Would this go down as the biggest shock in English football?? That or Notts Forest maybe.

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

29/2/2016 2:22 pm  #23

Huge late win v Norwich.

Meanwhile Arsenal crumble under the pressure at Old Trafford.

It's in Leicester's hands.

29/2/2016 6:25 pm  #24

Tek wrote:

Huge late win v Norwich.

Meanwhile Arsenal crumble under the pressure at Old Trafford.

It's in Leicester's hands.

That was my first reaction but I'm now wondering if Norwich's tactics will be a sign of things to come from other sides?

Sit deep, let Leicester have the ball but don't give them any room behind you - almost worked for the Canaries.

Having said that Spurs have a much tougher run in, Arsenal seem to lack squad depth and mental toughness and Man City will probably be distracted by Europe - so all in all could still be Leicester's year.

01/3/2016 12:34 pm  #25

japanarab wrote:

Great chance now. Would this go down as the biggest shock in English football?? That or Notts Forest maybe.

Even I'm now thinking they can do it.  I know they are all ridiculously paid, but anything that represents team ethic over personal wage greed is good by me.  I hope they do it.

Japan - I just watched "I Believe In Miracles" done on BT Sport about Forest's rise under Ol Big Ed - I'd suggest you try and find it somewhere on line - it's brilliant - and for the young anes on here - look out for Kenny Burns tackles!!! That's what futba used to be like.

Board footera