Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/10/2014 8:58 pm  #51

Re: Stuart Armstrong

Bugsy, me and you sing from the same hymn sheet re Armstrong but its getting beyond the joke now, he's not worthy of a start, fit or not.

18/10/2014 9:11 pm  #52

Hate to admit it but you could be right.

18/10/2014 9:11 pm  #53

Andy wrote:

Bugsy, me and you sing from the same hymn sheet re Armstrong but its getting beyond the joke now, he's not worthy of a start, fit or not.

He really isn't.

Shouldn't be in the team just on reputation alone,neither should Nads or anyone else for that matter.

18/10/2014 11:00 pm  #54

he hasnt exactly set the heather alight this season has he

19/10/2014 8:46 pm  #55

No, but we've all seen what he's capable of.

19/10/2014 9:12 pm  #56

TEK wrote:

Andy wrote:

He really isn't.

Shouldn't be in the team just on reputation alone,neither should Nads or anyone else for that matter.

When he came on at dens 2nd half fuk me how good was he...big learning curve for a these boys this season and the  best is yet to come mark my words...boo boys can get to fuk 

19/10/2014 9:26 pm  #57

Nobody's 'boo-ing' Armstrong though.

Folk are just (rightly) wondering why one of our best players looks like an absolute shadow of himself the past few months.

If he is playing through an injury i would appreciate it if someone fae Arabzone asked McNamara this question.

19/10/2014 9:39 pm  #58

Sell him for 2 million and get Telfer in.

08/12/2014 11:22 am  #59

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Sell him for 2 million and get Telfer in.

If media reports have an ounce of truth about them that's eactly what we are about to do in January.

Celtic+Sporting Lisbon interested...'allegedly'.

Obviously would prefer it to be the latter out of those two if it came down to it,for us+him.

I like Armstrong but if we get 2 million we take it.

Have about 3 players who could play in the middle of the 3 (Telfer,Erskine,Butcher),even Dow could play there.

Strongest position we have.

08/12/2014 11:50 am  #60

Would take this. Prime time to sell with available cover and current remaining contract, puts us in a good negotiating position. I don't think Armstrong will sign another extension.

Hope he doesn't go to Celtic. If their previous signings are anything to go by then he is too good for them and doesn't cost enough. They only buy overpriced shite.

08/12/2014 12:53 pm  #61

When he goes hope its not to celtic
On his day a great footballer and hope he gets the right move.

£2m from sporting sounds fantastic to me. Plus add ons of goals/apps for both sporting and scotland

08/12/2014 1:03 pm  #62

Have never met Stuart personally, but listening to him being interviewed he comes over as a very
intelligent,grounded and driven laddie.
Why would he want to go to that bigoted, bile infested club and put himself into that circus!

Stretch

We don't give a damn what the others say
We'll cheer on United all the way
For we are the Terrors of Tannadice

08/12/2014 2:05 pm  #63

Never want to be selling a player, but a time comes and if ever there as been an ideal time for us then this is most certainly it with so many others available as has been mentioned. At least this time there won't be debates about selling a player to reduce the debt over keeping to achieve potential greater success. It's just the way it pans out and that time has come if a bid does come in. Of course we should set ourselves and get a decent fee with no pressures.

08/12/2014 3:48 pm  #64

What happens to the money now is important if he decides he wants to go or United decide to sell, does the Thompson family start taking money back now the debt to other lenders has been cleared (if it has) or does the whole sum of the transfer get invested back in to the Club, I have a feeling its the latter but it would be nice to know being a small time but loyal investor in Dundee United like everyone else on here.  can we have a Q&A with the Chairman our honorable administrator. All would be forgiven. 

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

08/12/2014 5:41 pm  #65

2 million would be a great deal

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

08/12/2014 8:40 pm  #66

he's really upped his game...i'm with st obby...why sell..do we need to sell...what would we do with the cash...or is it just simply a case of we do need to for future

08/12/2014 8:43 pm  #67

If we sell we use some of it to (hopefully) get a centre forward in,a left back (Dixon?),and offer new deals to Rado,Watson,Butcher and Connolly.

That would be an excellent January's business imo.

08/12/2014 9:36 pm  #68

Not convinced at all about the Sporting rumours, but will be surprised if he's still here come February, same goes for GMS.

08/12/2014 9:42 pm  #69

Infact Dillon's out of contract too.

Could tie him down for another 2 years and he can finish his career with Utd and get a well deserved testimonial.

08/12/2014 10:25 pm  #70

I'd rather keep Armstrong. On his game he's brilliant. He's still too inconsistent though. It would need to be silly dough. Can't see anyone offering the money that's been mentioned.

08/12/2014 11:27 pm  #71

1.5 million would be tremendous business I'd say.  Still reckon we need one more 7 figure sale to clear the last outstanding debt so it won't be entirely unexpected if Armstrong goes.  Won't be in January though.

How will his hair cope in the hotter climate though???  Big risk of dry hair and split ends I reckon.

Too much commotion

09/12/2014 12:05 am  #72

lifesanocean wrote:

1.5 million would be tremendous business I'd say. Still reckon we need one more 7 figure sale to clear the last outstanding debt so it won't be entirely unexpected if Armstrong goes. Won't be in January though.

How will his hair cope in the hotter climate though??? Big risk of dry hair and split ends I reckon.

AKA Johny Bravo 

We don't give a damn what the others say
We'll cheer on United all the way
For we are the Terrors of Tannadice

09/12/2014 12:13 am  #73

He does have a magnificent head of hair does oor Stuartie.

An excellent haircut.

09/12/2014 12:37 am  #74

TEK wrote:

If we sell we use some of it to (hopefully) get a centre forward in,a left back (Dixon?),and offer new deals to Rado,Watson,Butcher and Connolly.

Wouldn't keep Rado or Watson.

09/12/2014 12:45 am  #75

Waffelz wrote:

TEK wrote:

Wouldn't keep Rado or Watson.

Agreed.

Board footera