Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/8/2014 12:55 pm  #26

Re: Stuart Armstrong

Must've been a bigger tumble than it first seemed. 

08/10/2014 9:48 am  #27

I see Stuart's being linked in today's Daily Ranger with joining Robertson down in Hull.

Probably completely made up bullshit.

Given his form this season it seems even more unlikely imo.

08/10/2014 10:02 am  #28

has ben linked with transfers a few times the past few windows and seems a popular one.

think this his last season with us

08/10/2014 10:09 am  #29

agree with bowers,deffo his last season imo

frustrating player imho, running with the ball and taking the odd chance he's class... Dirty work when the chips are down and his final ball at times are poor...

08/10/2014 12:20 pm  #30

My favourite player but form through the injury period has been really poor with the absolute pits at Killie.

That was also Nadir's nadir.

08/10/2014 12:49 pm  #31

Amo regardless of playing poor recently, he has attitude, workrate, head screwed on and a definite future Scotland player, managers will see that.

2 million plus add ons at least please.

08/10/2014 12:50 pm  #32

If he was more consistent he would have been gone by now

08/10/2014 12:57 pm  #33

Yeah, he certainly has inconsistances. Great player on his day, but just not quite the linch pin that is maybe needed at times. Would say we would be lucky to get just over £1m for him tbh.

08/10/2014 4:47 pm  #34

Contracted until 2016 isn't he. On current form we'd be lucky to get 7 figures for him. If he doesn't start putting in a shift if we got in excess of 7 figures I'd sell in Jan

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

09/10/2014 12:13 am  #35

Lads, wee gauldy done okay till Xmas then after fuck all. We got 3 million for him, I know you have real potential with Gauldy but the same applies to him. If Celtic come In we'll deal at 1.5 million. Any other league at least 2million.

GMS Is leaving, only Nadir Is close to him In terms of skill. We can't really afford the lose him and Amo In the same season (unless the Money Is right). 2 million for Amo and get Telfer In.

09/10/2014 12:57 am  #36

We don't really need to be selling anyone right now but on the other side of the coin I don't want to see him go stale either, unfortunately no revolving door is guaranteed in football and at the moment there is no one pushing either way

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

09/10/2014 1:10 am  #37

Now we are debt free with a wee bit of cash In the Sherman tank, If we sold him for say around 2 million, 1.5 million to the club for safety, agents fee etc then 300K to Jackie for the squad, that could be 3 decent bosmans on 2 year deals (Murray Davidson, Kris Doolan and even Conor Townsend).

09/10/2014 1:18 am  #38

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Now we are debt free with a wee bit of cash In the Sherman tank, If we sold him for say around 2 million, 1.5 million to the club for safety, agents fee etc then 300K to Jackie for the squad, that could be 3 decent bosmans on 2 year deals (Murray Davidson, Kris Doolan and even Conor Townsend).

No sure Townsend would want to extend his loan for less than a grand p/w tbh

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

09/10/2014 8:45 am  #39

My favourite player for a number of years, has been pish since Ibrox semi.

Suspect he was looking for a move in the summer and this didn't materialise.

A very clever gentleman, wouldn't be surprised if he had his career mapped out to make the most of the next 10 years.

Celtic for two years for trophies and CL football to show he can cut it.

Move to Everton/Southamption type club to show he can play at a high level in EPL FOR 3 years then move once more to a top club in Europe.

That was the potential anyway, now he could land at Norwich or Sheffield Wednesday for £800k.

Harsh maybe.

09/10/2014 10:49 am  #40

St Obswell wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

No sure Townsend would want to extend his loan for less than a grand p/w tbh

Bad maths meant 450k

09/10/2014 12:30 pm  #41

We certainly don't want to be selling him that is for sure. I don't think we could replace with quite the same quality quickly. Just hope he gets onto a game. He started going a bit flat towards the end of last season, but could be quite simply put as he was getting tired and still young. Got a pre-season in but as the season started it was cut short with period out and think he will be another couple of games before we see him firing all cylinders again tbh.

09/10/2014 2:41 pm  #42

When playing shite he's still much better than Rankin and Paton.

09/10/2014 2:44 pm  #43

Given that it's the Daily Wreckerd, then it's possibly p1sh. If his current form/fitness is anything to go by, it's bound to have an effect on offers. Still think at his 100% best and full fitness, we should be getting offers of around 2-3M. Or else they can Gtf.

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (09/10/2014 2:44 pm)

10/10/2014 6:50 pm  #44

I reckon someone will come in for him at the end of the season.  His form between now and then will dictate the fee.

He doesnt look fit to me, but showed when he came on in the derby at Dens what he can do with a bit of space.  A big problem I feel we have, exemplified by the Killie game, is we are far too narrow in attack when GMS isnt on.  Ciftci, Dow and Erskine all look to attack through the middle which means teams FBs can just tuck in and, when a CM drops back, there just isnt any space.

Armstrong is at his best when he receives the ball at pace with a bit of room.  Hes not the type of player that can get the ball at a standstill then beat a couple of men to make the space himself (very few players are).  Last year teams had to contend with Robertson down the left which always stretch the game out a bit more making things easier for our attackers.

10/10/2014 9:32 pm  #45

Good point re width, at times Stu was almost running into our own players as it was so congested.

11/10/2014 4:10 am  #46

Aladdin wrote:

I reckon someone will come in for him at the end of the season.  His form between now and then will dictate the fee.

He doesnt look fit to me, but showed when he came on in the derby at Dens what he can do with a bit of space.  A big problem I feel we have, exemplified by the Killie game, is we are far too narrow in attack when GMS isnt on.  Ciftci, Dow and Erskine all look to attack through the middle which means teams FBs can just tuck in and, when a CM drops back, there just isnt any space.

Armstrong is at his best when he receives the ball at pace with a bit of room.  Hes not the type of player that can get the ball at a standstill then beat a couple of men to make the space himself (very few players are).  Last year teams had to contend with Robertson down the left which always stretch the game out a bit more making things easier for our attackers.

We always play narrow. That was evident v Killie, no one attacking the flanks.

18/10/2014 8:17 pm  #47

Subbed fairly early in the match for the 2nd game running.

No goals this season,not even missing chances or making them.

WTF is wrong with him this season?

18/10/2014 8:22 pm  #48

don't think its an attitude thing with stretch...i think he's not fit

18/10/2014 8:25 pm  #49

stobievulture wrote:

Just had 2 weeks off Stobes.

Heard the players were aff nearly half that time.No happy about that tbh.

18/10/2014 8:35 pm  #50

stobievulture wrote:

This ^^^^ for me, but he's getting there.

Board footera