Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/8/2014 10:14 pm  #1

Stuart Armstrong

Off injured today or just tactical ?

Gotta say i rate the lad but have been very dissapointed in his performances so far this season (and fae what i seen in the close season).

He was getting brushed off the ball all to easily again today and not imposing himself on the match the way we know he can.he is great on the ball but cannae tackle and isn't particulary renowned for pressing opposition.So if he's not doing it for us on the ball he's a bit of a wasted shirt.

Maybe needs a rocket up his arse or dropped just to bring his feet back on the ground.Or is that me being harsh ?

17/8/2014 1:22 am  #2

Re: Stuart Armstrong

Injured, although he tried to play on.

17/8/2014 1:25 am  #3

Then he needs to fucking man up imo Bugs.There was nothing in his wee tumble.

He's frustrating me at the mo.

I know you're a big fan and so am i tbh,but as i said above if he's no daein it when he's on the ball he's no much use tae us.

With Telfer,Connolly and Spittal champing at the bit he has tae raise his game to what we know he can.

17/8/2014 2:40 pm  #4

He played well yesterday, we struggled without him.

17/8/2014 4:14 pm  #5

TEK wrote:

Then he needs to fucking man up imo Bugs.There was nothing in his wee tumble.

He's frustrating me at the mo.

I know you're a big fan and so am i tbh,but as i said above if he's no daein it when he's on the ball he's no much use tae us.

With Telfer,Connolly and Spittal champing at the bit he has tae raise his game to what we know he can.

I'm probably his biggest fan so his performances towards the end of last season, in that fkn final, and in the games so far have left me frustrated beyond description. My problem is I still see him as our best player in the current squad, but he's certainly got to start proving it.

17/8/2014 4:30 pm  #6

GMS Is much better IMO mate.

17/8/2014 4:34 pm  #7

Fair enough, I think Gaz is more skillful but Stretch is a better player.

That's opinions for you.

17/8/2014 5:30 pm  #8

I think GMS is an all-round better player too tbh.

Stretch on his day is a very good attacking midfielder but he offers next to nothing on the defensive side of the game.

GMS at least attempts to track his man.

Not on a 'Stretch bash',but we NEED him to do a lot more on the ball or as i said he's a waste of a shirt,particulary against the likes of Celtic who press you all over the park.

18/8/2014 8:38 am  #9

i think he is a decent player but he very rarely bosses a game the way i like to see a midfielder do and also agree with tek that he goes down a bit easy in challenges etc

18/8/2014 10:29 am  #10

Good debate chaps, that's what this board should be.

GMS and Amo need to get us to Europe before they leave (GMS probably on a free and Amo ££££).

18/8/2014 10:39 am  #11

I get laughed at when I say that he's potentially the best footballer in the Premiership, but i believe that when on form he's outstanding and my favourite United player, he hasn't looked great in the two games, and even pre-season matches, that I've been at so far though.

18/8/2014 4:48 pm  #12

Andy wrote:

I get laughed at when I say that he's potentially the best footballer in the Premiership, but i believe that when on form he's outstanding and my favourite United player, he hasn't looked great in the two games, and even pre-season matches, that I've been at so far though.

There were times last season when he looked like a future captain of Scotland. There were times that he looked like a lost laddie. 

He is a big athletic guy and if he added consisitancy to his game he'd soon be off to a bigger club for more wedge. 

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

18/8/2014 7:28 pm  #13

Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him play for top half EPL or Bundesliga team next season.

18/8/2014 7:33 pm  #14

I don't think Armstrong is anywhere near ready for Premiership,never mind top half.

He needs to become a top player in the SPL first before even thinking about moving on.And i think he probably knows that tbf.

Look at guys like Russell and Conway who tore up this division but in the Championship are 'decent' players,no more,no less.

18/8/2014 8:55 pm  #15

Armstrong can and should be a future Scotland captain, there are flaws in his game he needs to sort tho.  He needs to man up at times, no doubt and His final ball at times is the wrong one, I think we're all guilty of forgetting he's only 21 tho.

18/8/2014 9:16 pm  #16

The Shed wrote:

, I think we're all guilty of forgetting he's only 21 tho.

He's 22 

18/8/2014 9:47 pm  #17

I know, I forgot

18/8/2014 10:54 pm  #18

FS he's ancient!

19/8/2014 1:08 am  #19

TEK wrote:

I don't think Armstrong is anywhere near ready for Premiership,never mind top half.

He needs to become a top player in the SPL first before even thinking about moving on.And i think he probably knows that tbf.

Look at guys like Russell and Conway who tore up this division but in the Championship are 'decent' players,no more,no less.

Johnny needs a good season and he can definitely get a move to the EPL If Derby don't get promoted. He could definitely play for the likes of Burnley and Leicester IMO.

19/8/2014 9:44 pm  #20

TEK wrote:

That's why I said next season.

19/8/2014 10:17 pm  #21

arabugsy wrote:

TEK wrote:

I know ye did mate.

But imo he should be with us for at least another 2 seasons.

If he goes to England i think he wont be ready till he's 25.

Again just IMO.

20/8/2014 1:33 am  #22

TEK wrote:

arabugsy wrote:

TEK wrote:

I know ye did mate.

But imo he should be with us for at least another 2 seasons.

If he goes to England i think he wont be ready till he's 25.

Again just IMO.

Agree with all of that, and would love it to be even longer. Get the impression from interviews and Q & As that Stu has his career mapped out and it includes playing approximately 150 games in top Scottish football. That's why I think he'll move next season, and I believe his record so far would suggest it would be at a high level.

Of course, he still has to prove it this season.

20/8/2014 8:51 pm  #23

arabugsy wrote:

Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him play for top half EPL or Bundesliga team next season.

think you could be correct with bundesiga mate think his style and energy would suit germany

21/8/2014 12:46 am  #24

Very doubtful for Saturday.

26/8/2014 9:59 am  #25

Missed the County game and now being reported he's out for another fortnight at least.Looks like he'll be pulled out of Scotland U21 squad.

A bad start to the campaign for him.

Pray he's back and fighting fit for the Derby.Big player for us and when he plays well,Utd play well.

Board footera