Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/3/2015 3:51 pm  #1


summer signings

who would you like to see us get in summer? i think we need a central defender and some forward thinking midfielders and winger, andy websters out of contract im sure at coventry but not sure if we could agree wages but worth a try? still only 31 so few year in him yet surely? if hibs dont come up then possibly try again for scott allan depending on price. would like us to get left winger in as replacement for gms as connolly isnt ready to play every week in spl yet there is a young guy at celtic who barely gets a game think his name is dillon mcguek not sure if thats correct spelling but possibly try get him think he would be a good signing  

 

25/3/2015 4:08 pm  #2


Re: summer signings

i see in the bbc gossip colum today that the boy marley watkins at ICT is out of contract and hearts are interested in him got me thinking would he be worth a shot? Trying to have a proper think about him and not 100% personally.

We will see alot of players leave this summer a few contracts up and i think Ciftci will be sold. 
No doubt we will bring in another keeper.
I doubt another central defender will come in this summer. 2 new strikers for me.

 

Last edited by bowers (25/3/2015 4:10 pm)



 
 

25/3/2015 4:58 pm  #3


Re: summer signings

Allan Mannus from St Johnstone has rumoured to have signed a pre-contract as has Stephen O'Donnell from Partick Thistle.

Also rumoured to have been watching Tom Walsh of Rangers. I will be amazed if we touch him though after the way the Charlie Telfer Tribunal ended...

 

25/3/2015 5:01 pm  #4


Re: summer signings

We need players that will be brave on the ball and hold it up...the days of destroying teams on the counter are gone...Scott Allen fits that bill

 

25/3/2015 5:07 pm  #5


Re: summer signings

Would love to see Scott Allan sign.Always looked a player,and all the 'money grabber' stuff for me is water under the bridge now.He was very poorly adviced at the end of the day by John Viola.

Heard a few weeks back O'Donnell fae Partick is a done deal (gentleman's agreement) assuming Jackie's still here.

Other than that we need an out and out penalty box striker and obviously an established experienced Goalie.

Oh and cover/competition for Dixon at LB an absolute must.

 

25/3/2015 5:12 pm  #6


Re: summer signings

O donnell fae partick has been doing the rounds for months now..

i understand Scott Allan wanted to come back to Utd.  I think most would see him back in a tangerine jersey and the reason he left not all as one sided as was made out. 



 
 

25/3/2015 5:13 pm  #7


Re: summer signings

On the goalie front...
How is mcdonald been doing at Falkirk this season?
I wanted us to sign him in the summer when he left hearts



 
 

25/3/2015 5:56 pm  #8


Re: summer signings

the scott allan situation is in black and white on here fae the stevie campbell q&a...he didn't want to leave..thats good enough for me

 

25/3/2015 5:56 pm  #9


Re: summer signings

Mannus, Allen, and O'Donnell would be a good start. For that to happen tho, there would have to be a good bit of wheeling and dealing with a few departures.

The likes of Gardyne, Graham, Watson, Oyenuga, 1 or 2 of the goalies, and possibly a few youths will be released so will free up some dosh so the squad could be overhauled. You can maybe even add Rankin, Dillon, Erskine, and Paton into that group. Ciftci will be offski too so I can see a huge turnover of staff in the summer.

Imo, we have missed the boat with Allen. We screwed that up in January unfortunately.

There are a couple of that ICT squad I would take in a heartbeat, and also 1 player I really like but probably no chance of signing is the boy O'Halloran at StJ.

One thing is for sure . . . .there is no way we can start a new season with the same squad.

 

25/3/2015 6:40 pm  #10


Re: summer signings

stobievulture wrote:

the scott allan situation is in black and white on here fae the stevie campbell q&a...he didn't want to leave..thats good enough for me

 S.C might take him to Celtic at the end o the season ,when he takes over septic youths ????

 

25/3/2015 6:49 pm  #11


Re: summer signings

Silver wrote:

Mannus, Allen, and O'Donnell would be a good start. For that to happen tho, there would have to be a good bit of wheeling and dealing with a few departures.

The likes of Gardyne, Graham, Watson, Oyenuga, 1 or 2 of the goalies, and possibly a few youths will be released so will free up some dosh so the squad could be overhauled. You can maybe even add Rankin, Dillon, Erskine, and Paton into that group. Ciftci will be offski too so I can see a huge turnover of staff in the summer.

Imo, we have missed the boat with Allen. We screwed that up in January unfortunately.

There are a couple of that ICT squad I would take in a heartbeat, and also 1 player I really like but probably no chance of signing is the boy O'Halloran at StJ.

One thing is for sure . . . .there is no way we can start a new season with the same squad.

agree bud....tbh i think its quite exciting when there's a lot going and coming in..gees you the buzz back pre season...kick starts the gossip again
 

 

25/3/2015 7:07 pm  #12


Re: summer signings

We need to rid of at least one of Rankin/Paton. We desperately need a new sitter for next season. 

Mannus should be brought in.I like O'donnel but I also like McGowan - we don't need two excellent right backs.

We have a HUGE wage bill. It needs shred to fuck.

Last edited by Waffelz (25/3/2015 7:08 pm)

 

25/3/2015 7:37 pm  #13


Re: summer signings

Waffelz wrote:

We have a HUGE wage bill. It needs shred to fuck.

 

Do we?

We have been cutting back on wages for years and with all the outgoings I'm sure McNamara will have a little more to play with wage wise.

Gardyne is rumoured to be on 2k p/w, add the wage of Rado, Graham, that would surely be upwards of 5k freed up.

 

25/3/2015 9:21 pm  #14


Re: summer signings

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Waffelz wrote:

We have a HUGE wage bill. It needs shred to fuck.

 

Do we?

We have been cutting back on wages for years and with all the outgoings I'm sure McNamara will have a little more to play with wage wise.

Gardyne is rumoured to be on 2k p/w, add the wage of Rado, Graham, that would surely be upwards of 5k freed up.

 

Wage bill is huge, think we will be in for a shock when we find out how much money is being spunked.

 

25/3/2015 9:32 pm  #15


Re: summer signings

Dillon will be away as well. He'll be one of top earners


Yeah yeah Industrial Estate
 

25/3/2015 9:36 pm  #16


Re: summer signings

HeggyHandshake wrote:

 

Wage bill is huge, think we will be in for a shock when we find out how much money is being spunked.

Paying 50k to sign a boy when we could have got him on a pre-contract anyway.

Wee things like that annoy me.That's a years wages on someone.
 

 

25/3/2015 9:51 pm  #17


Re: summer signings

TEK wrote:

HeggyHandshake wrote:

 

Wage bill is huge, think we will be in for a shock when we find out how much money is being spunked.

Paying 50k to sign a boy when we could have got him on a pre-contract anyway.

Wee things like that annoy me.That's a years wages on someone.
 

 

I'm sure it was only an initial £5k mate, rest is potential add ons.

Think they wanted him signed so he could 6 month full time training under his belt or 6 month playing 5 a sides...

 

25/3/2015 10:10 pm  #18


Re: summer signings

5k i can live with.

The BNB better be worth it though

 

25/3/2015 10:52 pm  #19


Re: summer signings

Stephen O'Donnell certainly is a good player going forward, but from wee bits I've seen he's a bit suspect as a defender. 

I see Tom Walsh mentioned: elsewhere (Mad) I reported he wasn't a stand out on loan at Stenhousemuir earlier this season, and appeared to lack fitness even at that level. Also, some reports have him having signed an extension for his Ibrox side until May 2017, however, transfer sites still have him out of contract in a couple of months.

I'd be very happy for United to sign Allan, but doubt I'll be ecstatic about that this summer.


 

 

25/3/2015 10:58 pm  #20


Re: summer signings

I think if Hibs don't come up, Allan will be away. Hopefully United will be back in for him if that's the case. I imagine others would also be though.

 

 

25/3/2015 11:08 pm  #21


Re: summer signings

As an aside, and not that I hold anything against Scott Allan, I was always confused by his part in the assaults on Danny Swanson and Barry Douglas. The reports seemed to suggest he was with the aggressors that night rather than Swanson, Douglas and Goodwillie, but I wonder if this was just poor reporting.

 

25/3/2015 11:13 pm  #22


Re: summer signings

really need players that will play football in the middle of the park rather than the three we have that try their best to protect the back 4 then get rid of it asap to a front four thats been ripped apart....any time we lose games this season its because the opposition have been brave enough to play further forward and pressure our weak point...not sit back and let us attack them

 

25/3/2015 11:21 pm  #23


Re: summer signings

PatReilly wrote:

As an aside, and not that I hold anything against Scott Allan, I was always confused by his part in the assaults on Danny Swanson and Barry Douglas. The reports seemed to suggest he was with the aggressors that night rather than Swanson, Douglas and Goodwillie, but I wonder if this was just poor reporting.

There was definitely another ex-United youth with the other mob that night so it's possible Allan could have been with them.

Can't remember the boy's name, Matt something? I used to work with his old man in Glasgow. I remember he had to fly out to Spain to bail the young lad out because he'd knocked out a Hibs youth in Magaluf or somewhere. United released him not long after. This was a year or two before the Goodwillie/Swanson incident.
 

 

25/3/2015 11:21 pm  #24


Re: summer signings

Matty Flynn.

 

25/3/2015 11:32 pm  #25


Re: summer signings

Trap_6 wrote:

Matty Flynn.

Yes, him. Reports at the time seemed to hint Scott Allan wasn't with the other three United players.

 

Board footera