Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/2/2015 11:29 pm  #26

Re: DUFC V's ICT - Tuesday 24th February 2015,7.45pm

stobievulture wrote:

absolute top drawer tonight regarding attitude and desire..was chuffed watching that...got fucking tore right in

Spot on. Enjoyed that tonight. Good bit of spirit. We'll need that for the cup games v them. Put in some shift. Great pressing. Wouldn't have known we'd had 10 men.

I'm quite happy to put boot into Paton but he played well tonight. Fojut immense in 2nd half.

Not sure about McGowan at CH but not going to criticise anyone tonight

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

24/2/2015 11:35 pm  #27

McGowan caught out too often 1st half but was much better 2nd half. If fact, it looks like Jackie got them telt to start attacking high balls and it made a big difference.

I felt much more positive after tonight, nuch better and showed real battling qualities. Good stuff.

Too much commotion

24/2/2015 11:40 pm  #28

Best performance of season for me after all the shite that happened after the semi

24/2/2015 11:49 pm  #29

Show that sort of fight and keep 11 on the park and we will win most games. Defence actually played as a unit 2nd half which was good to see. Shifty should have buried the chance when he was through. If he'd taken a touch he could have picked his spot. Ach well. Entertaining game for decent crowd under the lights. What football should be like.

Too much commotion

24/2/2015 11:51 pm  #30

huntedbyafreak wrote:

Best performance of season for me after all the shite that happened after the semi

agree..positive as fuck after that...get morris in for Dillon and oor back 4 will look the damage...lad muirhead looks like a young Duncan fergie and Anier will come good imo...happy days

24/2/2015 11:53 pm  #31

Night and day from Saturday  attitude /  desire wise. 
deserved the win in the end, great fighting spirit shown and the chances were there to win it.

Ref as usual was awful, how did that caber tossing cunt stay on after the foul on dickers at start of 2nd half?

Finally anyone here John Hughes on radio after the game. Holy fuck!!!!

24/2/2015 11:56 pm  #32

Ye much better, bossed that game in large parts and showed great spirit after the shocker of Saturday! If Butcher doesn't get a new contract I'll no be back the boy
put some shift in again!

We know we're not World beaters but if you show willing and put a shift in we'll back you all the way as tonight showed.

24/2/2015 11:57 pm  #33

As usual guilty of having tangy tinted specs, but I thought the victim in the penalty incident was about a yard off leading up to it.

Very, very proud of my team tonight but the sad lasting memory is one of total incompetence of all 3 officials.

Calum Murray has now been awarded my "most gullible ref of the season award" (by a fucking country mile). Dowser gets fouled but doesn't go down and doesn't get the FK. Their players are dropping like flies or sniper victims and get a FK every fucking time. Sadly I must admit I was criticising Dowser for not going down but that is due to rank officiating and not the desertion of fair play/sportsmanship we are renowned for (although we are certainly too nice right now).

Seems to me that Scottish refs, cos Gollum was the same on Saturday, are actually condoning the actions/style of play that "typical" Scottish teams are vilified for while punishing the the more honest/artistic.

At the same time ICT were great going forward and it could be that horrible balance between ugly and beautiful.

But I'll have beautiful with a tiny hint of ugly anytime.

25/2/2015 12:00 am  #34

Butcher should be giving a new contract on the strength of that petfomance. The fans will forgive any lack of quality if they see the desire we saw tonight

25/2/2015 12:06 am  #35

anyone see Butcher after the goal? was like he was after the goal at hampden...going mental on his own...that laddies attitude is 100% bang on

25/2/2015 12:10 am  #36

stobievulture wrote:

huntedbyafreak wrote:

agree..positive as fuck after that...get morris in for Dillon and oor back 4 will look the damage...lad muirhead looks like a young Duncan fergie and Anier will come good imo...happy days

Agree almost 100% but Morris can't play RB, so does McGowan (who was very dodgy at RB on Saturday) retake Dillo's place, or does he retain his place at CB after a very good showing with Fojut?

Wha wid be Jackie?

Well impressed with first sight of Muirhead and similar thoughts crossed my mind but I saw him more as a Steven Thompson with a football brain.

25/2/2015 12:15 am  #37

Beharder wrote:

Butcher should be giving a new contract on the strength of that petfomance. The fans will forgive any lack of quality if they see the desire we saw tonight

Don't see any lack of quality, he's actually been a revelation in mid. Great admirer of Ranks and Pates but Butch would be pencilled in before either right now.

25/2/2015 12:45 am  #38

I don't want to be critical because overall I thought Butcher played well but how much space was their midfield getting to play balls through to Watkins? It was instantly obvious he had pace to burn over our two centre halves. The midfield were giving them acres to play.

It got better in the second half but the young lad Christie in particular was getting so much space.

25/2/2015 1:28 am  #39

Thank fuck, some positive posts and finally some positive interaction between the fans and our players 

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

25/2/2015 1:48 am  #40

Great fight the night lads! 
Ref's aren't bias, however they are fucking gash.
For me Butcher has now done enough to be first choice holding mid and to get a contract extention.
I don't think I've ever seen a McNamara team fight so hard, give that every week and we'll be a tough team to beat.

25/2/2015 2:01 am  #41

Just home....now that is more like it Dundee United!!

As stated above great fighting spirit tonight (literally at times).

How did everyone view the penalty?I honestly thought (tangerine tinted specs aff) that Szromnik was hard done by.YES there was contact,but only the merest of hands on the lad Watkins hip.Certainly not enough to make him sprawl on the deck the way he did imo.Simulation,cheating whatever you want to call it...i thought it was soft and he made the most of it.For us to also suffer the double penalty of being a man down was very harsh.

Didn't get the crowds reaction booing McNamara for subbying Erskine tbh.Sure it was dissapointing to see him go off,but what was he meant to do?It had to be one of the 3 attacking mf's and i guess he thought Connolly and Dow had more legs,which as we were a man down was going to be pretty important.I think he made the correct decision.

Referee gave them so many meaningless little 50/50 fouls and i thought in the 2nd half lost the plot a bit tbh.Linesmen never helped him much tbh.There were a number of fould by them that went unpunished so Hughes radio comments after the game just strike me as sour grapes tbh  after our 10 men completely bossed them.

Thought the back 4 did look more settled the longer the game went on.If i'm nit-picking i was a bit dissapointed with Dixon.His free kick near the end fucking ludicrous.

Paton and Butcher were smashing.

Nads and Dow ran themselves into the ground.And i'll have some of what Stobes has been drinking if he thinks Muirhead's the new Big Dunc lol.I thought he put in a decent wee cameo though (as did Sir Henri of Anier).

No real failures tonight but i do wonder looking at Dillon struggling at Right Back what Keith Watson did to deserve being so unceremoniously dumped.

Szromnik - 1 Unlucky to be sent off and felt sorry for the lad.Hope we see him get another chance at some point.Nightmare start to his Utd career.

Dillon - 5 Club legend and great servant but as soon as Morris is fit he takes a seat on the bench for me.Thought he looked a bit shaky first half and some clearances nearly put us in the shit.Thankfully settled a bit 2nd half.

McGowan - 8 Good solid match.One great challenge to prevent them going 2-0 up and goodnight.Good finish for the goal and LOVED his joy when scoring.Liking him a lot.

Fojut - 7 Would header a brick.Excellent tonight.

Dixon - 5 Bit dissapointing for me,bar one excellent cross 2nd half..No quite happening for him at the moment.I'm sure he'll come good soon though.

Paton - 7 Great shift and showed the desire for the badge that we need from all 11.

Butcher - 6 Another good display fae Butch.We are gonna offer him a new contract?Surely ?

Erskine - 1 Harsh sub but the right one imo.Bit of a strop at the dug outs,anyone else see that?

Connolly - 6 Tough night being one of the attackers as we were a man down for practically the whole match.Gave 100% though and also tracked back well.He'll have better nights but he'll do for me.

Dow - 7 Great shift from Dowser,absolutely ran himself into the ground.Also showed the desire tonight i want to see from him much more often.It's time for him to make that jersey his own.

Ciftci - 7 Excellent shift tonight.Often had 3 men on him but fought his corner well and used the ball intelligently.Should have done better with the 2 chances he had but we definitely look a more potent attacking force when Nads spearheads the attack.No more fucking about please Jackie.When he's fit he has to be the main striker.

Subs -

Rado - 6 Never had much to do but dealt with everything solidly enough.Very good save fae their free kick near the end,which was fair travelling.Glad he kept a 'clean sheet' so to speak.He looked fucking fizzing when he came on though imo.

Muirhead - 6 Showed good hunger

Anier - 6 Decent wee cameo.Unlucky not to see more of the ball because he was looking much sharper tonight and looked hungry too.

Last point who will be the sub Goalie against Partick ?Can we recall McCallum?

25/2/2015 2:03 am  #42

Oh and well done the fans too.

Really got behind the team tonight and i'm sure that played a big part in the lads fighting like fuck.

25/2/2015 7:59 am  #43

It was a pen and a red, about the only thing the ref got right all night. The boy did make a meal of it tho.

agree it had to be erskine going off too.  Rarely does he last past the hour mark, so 10 vs 11 wasnt really the game for him. Its unfortunate but was the right call.

Last edited by The Shed (25/2/2015 8:01 am)

25/2/2015 9:52 am  #44

Amazin how 10 men can play better than 11. Looked like a penalty to me, but guys to the left of me saying that Scrooge and Marley dived. Need to wait and see on that one.

By far the better team tonight, and thought we deserved the win.

MOTM for me me was Dowser. Run about like a blue-arsed-flee. Paton was a changed man last night.

Oficials were utter p1sh. The number of times that they didn't flag who's throw it was until the Ref pointed. He was a useless chunt an all. Bottled booking Ravin 2nd time. GF linesman missed umpteen handballs in the 1st half alone and there was 1 instance where he didn't flag offside, and the teuchters player was about 4 yards off. Could see that from the middle of the GF. He took some pelters.

Only issue I had was think he should've took Connolly off instead of Squid, mainly coz of the height advantage. You could see him struggling to get to the high balls.

EDIT
to ask WTF happened getween Shifty and the teuchter at the end. All I saw was the linesman comin on, Right caffuffle. Phucked up the injury time as well.

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (25/2/2015 10:11 am)

25/2/2015 10:39 am  #45

Stonewall penalty and the referee had no other choice than red, shame for the young pole, he'll be distraught but this will be a true test of his character now to see how he recovers which could shape him or break him at Tannadice.
The Erskine substitution. Disappointed at the reaction from our supporters on this occasion as i was when probably the same drama queens sarcastically jeered him off the park early on in his Tannadice career. The manager had a decision to make on both occasions and a some respect shown would go a long way imo. I noticed Erskine wasn't happy too but it had to be him, Dow or Connolly and i believe the same reaction by the same supporters and the players would have followed with only the players being justified. On that note did you see the look our Club Captain gave the boo boys in the George Fox when the half time whistle blew thankfully our Team and our Supporters came out for the 2nd half totally rejuvenated (could this be due to the splendid new soup and stovies stall ) and for 45 minutes i was really proud of both again. 

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

25/2/2015 12:50 pm  #46

Read quite a few people say the soup and stovies was good

25/2/2015 6:39 pm  #47

At the time I thought Erskine was wrong subbie but considering he rarely lasts 90mins think that's why I'm not in Jackies job.

Pen was a pen so probably a red card. Stupid rule though. Punished twice. Would gladly see it binned

25/2/2015 10:38 pm  #48

huntedbyafreak wrote:

At the time I thought Erskine was wrong subbie but considering he rarely lasts 90mins think that's why I'm not in Jackies job.

Pen was a pen so probably a red card. Stupid rule though. Punished twice. Would gladly see it binned

Agree we this bud...penalised goal in these situations would be a better rule.

25/2/2015 10:42 pm  #49

Brian_Laws wrote:

huntedbyafreak wrote:

Agree we this bud...penalised goal in these situations would be a better rule.

You can also bet that if we get a 1 v 1 v Celtic in one of these cup games and Gordon pulls someone down he wont get sent off

25/2/2015 11:30 pm  #50

TEK -Dixon will get better.

Oh, what came of the things we once believed?

Board footera