Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/2/2015 5:50 pm  #1

Ragdolled by Tommy Wright's St.Johnstone

AGAIN.

Sixth time in just over a year.SIXTH fucking time.

Saint fucking Johnstone.

Fuck off Jackie,absolute pish.

21/2/2015 6:09 pm  #2

Re: Ragdolled by Tommy Wright's St.Johnstone

McGowan: big reputation. Been absolute shite. More abuse to follow.

Too much commotion

21/2/2015 6:43 pm  #3

Theres been some great stuff under Jackie, theres been some poor stuff and then theres that today.

Absolutely shocking all round. Roll on Tuesday cos it cant be that bad again.

21/2/2015 6:58 pm  #4

lifesanocean wrote:

Keith Watson set up 2 of Hibs goals today btw.

21/2/2015 7:08 pm  #5

Szmornik.            2
Did the impossible made rado look safe
McGowan.           5
Put in the only hard tackle of the game
Dillon 3
Too nice to play centre half
Fojut.       6
Won headers at least looked like he was angry to lose
Dixon.     5
One of the few whose2nd touch was not a tackle
Rankin.   2
Almost feel sorry for him what is he good at
Paton.    2
Murder 1st touch just happy to kick it the way he is facing
Butcher 4
Little impact but one of the few able to stand up physically to St
Dow.   1
Can't remember him doing anything
Ciftci. 5
Possibly the only player who had a shot on target
Anier 3
Little impact  on the game

The team yet again showed that when it comes down to a battle their just not hard enough

21/2/2015 7:44 pm  #6

Dixon hit the first man with every corner. Fojut is shite. Rankin is finished. Paton is shite, Anier is shite. Spittal is beyond shite. You beat St Johnstone with width and 2 up top. If I can see that why cant the manager????

Last edited by lifesanocean (21/2/2015 9:43 pm)

Too much commotion

21/2/2015 8:37 pm  #7

Beharder wrote:

Szmornik.            2
McGowan.           5
Dillon 3
Fojut.       6
Dixon.     5
Rankin.   2
Paton.    2
Butcher 4
Dow.   1
Ciftci. 5
Anier 3

The team yet again showed that when it comes down to a battle their just not hard enough

Hate knee jerk criticism but quite hard to argue with that tbh

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

21/2/2015 10:05 pm  #8

lifesanocean wrote:

great poster..totally disagree...oor best pleyer today by a country mile..imo

21/2/2015 10:15 pm  #9

Beharder wrote:

Szmornik.            2
McGowan.           5
Dillon 3
Fojut.       6
Dixon.     5
Rankin.   2
Paton.    2
Butcher 4
Dow.   1
Ciftci. 5
Anier 3

Slightly different opinion, but on the whole no much difference.

Johnies had 3 shots on target. One of them Strongman saved in the 2nd half, but the other 2 they score from. Question is would Rado have managed to save them.

McaGowan lost possession to many times man to man.

Paton was abyssmal. When it wasnt hoofball, which was a total phuvkin waste, it was pass the parcel in whatever direction he was facing.

Dowser didna contribute an awful lot but made a 1 or 2 good runs.

Shifty made a couple of attempts 2nd half, buf otherwise was heavily marked.

Henri the Eighth doesna look fully match fit.

WTF was Erskne no on (instead of Paton for instance).

Rankin and Dillon both struggled.

Game picked up a bit when subs came on esp. when the First Aiden Man came on, but dont understand why he kept Paton on.

Spittal struggled for pace. You could see that when he was chasing.

We didnt seem to be able to string more than 1 or 2 passes together for large parts of the game, and at the same time there were periods when we couldnt even get the ball off the Johnies who were playing pass after pass. Although it pains me to say this, if we play like this agaihst certain teams who we are up against in the near future, we'll be anhialated.

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (21/2/2015 10:17 pm)

21/2/2015 10:24 pm  #10

ps absolutely great servants but dillon and rankin are finished.....totally finished

21/2/2015 10:30 pm  #11

stobievulture wrote:

ps absolutely great servants but dillon and rankin are finished.....totally finished

Sadly i agree.

22/2/2015 12:08 pm  #12

stobievulture wrote:

lifesanocean wrote:

No worries, I've calmed down now. The lack of a settled back 4 is not helping anyone at the moment and is pissing me right off.

McGowan hasn't lived up to my expectations but its early days and he's had no pre-season.

Too much commotion

22/2/2015 12:34 pm  #13

difference between us and st johnstone is familiarity and will to win

half the teams that come to tannadice i couldn't tell you half of their line up...st johnstone back 4 rolls aff the tounge...mckay,Anderson,wright and easton..a mair horrible back 4 i don't think you'll find anywhere but by fuck do they ken how to get stuck in....whaur the fuck is oor leaders? whaur the fuck is the fist pumping and shouting when the chips are down?

ken this...i was saying to my mate at the game yesterday...we've never had that...never had that scott brown in the middle of the park...even back in the glory days we fented when the going got tough...never won the trophies Aberdeen did cause simpson,cooper,rougvie miller and mcleish simply stood up and were counted...even when we won stuff we limped over the line bar the cup win v the fun
The one player we had, that fucking got tore in to everycunt when it was needed was Andy webster...and he drove us to a cup final then won it....see boys like that...gee me them every fucking day of the week over soft touches...jmac was right to speak up about desire,,,but its up to him to install it...or buy it....

sort it..before we have people turning away again...we've built momentum this last 5 years...hope to fuck we keep it up cause i see cracks appearing

22/2/2015 12:54 pm  #14

The lack of pace in the team post-Armstrong/GMS seems quite startling in the 3 games so far (well the 2 i've seen).

We never once yesterday played a ball in behind their defence.Presumably because despite their back 4's lack of pace none of our players fancied beating them over a 50 foot sprint.

I really feel pace was a huge part of our game and it could be a far more pedestrian Utd were going to have to suffer fae now to May.

I hope i'm wrong and we can overcome this,but i too see massive cracks appearing in the team sadly.

The most worrying aspect for me is players body language at present.

22/2/2015 1:12 pm  #15

lifesanocean wrote:

stobievulture wrote:

lifesanocean wrote:

No worries, I've calmed down now. The lack of a settled back 4 is not helping anyone at the moment and is pissing me right off.

McGowan hasn't lived up to my expectations but its early days and he's had no pre-season.

Agreed. Hacked off just as much as the next person, especially as it is yet another defeat to St.Johnstone.

McGowan will come good. Not fully fit, not much in the way of match sharpness, trying to find his place in an unsettled defence (some self inflicted, some circumstance) without a keeper behind you barking orders. He's only 25 and will still have ambition beyond United. 

Dickers falls into the same bracket. Both are pro's and once up to speed they will be good players for us. 

The current keeper situation does slightly worry me, Rado's confidence is shot to fuck and it can create a vicous cycle, nervous keeper -> nervous defence, nervous defence -> nervous keeper. Coaching staff need to get a hold of the situation, throwing on an under experience keeper who may not be up to the task will only worsen the situation. It has been our weakest area for a long time, do we need to look at our defence coaching?

Our form has been inconsistent, and I think Armstrong leaving has added to the teams lack of confidence more than we care to admit, in addition to loosing a great player. In the past I have been surprised by the teams ability to bouce back after losing players year on year, particuarly as they are our core players. We are hitting a dip and although some of this can be put down to Jackies tinkering and failure to address the goalkeeping/defence situation, I think a poor run of form is invitable when key players are sold off. I do think it will turn around with Dickers and McGowan coming in, however possibly not soon enough to get a euro spot.  

However that said, it still rankles that we have lost to St.Johnstone, again! Jackie please employ a different approach! Unfortunetly some teams will have your number - concede this, do your homework, find a different approach and progress. Some of our biggest away supports are at Lego Block park, they won't keep turning up if we are consistently beaten by an ordinary outfit.

Also as much as I enjoy listening to Cosgrove, there is a smugness to him since they have been our bogey team. Need to turn them over, pronto. 

22/2/2015 1:16 pm  #16

stobievulture wrote:

difference between us and st johnstone is familiarity and will to win

half the teams that come to tannadice i couldn't tell you half of their line up...st johnstone back 4 rolls aff the tounge...mckay,Anderson,wright and easton..a mair horrible back 4 i don't think you'll find anywhere but by fuck do they ken how to get stuck in....whaur the fuck is oor leaders? whaur the fuck is the fist pumping and shouting when the chips are down?

ken this...i was saying to my mate at the game yesterday...we've never had that...never had that scott brown in the middle of the park...even back in the glory days we fented when the going got tough...never won the trophies Aberdeen did cause simpson,cooper,rougvie miller and mcleish simply stood up and were counted...even when we won stuff we limped over the line bar the cup win v the fun
The one player we had, that fucking got tore in to everycunt when it was needed was Andy webster...and he drove us to a cup final then won it....see boys like that...gee me them every fucking day of the week over soft touches...jmac was right to speak up about desire,,,but its up to him to install it...or buy it....

sort it..before we have people turning away again...we've built momentum this last 5 years...hope to fuck we keep it up cause i see cracks appearing

This is true, I remember Webster going ape shit at danny cadamarteri after full time in the semi vs Raith. We were in the final and he still was not happy, we need this. 

22/2/2015 2:20 pm  #17

The thing that summed it up for me was when Fraser Wright cleaned out keeper. Our senior pros should have been right at his throat after that. They just turned and got back into position. Too nice.

No new deal for Dillon for me and if I thought we could bin Rankin I'd let him go as well.

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

22/2/2015 2:44 pm  #18

huntedbyafreak wrote:

The thing that summed it up for me was when Fraser Wright cleaned out keeper. Our senior pros should have been right at his throat after that. They just turned and got back into position. Too nice.

No new deal for Dillon for me and if I thought we could bin Rankin I'd let him go as well.

B said the very same to me at the game...should have been the whole team round the prick after that..but nut..fuck all

22/2/2015 3:32 pm  #19

Bullied by an average side. They played better football than us as well

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

22/2/2015 4:27 pm  #20

Its been my biggest complaint for 40 years that we are always too lightweight. Has anyone ever seen united win a match that has been a physical battle on a poor pitch.

22/2/2015 4:59 pm  #21

When I saw the line up yesterday at 2pm I quickly text my gambling friends to get St.Johnstone +1. They were most pleased. 

What a strange tactic to play against St. Johnstone, what a strange team selection to play against St. Johnstone and what a strange overall playing style to select against St. Johnstone.

We all know what they do and how they play. We've struggled against them in the middle of the park with five, so clearly the solution is to only play three? To play with no width against a slow team? To completely bypass the middle of the park with long balls to two wee shites and a guy who's not great in the air against a very well orgainsed defence, who pride themselves on winning loose balls. Amateur stuff. 

Rankin is done at the club and is miles behind the other option at the club this season, I said last year Rankin should only get a one year deal, he's fuck all to play for this season and it's shown on the park(Celtic at home excluded, but he is a Rangers fan). 

Telfer has to play for the rest of the season now. Paton and Butcher battle for the other position with Butcher a head in terms of form atm. 

Dillion should never play CB again, if we need slot McGowan in there, both were bad yesterday and both could have switched at any point. 

Boy do we miss the Morris and Fojut partnership. 

The only positives to take for yesterday for me was Anier looking a bit sharper, although he had a torrid day competing for balls he was never going to win, he gave 100% and Connolly looked good when he came on although about a half an hour late.

I understand him making changes to personal with a game on Tuesday but changing the shape and playing style was suicide. 

22/2/2015 5:07 pm  #22

the formation i actually agreed with...imho 2 protecting the back never works v celtic and  with two massive games coming up v them i was glad he trialed the 3 and 2 aff the striker instead of three...i've been his biggest critic for never changing it...canna complain he tried something different v a team we canna beat...

I'd never have played Dow v them...he's always gonna struggle v physical teams...to lightweight

agree though about Rankin and Dillon...totally finished as far as i'm concerned...especially rankin

i'm liking Anier...he's a 100%'ter...right service he could be a top player

22/2/2015 5:18 pm  #23

1/1/2015 wrote:

When I saw the line up yesterday at 2pm I quickly text my gambling friends to get St.Johnstone +1. They were most pleased. 

What a strange tactic to play against St. Johnstone, what a strange team selection to play against St. Johnstone and what a strange overall playing style to select against St. Johnstone.

We all know what they do and how they play. We've struggled against them in the middle of the park with five, so clearly the solution is to only play three? To play with no width against a slow team? To completely bypass the middle of the park with long balls to two wee shites and a guy who's not great in the air against a very well orgainsed defence, who pride themselves on winning loose balls. Amateur stuff. 

Rankin is done at the club and is miles behind the other option at the club this season, I said last year Rankin should only get a one year deal, he's fuck all to play for this season and it's shown on the park(Celtic at home excluded, but he is a Rangers fan). 

Telfer has to play for the rest of the season now. Paton and Butcher battle for the other position with Butcher a head in terms of form atm. 

Dillion should never play CB again, if we need slot McGowan in there, both were bad yesterday and both could have switched at any point. 

Boy do we miss the Morris and Fojut partnership. 

The only positives to take for yesterday for me was Anier looking a bit sharper, although he had a torrid day competing for balls he was never going to win, he gave 100% and Connolly looked good when he came on although about a half an hour late.

I understand him making changes to personal with a game on Tuesday but changing the shape and playing style was suicide. 

John Rankin isn't a Rangers fan mate.

Board footera