Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/2/2015 12:42 am  #1

rado..

...Serious here what the fuck is wrong with this cunt?

15/2/2015 12:47 am  #2

Re: rado..

Never rated him.

Sooner he takes his vodka drinking arse outta Tannadice the better.

15/2/2015 9:54 am  #3

he makes good saves but loses bad goals, i question the goalkeeping coach at tannadice as he has got worse not better since he joined us.

you can only hope he has a performance in the league cup final similiar to guido in 94, as guido also lost bad goals despite some amazing saves, but was immense on that occasion

15/2/2015 11:35 am  #4

The defence have no confidence in him which is leadng to the ridiculous nature of their 2nd and 3rd goals where Dillon is in his road trying to do rado's job for him.

Does Nicky Weaver have a club this days?????

Too much commotion

15/2/2015 11:40 am  #5

lifesanocean wrote:

The defence have no confidence in him which is leadng to the ridiculous nature of their 2nd and 3rd goals where Dillon is in his road trying to do rado's job for him.

Does Nicky Weaver have a club this days?????

agree with that mate, a lot of indecision fae our defenders this season have led to goals and them looking silly...most of they mistakes have happened because they dinna ken what the fucks happening next behind them...imo

15/2/2015 12:28 pm  #6

It's like there's two Rado's.

He's either immense like he was v Dundee and Hibs in the League Cup or he's a complete liability.

I really like the guy and I feel bad for him because he's certainly not the only person making errors but unfortunately it's almost every match now he's costing us a goal or failing to prevent an easy one.

We have taken in what? 7 million in transfer's this season? But haven't thought to bring in real competetition for no.1 Jersey.I find that bizarre as this was an issue even last season.

It's not just Rado though.

WTF is Dillon playing at at goals 1+3 yesterday? Peddling back to get in Rado's way for the third yin is so frustrating and preventable.Threw away so many points this season due to some frankly ridiculous decision making.

15/2/2015 1:19 pm  #7

"He's a good shot-stopper" aye! So is my six-a-side keeper. Every keeper should be a good shot stopper at the very minimum. 

The thing with Rado is he's a confidence keeper. See his run after his penalty save in the LC vs the fun and his run when we were scoring four for fun last season. 

So does the blame fall completely at Rado's feet? I think not. There's a massive thing being over-looked by many arabs I feel, our coaches are pish when it comes to defence. 

Under Houston we tried zonal marking and it never worked so when JMac came along we stopped it. The biggest issue  for me was; zonal marking is used at the biggest clubs in the world and imo is the better marking system, it was not the system that was the problem it was the preparation. 

Then after maybe a year or so of JMac everyone called for a no-nonsense defender and fair play JMac got two really good no-nonsense defenders for this level. However we see the same goals go in week after week. We can't defend a set-plays, we panic when the ball comes in our final third and the back five reek of no confidence. For me this is an issue that needs dealt with at St.Andrews. 

Last edited by 1/1/2015 (15/2/2015 1:23 pm)

15/2/2015 6:09 pm  #8

1/1/2015 wrote:

"He's a good shot-stopper" aye! So is my six-a-side keeper. Every keeper should be a good shot stopper at the very minimum. 

The thing with Rado is he's a confidence keeper. See his run after his penalty save in the LC vs the fun and his run when we were scoring four for fun last season. 

So does the blame fall completely at Rado's feet? I think not. There's a massive thing being over-looked by many arabs I feel, our coaches are pish when it comes to defence. 

Under Houston we tried zonal marking and it never worked so when JMac came along we stopped it. The biggest issue  for me was; zonal marking is used at the biggest clubs in the world and imo is the better marking system, it was not the system that was the problem it was the preparation. 

Then after maybe a year or so of JMac everyone called for a no-nonsense defender and fair play JMac got two really good no-nonsense defenders for this level. However we see the same goals go in week after week. We can't defend a set-plays, we panic when the ball comes in our final third and the back five reek of no confidence. For me this is an issue that needs dealt with at St.Andrews. 

Great post.

The back 7 do not play as a unit. The centre halves don't trust Rado and certainly dont communicate with him. When we play up against a big striker like yesterday and last week we just rely on our ch's winning the ball and if they dont we are in big trouble because no-one helps the centre half out to try and pick up the second ball, ie the other centre half doesnt sweep in behind, the full back doesnt tuck in or the holding midfielders dont get in front of the striker to put pressure on and pick up the scraps.

Instead, we just allow the centre halves to drop ridiculously deep causing the front 4 and Ciftci in particular to be totally isolated. We also start to resort to aimless punts from back to front when the game gets stretched. When Andy Robbo was here he could bridge that gap with his running power but we've not got that outball anymore.

I would love to see Craig Levein spend a few weeks with our defence and holding midfielders.

Last edited by lifesanocean (15/2/2015 7:02 pm)

Too much commotion

15/2/2015 6:25 pm  #9

The problem is that Rado and the back 4 really don't communicate.

I've noticed in games in the past 2 years that you never see Rado shout or try and guide defenders positionally.When he first came to the club and we were keeping clean sheets he was ott when it came to communicating.Mind he was nearly fighting with Flood+Gunning in consecutive weeks?

He has to get a bit of that snarl back,but controlled agression.Not pointing the finger or screaming at people in an accusatory manner...more encouragement and trying to gee people up.

He and the back 4 are still just too nice at times.

Like yesterday for example.Although Dilllon gets in his way Rado shouldn't be so fazed by his prescence as to completely go to sleep the way he does.

Big Sieb would have wiped Dillon oot.

16/2/2015 2:51 pm  #10

we need Soapy In front of the defence to bring the ball out and take pressure off the team.

16/2/2015 3:07 pm  #11

TEK wrote:

I've noticed in games in the past 2 years that you never see Rado shout or try and guide defenders positionally.When he first came to the club and we were keeping clean sheets he was ott when it came to communicating.Mind he was nearly fighting with Flood+Gunning in consecutive weeks?

He has to get a bit of that snarl back,but controlled agression.Not pointing the finger or screaming at people in an accusatory manner...more encouragement and trying to gee people up.

Like yesterday for example.Although Dilllon gets in his way Rado shouldn't be so fazed by his prescence as to completely go to sleep the way he does.

That is totally correct TEK, i mind when he fist came in he was going mental when we lost a goal but now he couldn't give a shit! just picks the ball out the net and on we go!

He is too quick to come for balls which he will never get to and ends up flapping about like a duck with a lemon up it's arse!

Unfortunatly i think we are stuck with his till the end of the season and just need to hope that in the cup games be stays on his line and lets the defence defend.

16/2/2015 3:44 pm  #12

RogerTheAlien wrote:

we need Soapy In front of the defence to bring the ball out and take pressure off the team.

Yeah because that was working when we were conceding more when he was in the team.

16/2/2015 11:10 pm  #13

Mass Debates wrote:

TEK wrote:

That is totally correct TEK, i mind when he fist came in he was going mental when we lost a goal but now he couldn't give a shit! just picks the ball out the net and on we go!

He is too quick to come for balls which he will never get to and ends up flapping about like a duck with a lemon up it's arse!

Unfortunately i think we are stuck with his till the end of the season and just need to hope that in the cup games he stays on his line and lets the defence defend.

This ^^^^ 100%, for me, and I can only imagine McCallum is staying at Arbroath until the end of the season because he fell out with either Hinchliffe or Jackie.

From what I've seen, and I'm no goalkeeping expert, he's miles ahead of the other 4 and, right now, marginally ahead of Rado.

But we can't play him.

16/2/2015 11:20 pm  #14

TEK wrote:

Rado hid behind zonal marking then blaming others, then was unleashed with manmarking and dominated his box.

Since then, he's increased his bombscare moments outside the box (18yd btw) and forgot to defend his goal.

For wiping out, see McCallum v Dons (and that wasn't our own player). Great shotstopper but really a fanny at times and my benefit of doubt with tangy specs has kinda diminished.

16/2/2015 11:54 pm  #15

I seen mccallum a few times pre seasom 2013 and thought he done well

17/2/2015 12:41 am  #16

Altough he had a couple of dodgy moments in his solitary first team game,i really liked the look of McCallum.

He looked like a brave keeper who would defend his box with his life.

I think Bugs could be correct and there's been a fall-out of some kind.He tweeted he was 'delighted to be back at Arbroath'.I cannae see how the lad cannae be anything other than gutted he's not had a few first team game this season.He played half the games during pre-season remember.

17/2/2015 8:21 am  #17

TEK wrote:

Altough he had a couple of dodgy moments in his solitary first team game,i really liked the look of McCallum.

He looked like a brave keeper who would defend his box with his life.

I think Bugs could be correct and there's been a fall-out of some kind.He tweeted he was 'delighted to be back at Arbroath'.I cannae see how the lad cannae be anything other than gutted he's not had a few first team game this season.He played half the games during pre-season remember.

What players tweet and what they mean arent always the same thing. 
Dont think theres been a fallout, they just think Rados the man for now. Taking his competition away is strange tho, could understand it if he was having a fantastic season, but hes not.

17/2/2015 9:20 am  #18

Well the Club are aware of what's 'doin the rounds' regarding Rado (no that that's a surprise), coz Simon Donnelly was on the radio this morning saying that we shouldna be pointing the finger at any 1 player, as they win as a team, and lose as a team.

17/2/2015 10:18 am  #19

Even the press are starting to say that he needs to be dropped.

Too much commotion

17/2/2015 10:19 am  #20

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Well the Club are aware of what's 'doin the rounds' regarding Rado (no that that's a surprise), coz Simon Donnelly was on the radio this morning saying that we shouldna be pointing the finger at any 1 player, as they win as a team, and lose as a team.

He has possibly been the most criticised player this season yet is still on the team sheet before anyone else week in week out. Said it the other day and say it again i doubt they have any or much faith in the other goalkeepers on the books.

has hinchcliffe been the problem? 

17/2/2015 2:05 pm  #21

Where is our other Polish goalie Szromnik? Is he any good, really don't know much about him as don't hear much said about him. This alone though may tell me all I need to know mind you.

Last edited by Hamiltonarab (17/2/2015 2:06 pm)

17/2/2015 2:44 pm  #22

Hamiltonarab wrote:

Where is our other Polish goalie Szromnik? Is he any good, really don't know much about him as don't hear much said about him. This alone though may tell me all I need to know mind you.

tbh im not sure if he has been getting development league games

18/2/2015 10:41 pm  #23

bowers wrote:

Hamiltonarab wrote:

tbh im not sure if he has been getting development league games

He has been, without impressing.

19/2/2015 7:13 am  #24

I did hear a couple months back that he hasnt been what they thought

19/2/2015 10:23 am  #25

I've only seen Szromnik fae Arabzone highlights but have to say he looked poor going by that.

There was one game i watched he flapped at about 3 corners and looked a bit like Rado tbh.

I've also seen shots i thought 'he should have got a hand to that'.

Have a feeling he'll be punted along with Zwick in the Summer.

Board footera