Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/6/2017 6:22 pm  #26

Re: General Election 2017

This is phuckin amazin is it no. Scotland votes not to be governed by its own people - fellow Scots. But now the Scots are gonna find themselves being governed by people from Northern Ireland.

09/6/2017 7:45 pm  #27

So the party who want English votes for English laws are now propped up by their Scottish MP's and a bunch of Irish bellends to pass any laws. You honestly couldn't make this shit up.

new Tory PM in Angus for me so we'll see how that pans out. Hopefully her massive farming family will not miss her too much.

09/6/2017 8:23 pm  #28

SlatefordArab wrote:

Beharder wrote:

SlatefordArab wrote:

Scottish Labour encourage people to vote Tory in seats where Labour could not win.  SNP lose a number of seats as a result of this tactical voting.  If the SNP still had those seats, Corbyn would be sitting in No. 10 right now.

Good old Scottish Labour.

I think the SNP lost 21 seats due to two reasons

1 The majority of Scottish voters do not want indyref2
2 10 yrs of utter incompetent government is catching up with them.

There is no evidence to back up that claim. The Labour vote increased in many seats where they had no chance of victory.

the main issue Slateford is there handling of education. Standards are slipping at an alarming rate 4000 fewer teachers under the snp  the changes Swinney is bulldozing through are making it worse. Sturgeon said education was her top priority and she said judge me on my record on education 1000s just have

Utter incompetence?  I'm not a nationalist by any means, I view the SNP as a means to an end, however they have delivered more for Scotland in the last 10 years than Scottish Labour ever have or ever will.

Scottish Labour are the definition of the word incompetence. 

09/6/2017 10:16 pm  #29

The SNPs achievements in Government: Free tuition, free prescriptions, ending hospital parking charges (apart from Ninewells) and ending bridge tolls were all put in place nearly 10 years ago. I am genuinely struggling to pick out anything they have done since then that has been laudable.

Last edited by lifesanocean (09/6/2017 10:26 pm)

Too much commotion

09/6/2017 10:24 pm  #30

lifesanocean wrote:

The SNPs achievements in Government: Free tuition, free prescriptions, ending hospital parking charges (apart from Ninewells) and ending bridge tolls were all put in place nearly 10 years ago. I am. genuinely struggling to pick anything they have done since then.

Partly because the budget is being squeezed further by mitigating uk govt cuts.  If they didn't have to do so they may have progressed other things further.  The fact they have done this is something they have done, but it only looks like keeping things the same.

I don't think they're perfect, far from it, but they are still the best option in Scotland right now.

26/6/2017 11:30 am  #31

Theresa May-hem has just signed a deal with the DUPes, for 10 MPs, and they're gettin £1Bn. For a population of 1.8M.

So when is Scotland getting it's £2.95Bn for its 5.3M fowk. Efter ah, the Tories have 13 MPs in Scotland, that helped them get inta number 10 tae.

26/6/2017 5:00 pm  #32

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Theresa May-hem has just signed a deal with the DUPes, for 10 MPs, and they're gettin £1Bn. For a population of 1.8M.

So when is Scotland getting it's £2.95Bn for its 5.3M fowk. Efter ah, the Tories have 13 MPs in Scotland, that helped them get inta number 10 tae.

Excellent point.

Northern Ireland basically being rewarded for bigotry.

26/6/2017 7:29 pm  #33

its bribery no point in calling it anything else. Regardless of your political preferences its cost the taxpayer 1billion for skeletal to stay in power completely unacceptable

26/6/2017 9:37 pm  #34

The most democratic country in the world in action.

Cash for votes, simple as.

27/6/2017 4:01 am  #35

TheShed wrote:

Cash for votes, simple as.

Not really. 

It is pretty fucking appalling though.  How any so called "conservative" party can be so frivolous is a fucking disgrace.  She's no conservative and neither is half that party.

That said, I watched house of commons all last week.  May is about the worst at articulating conservatism since Major, only time she'd even bother was on fiscal policy.  She needs to fuck off.

That counter agenda Corbin threw out was outright scary.  There was barely an industry he wouldn't nationalize for fuck sake.  Makes sense I suppose since he's Twitter pals with that lunatic in Venuzuela.

The fact she has emboldened that maniac is a disaster and proof positive she needs to fuck off pronto.

Last edited by RRDH (27/6/2017 4:03 am)

27/6/2017 3:24 pm  #36

Like I've said earlier, can you imagine the abuse Corbyn and Sturgeon would be getting from the media had the SNP been the party supporting a minority Labour Government? 

RRDH, it is 'cash for votes', there's no simpler way to describe this action.

Suppose there'll be delight in parts of Ayrshire right enough. I wonder how many folk who voted for the alien Tories in Scotland actually considered what they were getting. They'll be feeling something like many Brexit voters, I'll guess.

I've never known politics to be generally such a mess as it now has become.

Labour in Scotland distanced themselves from Corbyn, but got an improvement because of him, similarly the parliamentary Labour Party down south. They have a leader who their paid politicians hate!

In Scotland the Tories 'resurged' due to having one platform: 'Not to IndyRef2'. Another election soon would see several of their seats disappear again. The UK party's alliance with the anti-gay DUP must be an uncomfortable position for the likes of Davidson and Mundale, right enough. And down south, they have a leader who their paid politicians also hate.

And maybe the SNP, who have made an arse of so many of their responsibilities in Scotland due to obstinacy and dictatorial leadership are maybe wakening to the fact that they need better advice and more flexibility at the top from the Spads, and more consultation with the wider membership.They really are only in power because of the ineptitude of the other parties.

Board footera