Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/4/2024 10:54 pm  #1

Utd vs Partick - Friday 3rd May (7.45PM)

Final game of a long season.

What XI would you like to see?

29/4/2024 1:25 am  #2

Re: Utd vs Partick - Friday 3rd May (7.45PM)

Strongest 11 possible and put on a show for the supporters.

29/4/2024 1:37 am  #3

Shedtastic wrote:

Totally agree.

My team would be - (assuming Docherty and Mochrie are out).

..............................Walton..................
.....Grimshaw...Graham..McLelland...McMann
Fotheringham..Wotherspoon..Sibbald..Middleton
...........................Moult...Watt..........

Subs - 
Newman, Gallagher, Thomson, Cudjoe, MacLeod
Tilson, Meekison, Constable, Glass

*Give wee Deco, Cudjoe and Archie a late cameo and a chance to say Goodbye to the fans

29/4/2024 7:48 am  #4

If its the strongest available team Gallagher is definitely better than McClelland.

29/4/2024 8:26 am  #5

Tek wrote:

Shedtastic wrote:

Totally agree.

Subs - 

*Give wee Deco, Cudjoe and Archie a late cameo and a chance to say Goodbye to the fans

you hope

29/4/2024 9:05 am  #6

Stillliving wrote:

If its the strongest available team Gallagher is definitely better than McClelland.

Gallagher was excellent before his injury, thought he was quite poor in the few games he played afterwards before McClelland came in.   McClelland has the shirt and does not deserve to be dropped IMO.

29/4/2024 9:54 am  #7

Tek wrote:

Final game of a long season.

What XI would you like to see?

Coming up for this,so a strong team and performance please,none of that shite we saw the other night.

29/4/2024 10:00 am  #8

SlatefordArab wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Gallagher was excellent before his injury, thought he was quite poor in the few games he played afterwards before McClelland came in.   McClelland has the shirt and does not deserve to be dropped IMO.

Agreed Slateford.

29/4/2024 10:02 am  #9

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

Shedtastic wrote:

Totally agree.

Subs - 

you hope

I'd be amazed if he kept either of that trio.

He might keep Meekison but he shouldn't. Boy is 22 this week and is still nowhere near the first XI.

Time for him to move on and play football.

29/4/2024 10:30 am  #10

The Airdrie game was a horror show.  I don't care what days the team were out on the lash, it was totally unprofessional to be out on the lash given how shite they played.  I think the worst part of it was that Watt seemed to be boasting about it like he was an under-ager who got into his first night club.  That gives you a good insight into the maturity of the guy and his attitude that probably stopped him going further in his carreer.

For the Partick game, I'd be playing a 4-4-2

Walton

Grimshaw
McLelland
Graham
McMann

Thomson
Sibbald
Wotherspoon
Cudjoe

Moult
Fotheringham

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

29/4/2024 10:57 am  #11

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

Totally agree.

Subs - 

you hope

I'd be amazed if he kept either of that trio.

He might keep Meekison but he shouldn't. Boy is 22 this week and is still nowhere near the first XI.

Time for him to move on and play football.

Glass is away, I like Cujdoe he's a fun player to watch but not suited to Scottish football or the hoofball we have been playing. Meekison is a tidy player but a bit injury prone and hasnt even played when he's been out on Loan.

29/4/2024 10:57 am  #12

Macho Man wrote:

The Airdrie game was a horror show.  I don't care what days the team were out on the lash, it was totally unprofessional to be out on the lash given how shite they played.  I think the worst part of it was that Watt seemed to be boasting about it like he was an under-ager who got into his first night club.  That gives you a good insight into the maturity of the guy and his attitude that probably stopped him going further in his carreer.

Walton

Grimshaw
McLelland
Graham
McMann

Thomson
Sibbald
Wotherspoon
Cudjoe

Moult
Fotheringham

no way Watt isnt starting

29/4/2024 11:19 am  #13

Walton

Grimshaw
McLelland
Graham
McMann

Sibbald
Wotherspoon

Thomson
Watt
Middleton

Moult

29/4/2024 11:21 am  #14

dufc2019 wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

Walton

Grimshaw
McLelland
Graham
McMann

Thomson
Sibbald
Wotherspoon
Cudjoe

Moult
Fotheringham

Why's that?

He looked a million miles off it against Airdrie and looked like he didn't give a shit about how poorly he and the rest of the team performed (due to party 3.0!).  If he gets a game at the weekend, that speaks volumes about what the players get away with.

29/4/2024 11:24 am  #15

Macho Man wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

Walton

Grimshaw
McLelland
Graham
McMann

Thomson
Sibbald
Wotherspoon
Cudjoe

Moult
Fotheringham

Why's that?

He looked a million miles off it against Airdrie and looked like he didn't give a shit about how poorly he and the rest of the team performed (due to party 3.0!).  If he gets a game at the weekend, that speaks volumes about what the players get away with.

I agree with you but still expect him to start

29/4/2024 11:34 am  #16

dufc2019 wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Why's that?

I agree with you but still expect him to start

I hope you're wrong.

I think a marker needs to be put down by Goodwin and (IMO) the last game of the season, when we have already won promotion, could be the perfect time to do so to let people know how things will be for next season, which will be a very difficult and important season.  It will also be a case of dropping a more senior player, who should know better, and a player who most of us wouldn't be too bothered about losing if he left in the summer to free up a large wage for other players who probably will have better attitudes.

Last edited by Macho Man (29/4/2024 11:35 am)

29/4/2024 11:52 am  #17

Macho Man wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

Walton

Grimshaw
McLelland
Graham
McMann

Thomson
Sibbald
Wotherspoon
Cudjoe

Moult
Fotheringham

Why's that?

To be fair EVERY player looked miles off it on Friday except the keeper, Fotheringham hasn't played a decent game for weeks, I'd drop him and play Thomson on the wing and play Grimshaw.

29/4/2024 11:56 am  #18

Tek wrote:

SlatefordArab wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Agreed Slateford.

Gallagher struggled a bit when he was carrying an injury around february/ March agreed. But up until the new year he was my player of the season.
McClelland has done OK but no more in my eyes. He won't be a success in the top league as he is too slow.
Looks like I'm in the minority here but I'm 100% convinced Gallagher is a better CH than McClelland.

29/4/2024 12:29 pm  #19

Macho Man wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

Walton

Grimshaw
McLelland
Graham
McMann

Thomson
Sibbald
Wotherspoon
Cudjoe

Moult
Fotheringham

Why's that?

He was awful but honestly don't think he a centre forward. Don't think he's ever taken a game for us when played there and seems to get put there when Moult is unavailable as we don't have any other options. Seems to have his better games off the left, or playing as a 10. Imagine he will play 10 assuming Moult is fit.

29/4/2024 8:52 pm  #20

Walton..................
.....Thompson...Graham..McLelland...McMann

Presuming Docherty out

01/5/2024 4:38 pm  #21

Wouldn’t be risking Docherty for this at all. 

Also, noticed tickets now sold out completely going by website link

EDIT:  tickets on sale again, Section D of Jerry Kerr now available

Last edited by Snacks94 (01/5/2024 5:22 pm)

01/5/2024 9:30 pm  #22

Display team looking for volunteers at 1pm on Friday to help with the display.

02/5/2024 5:31 pm  #23

Goodwin saying today that Docherty, Holt😮 and Grieve (😮😮😮😮) all trained today and will play a part tomorrow.

02/5/2024 8:52 pm  #24

What’s the point in playing Grieve tomorrow?  Surely it’s obvious he’s no going to be good enough next season?  Give game time to one of the young guys who’ll be under contract.  This kind of thing pisses me off.

02/5/2024 9:04 pm  #25

Snacks94 wrote:

What’s the point in playing Grieve tomorrow?  Surely it’s obvious he’s no going to be good enough next season?  Give game time to one of the young guys who’ll be under contract.  This kind of thing pisses me off.

Our young guys are just as shit as greive.

Board footera